I can’t believe I missed the opportunity to run an APE for this. It never occurred to me with all the preparations for the eclipse. :-(

Maybe for the 2024 one…

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

On Aug 24, 2017, at 09:28, 'ljl2002@att.net' joe_molon@yahoo.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Mike,

We won't mark a "black spot" against you for it, even though we were "left in the dark" about it.

Glad that you had a great experience. It definitely got dimmer here in CT but nothing like what you and others experienced. It must have been truly awesome.

I busied my self with making contacts for the HamSci project but did step out to observe the "not so totality" here.

Did you ever wonder how the moon just happened to be the correct size to make this all possible?
What a plan!

ljl2002@att.net

Mike,

We won't mark a "black spot" against you for it, even though we were "left in the dark" about it.

Glad that you had a great experience.  It definitely got dimmer here in CT but nothing like what you and others experienced.  It must have been truly awesome.

I busied my self with making contacts for the HamSci project but did step out to observe the "not so totality" here.

Did you ever wonder how the moon just happened to be the correct size to make this all possible?
What a plan!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:41 PM, "Mike Flowers mike.flowers@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

It eclipses all other!

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Aug 23, 2017, at 11:31 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Mike:

I must be "special"  ... got 4  copies of your eclipse report !

Jerry   n9avy

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Jerry N9AVY

Probably a ISP "hiccup" ...

Jerry n9avy

Same here, 4 copies all with the same time stamp.

Jim K5SP

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Jerry N9AVY

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Mike Flowers

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

David, K9DWR

* Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2017-08-19 15:41]:

#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jerry N9AVY

You and hundreds of thousands of other  "Eclipse Peepers" !   Traffic jams will be horrific !   Good luck !   Watch out afterwards for people driving who had wrong types of solar glasses.

Full report on your return !

Jerry   N9AVY

Im headed off to southern Illinois to experience totality...Cant wait to share stories on the air with fellow chasers when I get back..
No radios along, need to stay mobile to dodge the clouds...who knows maybe we'll cross paths
73,
Brian K9WIS

k9wis@...