KC3EF Back in FL

Richard Rohrer

Hi All,

We made it back to FL on Weds evening.  No damage to house, but a couple of my wire antennas needed some repair.  Lots of branches and other tree stuff down, so looks like keeping busy for the next couple of days picking up the yard.  Hope other FL members have fared well.

73

Dick, KC3EF

Charles Odom <ki4vmk@...>

Glad you fared well, NW Florida doged the bullet.

Charles
KI4VMK  🇺🇸

On Sep 15, 2017, at 1:23 PM, "Richard Rohrer kc3ef1@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Hi All,

We made it back to FL on Weds evening.  No damage to house, but a couple
of my wire antennas needed some repair.  Lots of branches and other tree
stuff down, so looks like keeping busy for the next couple of days
picking up the yard.  Hope other FL members have fared well.

73

Dick, KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Dick -  Glad you are back and dodged the bullet.  We were very fortunate too.  Eye came right over us about 2:30 AM Monday.  Our house survived with no damage!  Only tree limbs and shrubs to cut and clean up.  My antenna was down and inside.  Back up now and on the air.

Many were not as blessed as we were.  Trees on roofs, windows blown out, flooding.  Lots of blue tarps showing.  As of this morning there were still 23,000+ in Lake County without power.  That means no AC and the heat index is over 100.  We only lost power for about 25 hours thanks to all underground utilities in our development.  But that was long enough! Got to consider a whole-house generator real soon - hi hi!

Any prayers for Florida and the thousands who are suffering mightly will be greatly appreciated!

Dick did you come through EM13ko?   If you did I missed you, thought you might give me a holler when you came through.

Jim, K5SP

On 9/15/2017 1:17 PM, Richard Rohrer kc3ef1@... [070] wrote:

Hi All,

We made it back to FL on Weds evening.  No damage to house, but a couple
of my wire antennas needed some repair.  Lots of branches and other tree
stuff down, so looks like keeping busy for the next couple of days
picking up the yard.  Hope other FL members have fared well.

73

Dick, KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi Jim,

We came thru on Saturday, which I thought you were going to be at the OU game?  Stayed in Sherman, TX and then headed for Covington, LA.  We will be passing thru again around Xmas time as we are heading West to CA for an event.

73
Dick
KC3EF

On 9/15/2017 16:34, Jim Innis jinnis@... [070] wrote:

Dick did you come through EM13ko?   If you did I missed you, thought you might give me a holler when you came through.

Jim, K5SP

On 9/15/2017 1:17 PM, Richard Rohrer kc3ef1@... [070] wrote:

Hi All,

We made it back to FL on Weds evening.  No damage to house, but a couple
of my wire antennas needed some repair.  Lots of branches and other tree
stuff down, so looks like keeping busy for the next couple of days
picking up the yard.  Hope other FL members have fared well.

73

Dick, KC3EF

Jim K5SP

I misread the schedule. Last week was an away game.

Sorry we missed each other.

[...]

That is how things go some times.  We stopped at the wildlife refuge, so we did not get to the hotel until late.  Will be back in the area before Xmas and I will drop you a line.

73
Dick
KC3EF