Wanted list for grids ?

David Westbrook

Thx Steve!
I've added that list of 41 grids with under 10 Q's to this page:
  http://hamclubs.info/070-checker/070-stats.html
So you can see the data that there is for each .. .e.g. DN87 was last worked in 2010

That stats page is refreshed weekly from the endorsement checker db.

73!
--david
KJ4IZW

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I'm not an expert on "big data manipulation", but I know my way around Excel pretty well. So I took on Jerry and David's challenge, and here are the results.

There are just over 2.2 million QSOs in the database, but that includes non-US stations/grids, and QSOs that don't include grids. Filtering to just QSOs with US stations with grids included and grids within the 436 that count for the 070 award takes the total down to about 598 thousand. I then tallied (not manually!) how many QSOs were with each of those 436 grids. Note that this counts QSOs, not unique callsigns (so there are many duplicates in the count). I also did not do any real quality checking other than that they were valid 4-character grids that matched one of the 436. So if someone had logged me at my home QTH (which is FN20), but put EN20 or DN20 as the grid, it was counted as that errant grid.

- There are eleven grids that have no QSOs at all:

DL88
DM85
DN01
DN02
DN25
DN34
DN52
DN57
DN65
DN75
EN28

- There are thirty other grids with less than ten QSOs each:

DN11  1
DN12  1
DN67  1
DN92  1
DM28  2
DM39  2
DN21  2
DM47  3
DM48  3
DN04  3
DN85  3
FN65  3
DM17  4
DM38  4
DM53  4
DM74  4
DM86  4
DM87  4
DN51  4
DN87  4
DM19  5
DM90  5
DN56  5
DM96  7
DN10  7
DN93  8
DN95  8
EN38  8
DN53  9
DN68  9

- There are four grids with over 10,000 QSOs each.

FN42  10027
FM19  10262
FM18  12395
FN20  20760

I'll be posting the results spreadsheet to the Yahoo page if anyone wants to check on other grids.

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Glad to see we're doing our share in FM18.

The MD QSO Party was pretty much a bust.  Made a dozen contacts Sat in 7 hours.  Made 2 in 6 hours today before throwing in the towel.  Hope to see all on my APE from the Schooner Lewis B French somewhere in Penebscot Bay, Maine late August.  Mostly will work 20 meters in the evening.

David Hardy   1692/381
KB63RAN
CARA President

- There are four grids with over 10,000 QSOs each.

FN42  10027
FM19  10262
FM18  12395
FN20  20760

I'll be posting the results spreadsheet to the Yahoo page if anyone wants to check on other grids.

Stephen Melachrinos

There are 488 grids that touch the lower 48 states. The definitive list is for the Fred Fish Memorial Award, which ARRL gives to 6m operators for working them all.

070 chose to skip 52 of those grids, because almost all of the grid is either wet (i.e., water) or in Canada or Mexico. EL28 is one of them. The full list is on the 070 Membership Endorsements page.

I did not see EL28 on your list.  I plan on activating in Jan 2018 as we are staying in Freeport, TX for a week.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi Steve,

I did not see EL28 on your list.  I plan on activating in Jan 2018 as we are staying in Freeport, TX for a week.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Neat analysis Steve.  Have to keep this in mind for future road trips.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Steve:

.WOW !  Great job  !!!   This would have taken me days/weeks to process.

As suspected  most of East coast grids (FM/FN)  are somewhat easy to work.

Looking through the list, it seems I have 7 out of all on list worked: DN04/DM74/DM87/DM90/DN43/EN38DM53; However, I know I've missed a 1/2 dozen or so over the years which are probably on the list.

This morning I got all excited over an Eqsl from 2007... checked logs and couldn't find that station which was in EM39 (last one to finish MO) ... turns out it was a SSB  QSO - BAH !

Jerry  N9AVY

[...]

True,  but it would only be as current as submissions to checker.  However, it would be a place to work from...

Jerry  N9AVY