Submitting Multiple Logs

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

How do submit my US and Canadian call sign logs as one .adi file?  Do I just cut and paste the info from one to the other or do I need to do something with the header of the file?

KM4FLF

VA3FLF

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

No need to mess with the header. You should be able to cut and paste or use your logging program to do it.

Which logger do you use?

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM, oldjavadrinker@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

How do submit my US and Canadian call sign logs as one .adi file?  Do I just cut and paste the info from one to the other or do I need to do something with the header of the file?

KM4FLF

VA3FLF

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I use HRD primarily.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2017, at 11:59, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

No need to mess with the header. You should be able to cut and paste or use your logging program to do it.

Which logger do you use?

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM, oldjavadrinker@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

How do submit my US and Canadian call sign logs as one .adi file?  Do I just cut and paste the info from one to the other or do I need to do something with the header of the file?

KM4FLF

VA3FLF

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

You've got 2 separate logs in HRD?  I'd have to see how to do that within the program...

It might be easiest to create one .ADI file, then create the 2nd .ADI. Open each of them in NOTEPAD and copy all of the 2nd one's records and paste to the end of the 1st one's records. Then again, I think that's what you were already planning on doing!

Let me know if I can help.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Steve P oldjavadrinker@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I use HRD primarily.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2017, at 11:59, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

No need to mess with the header. You should be able to cut and paste or use your logging program to do it.

Which logger do you use?

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM, oldjavadrinker@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

How do submit my US and Canadian call sign logs as one .adi file?  Do I just cut and paste the info from one to the other or do I need to do something with the header of the file?

KM4FLF

VA3FLF

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

That is what I was thinking too. I looked through manual and couldn't see it anywhere.

Since I was using my /VE3 call, I wanted a new log for my Canadian call. In call manager it allows you to add or modify. So I selected add log, named it my VA3FLF log and now have two.

I did this because I was very close to WAS on my /VE3.

I will put the question up on the HRD Group just to see if it's possible other than what you described. Thanks Matt.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2017, at 12:10, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Looking through HRD 6.3, I don't see a way to merge the logbooks. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I don't see it.

The copy/paste procedure would be simple enough, I suppose. Just do an EXPORT to ADI of the main log as "MERGED LOG.ADI". Then make an EXPORT to ADI of the second log as "SECOND LOG.ADI". Get them open in two different NOTEPAD windows. Do a SELECT ALL (CTRL+A) in the SECOND LOG.ADI file and then a COPY (CTRL+C). Go to the end of the last record in the MERGED LOG.ADI Notepad window, hit enter, then do a PASTE (CTRL+V). Save the MERGED LOG.ADI file and submit it to the checker using your KM4FLF call sign.  That'll do it!

Good luck!

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Steve P oldjavadrinker@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

boat.anchor@...

Steve
I use HRD
I have multiple logbooks plus one that is called MASTER
With VB7150 open I export an ADI file of all entries.
With CF7GEM open I export an ADI file of all entries.
With MASTER open I import those files.
With MASTER open I upload to the checker.
HTH
Barry

---In 070@..., <oldjavadrinker@...> wrote :

How do submit my US and Canadian call sign logs as one .adi file?  Do I just cut and paste the info from one to the other or do I need to do something with the header of the file?

KM4FLF

VA3FLF

David, K9DWR

* boat.anchor@yahoo.ca [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2017-09-21 18:15]:

Steve
I use HRD
I have multiple logbooks plus one that is called MASTER
With VB7150 open I export an ADI file of all entries.
With CF7GEM open I export an ADI file of all entries.
With MASTER open I import those files.
With MASTER open I upload to the checker.
To clarify, you mean you create a new MASTER and then:

- Import VB7150 into MASTER
- Import CF7GEM into MASTER
- export MASTER (that should now have the contents of both logs).

correct?

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

boat.anchor@...

David
Yes that is what I mean. It can also be done by exporting individual
ADIFs then importing them. I had forgotten HRD can do direct impot.
The longer I live the more I realize
that English is not my natural language.
Barry

* boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> [2017-09-21 18:15]:

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Seems like that"s the old "six to one half dozen to the other."

Thanks for the input guys. That will be one of my weekend tasks.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Alright I merged the two logs this afternoon by adding VA3FLF QSO's to KM4FLF log as an adi and it worked fine. I didn't really gain much from my 111 Canadian QSO's but now I know it can be done and it works with the award checker.

Thanks,

Steve 2301

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Good deal, Steve!

111 records probably didn't influence things a whole lot, but like you said, now you know how to do it!