2017 KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE - On the Air

stan W9SMR

WE finally got the antennas up and tuned.

Saw PropNet from EL99 on 6m. Will call on the half-hours around 50,290 +2,000 Hz.

Otherwise, look for KC9UR on 20m 14,070 +2,000 Hz

Bob tuning up for 17m. If we can find a hole around the FT8 signals..

Worked first ever APE to APE using Pontoon Portable to Pontoon Portable stations. Tnx Matt, W5MMW/VE3

Off we go, 73,
Stan
W9SMR
Bob
KC9UR

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, August 25, 2017 4:26 PM, "stan robinson robinstan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Bob to 30m  10,140 +2,000Hz

Stan back on 40m  7,070 +2,000Hz

[...]

W5MMW Matt Manjos

Had a great afternoon chasing KC9UR around the bands. Lots of fun to work APE-to-APE and pontoon-to-pontoon. I'll include some photos in my APE writeup.

Thanks also to W3WMU and N9AVY for the additional QSOs in the log this afternoon.

30m is such a magic band. After working KC9UR, I found GW1AKT just below and was able to get a QSO using only 15W.

Thanks again, Bob and Stan!

73 de W5MMW (/VE3)

Matt

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 5:40 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

The frame has been filled ! .....now we go for the icing on the cake chasing u 2 APEs on the other frequencies .....

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
[...]

I got lucky and had the pleasure of working 2 Pontoon portables APEs today ....  KC9UR and W5MMW/VE3
Earlier this month I enjoyed working the "The Texas Boys"
Great jobs and thanks for all your work and effort putting your expeditions together !

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Yahoo