KC3EF Road Trip

Richard Rohrer

I am currently in Amarillo, TX.  Worked several stations on our trip thru New Mexico, but did not hear any of the members that were looking for the grids.  Propagation seemed to be going North/South and not much further East than MO.

We are not returning to FL until Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on condition in North Florida.  Our thoughts and prayers are for all people in FL, especially our fellow 070 members.

PS to W3HF were are currently in the grid you need.  Will be on the air tomorrow morning around 9:00 am CDT.

73

Dick

KC3EF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick - N7WE

Might want to slow down your return Dick.  The latest track has central Florida and Gainesville in the NE qaudrant on Monday morning.

For those of you who may never have had to live with hurricanes, the NE quadrant alway has the highest winds and most tornadoes.

Leesburg FL

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Dick
I second Rick's comments. Stay away until at least as the Wednesday.
73
Paul

On Sep 9, 2017 07:35, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Might want to slow down your return Dick.  The latest track has central Florida and Gainesville in the NE qaudrant on Monday morning.

For those of you who may never have had to live with hurricanes, the NE quadrant alway has the highest winds and most tornadoes.

Leesburg FL

Stephen Melachrinos

Dick -

Thanks. I'll try to be on just before 0900 CDT / 1000 EDT / 1400z looking for you. I presume your usual 20m, around 14072.

And let me echo the warning from Rick N7WE. We have family near Melbourne, Gainesville, and The Villages, and even Tuesday or Wednesday might be too early. The storm might be past, but there might not be enough services (fuel, food, etc) to support people coming back. Stay safe.

I am currently in Amarillo, TX.  Worked several stations on our trip thru New Mexico, but did not hear any of the members that were looking for the grids.  Propagation seemed to be going North/South and not much further East than MO.

We are not returning to FL until Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on condition in North Florida.  Our thoughts and prayers are for all people in FL, especially our fellow 070 members.

PS to W3HF were are currently in the grid you need.  Will be on the air tomorrow morning around 9:00 am CDT.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Rohrer

Hi All,

We are staying in Louisana until we think it will be safe to return.  Wanted to be close enough to get home in one day.  Neighboors are looking out for house.

73
Dick
KC3EF

On Sep 9, 2017 7:43 AM, "Paul Milward nu4c@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Dick
I second Rick's comments. Stay away until at least as the Wednesday.
73
Paul

On Sep 9, 2017 07:35, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Might want to slow down your return Dick.  The latest track has central Florida and Gainesville in the NE qaudrant on Monday morning.

For those of you who may never have had to live with hurricanes, the NE quadrant alway has the highest winds and most tornadoes.

Leesburg FL

Stephen Melachrinos

Anyone seeing Dick? Or anyone else for that matter?

...Will be on the air tomorrow morning around 9:00 am CDT.

73
Dick
KC3EF

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

I hung about on 20 from 10:00 est for about 30 min no sign of him.
I made one contact into MS and one to GA but nothing else.
John KE4JB

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Anyone seeing Dick? Or anyone else for that matter?

...Will be on the air tomorrow morning around 9:00 am CDT.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Steve:

There was some brief activity here on 40m about 0800  CDT this morning.  Other wise it was dead quiet... not a PSK signal to be heard.  Turned off radio at 0900 CDT  and decided to other stuff.

Jerry n9avy

Anyone seeing Dick? Or anyone else for that matter?