Topics

Frustration with QRZ

boat.anchor@...

Well frustration hits again.

QRZ access has been spotty for a couple days. Also they have managed to lose

my VB7150 page altogether, creating problems when contacts try to confirm my identity.

This has been reported to QRZ support and it has been "Dispatch Ticket to HQ".

Yes I am a paid up supporter.

I had the pleasure of working a new, to me, member only to be told -

"I don't log any body not in Zed. Maybe you should fix the QRZ
record for your call.  I am not an official observer."

I tried to explain I was OK but due to QRZ's issues he would not log the contact. Hope all
Florida hams don't think that QRZ is the absolute definitive reference when it comes to
determining station legitimacy.

Barry
VB7150

Jerry N9AVY

Barry:

The guy sounds like a flake !   Being an Official Observer has no weight in Canada.

There are some people who have had their QRZ info removed upon request  or by QRZ  for being naughty.

Tell the guy his opinions and $2  will buy him a cup of coffee !

Jerry  N9AVY

QRZ access has been spotty for a couple days. Also they have managed to lose
my VB7150 page altogether, creating problems when contacts try to confirm my identity.
This has been reported to QRZ support and it has been "Dispatch Ticket to HQ".
Yes I am a paid up supporter.

I had the pleasure of working a new, to me, member only to be told -

"I don't log any body not in Zed. Maybe you should fix the QRZ
record for your call.  I am not an official observer."

I tried to explain I was OK but due to QRZ's issues he would not log the contact. Hope all
Florida hams don't think that QRZ is the absolute definitive reference when it comes to
determining station legitimacy.

Barry
VB7150

Morris WA4MIT

What a Jerk that character was how ignorant can people be now days. Barry your QRZ is up here as VA7GEM with V7150 listed as alias.
73 Morris wa4mit

boat.anchor@...

boat.anchor@...

Jerry
He has been added to all my blocked callsign lists.
Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

[...]

Morris
Yes QRZ used to let me have a separate page for each callsign so that I could provide pertinent info for the call.
No more.
Barry

---In 070@..., <wa4mit@...> wrote :

What a Jerk that character was how ignorant can people be now days. Barry your QRZ is up here as VA7GEM with V7150 listed as alias.
73 Morris wa4mit

Joe Cook

Well, I am probably the youngster  here (no disrespect,  i mean one of the newest hams in the group ) but isn't it somewhere in the FCC regs that all operators are supposed to keep a log of all activity?  Does the FCC excuse that requirement if the contact is not listed on the stations preferred 3rd party website?  My guess is no....

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

[...]

W5MMW Matt Manjos

Interesting. A few days ago, I noticed that my details & bio set up for W5MMW/VE3 were deleted.

I logged a ticket asking if I had done something wrong or broke a rule or something but was told that "there has never been a W5MMW/VE3 page." Despite all of the work I put into laying it out, uploading photos, etc: it was gone.

I had to recreate it last night. Hopefully it doesn't get bulk deleted again just like how it looks your VB7150 page also expereinced.

Matt
W5MMW

---In 070@..., wrote :

[...]

Chris J LaRue NO7E

 That used to be a rule it is no longer one. the rule even said that you had to keep a call log for every CQ and if no answer put a line through it. Just an FYI VB station is in Canada so he's not regulated by the FCC anyway.

73 de Chris NO7E
NO7E@...
no7e@...

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

[...]

See, I told you that I was the new guy.....
Either way,  I logg everything.

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

[...]

If anyone is interested in the Special Event Callsign handling changes at QRZ you can follow:
regards
Barry

---In 070@..., <boat.anchor@...> wrote :

Well frustration hits again.

QRZ access has been spotty for a couple days. Also they have managed to lose

my VB7150 page altogether, creating problems when contacts try to confirm my identity.

This has been reported to QRZ support and it has been "Dispatch Ticket to HQ".

Yes I am a paid up supporter.

I had the pleasure of working a new, to me, member only to be told -

"I don't log any body not in Zed. Maybe you should fix the QRZ
record for your call.  I am not an official observer."

I tried to explain I was OK but due to QRZ's issues he would not log the contact. Hope all
Florida hams don't think that QRZ is the absolute definitive reference when it comes to
determining station legitimacy.

Barry
VB7150

Jerry N9AVY

Well ... isn't that "especial" ...

:-)

Jerry  N9AVY

---In 070@..., wrote :

Well frustration hits again.

QRZ access has been spotty for a couple days. Also they have managed to lose
my VB7150 page altogether, creating problems when contacts try to confirm my identity.
This has been reported to QRZ support and it has been "Dispatch Ticket to HQ".
Yes I am a paid up supporter.

I had the pleasure of working a new, to me, member only to be told -

"I don't log any body not in Zed. Maybe you should fix the QRZ
record for your call.  I am not an official observer."

I tried to explain I was OK but due to QRZ's issues he would not log the contact. Hope all
Florida hams don't think that QRZ is the absolute definitive reference when it comes to
determining station legitimacy.

Barry
VB7150

boat.anchor@...

Issue resolved. QRZ has restored the database.
Barry

---In 070@..., <boat.anchor@...> wrote :

If anyone is interested in the Special Event Callsign handling changes at QRZ you can follow:
regards
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Great !!!!