Setting Up Elecraft Rigs for the Digital Modes

Mike Flowers

Hi Gang,

Don, W3FPR, just posted this link to the Elecraft reflector, and I’ll post it here as well.

If any folks out there have questions about setting up Elecraft rigs for the digital modes, this is an authoritative source.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

Radio <radio@...>

One other thing I might add to this excellent article on setting up a K3(s) is that a test carrier on an even multiple of [frequency} + 500Hz (500, 1000, 1500 etc) will not give an even 4 bars of ALC but will pulse between 0-7 bars.  By setting the pitch to slightly more (or less) will give a steady 4 bars.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS