Topics

Activity

Jerry N9AVY

Never thought I'd see the day when there's more activity on 40m than 20m in the morning.   3 stations on 40m vs  1 station on 20m.   Sure hope conditions change  soon.

Jerry   N9AVY

Richard Rohrer

Hi Jerry,

Its funny that there will be a lot of activity on FT8 when there is none on psk31.

73
Dick   KC3EF

On 9/18/2017 09:44, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

Never thought I'd see the day when there's more activity on 40m than 20m in the morning.   3 stations on 40m vs  1 station on 20m.   Sure hope conditions change  soon.

Jerry   N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Have seen that , too.  Probably still part of "New Toy Syndrome" .  Have heard that FT-8 doesn't work as well as PSK through noise , but not running FT-8 here I can't verify that.

Jerry   n9avy

Its funny that there will be a lot of activity on FT8 when there is none on psk31.

73
Dick   KC3EF

On 9/18/2017 09:44, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

Never thought I'd see the day when there's more activity on 40m than 20m in the morning.   3 stations on 40m vs  1 station on 20m.   Sure hope conditions change  soon.

Jerry   N9AVY

Richard Rohrer

I tried it when it first came out.  Did not like the speed, since I need time to think sometimes.  And it seemed to need several retries to get a complete QSO.  What other grids do you need Jerry?  Planing another trip to the West in Dec/Jan so if I know what grids are needed we can possibly hit some of those.  Going from FL thru NM to NV and then to CA.  Back thru AZ, NM and TX.

73
Dick  KC3EF

On 9/18/2017 12:03, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

Have seen that , too.  Probably still part of "New Toy Syndrome" .  Have heard that FT-8 doesn't work as well as PSK through noise , but not running FT-8 here I can't verify that.

Jerry   n9avy

Its funny that there will be a lot of activity on FT8 when there is none on psk31.

73
Dick   KC3EF

On 9/18/2017 09:44, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

Never thought I'd see the day when there's more activity on 40m than 20m in the morning.   3 stations on 40m vs  1 station on 20m.   Sure hope conditions change  soon.

Jerry   N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Not in shack so can't say what grids are needed and don't carry list with me, Hi hi !

Will let you know when I'm back in shack later.

Thanks !

Jerry n9avy

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

Steve W3HF

Dick -

I think I posted a very short list before, but here's my list of grids needed that are south of 40N (i.e., second letter is L or M):

DL88 (TX)
DM17 (CA,NV)
DM19 (NV)
DM23 (AZ,CA)
DM28 (NV)
DM29 (NV)
DM38 (UT)
DM39 (UT)
DM46 (AZ)
DM47 (UT)
DM51 (AZ,NM)
DM53 (AZ,NM)
DM56 (AZ,NM)
DM74 (NM)
DM85 (NM,TX)
DM86 (NM,OK,TX)
DM90 (TX)
DM92 (TX)
DM96 (OK,TX)
EL07 (TX)
EL59 (LA)

There are more (CN, DN, EN) if you are going that far north.

Richard:

I'll just add an asterisk   (***) behind Steve's want list to make things easier  for you.

Thanks !

Jerry  n9avy