Topics

Cross Country Mobile/Portable Operation

Richard Rohrer

Starting on Aug 20 the xyl and I are going on a trip to CO and some of the other Western states.

The list below shows the grids I know will be covered as they are stopping points.  From the cities/states listed the routes can be worked out.  I will try to post on the site where we are when I hit a new grid while mobile.  I will be running 100 watts to a 20 mtr hamstick with a tuner.  I know the combination does not load on 40 or 15 so 20 will probably be the band of choice.  If anyone wants to try a sked let me know.

73

Dick

KC3EF

State Location Grid
TN Murfreesboro EM65su
AR Little Rock  EM34tr
OK Oklahoma City EM15ek
TX Dumas DM95au
NM Capulin DM86ss
CO Pueblo DM78qh
CO Dillon DM69xo
CO Lone Tree DM79nn
CO Montrose DM68bl
UT Green River DM48wx
UT Capital Reef NP DM48ig
UT Cedar Breaks NM DM37no
UT Kanab DM37rb
AZ Caynon de Chelly NM DM56fd
CO Durango DM67bh
TX Amarillo DM95ae
TX Gainesville EM13kq
TX Hagerman NWR EM13or
LA Natachitoches EM31kr
LA Lacassine NWR EM30na
LA Covington EM40wk

Stephen Melachrinos

Dick -

Thanks for posting this. FWIW, I need three of the grids you've posted: DM95, DM86, and DM56. Does "stopping point" mean you will be spending the night there, and thus might expect to be on the air in the evening?

Dick-

Yes!  Many thanks for posting and with that itinerary you will have a great trip.

I need 4 of the grids you posted: DM86, DM67, DM56, and DM48.  But I will be gladly work you from any grid anywhere!  I'll be watching for your posts.  Will you be using KC3EF/M or KC3EF/P or ??

Thanks again, and travel safe.  (Take lots of pictures!)

Dick:

Thanks for all these great grids !

Looking over list, I need DM86, DM68, DM48, & DM56.  Hope to work you from those grids !

73 es TNX !

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

[...]

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Dick
I need 3. I'll be watching for you in DM48, DM56 & DM86. Of course, I'll also be watching for you in all the ohers too.
73
de Paul nu4c

[...]

Jim K5SP

I see Gainesville on you list. I am EM13ko here. When will you be here?

[...]

Ok everyone.  Here is the schedule according to the XYL.  DM86 on 8/25 during the day.  DM48 & DM37 on 9/5 during the day.  DM68 on evening of 9/3. DM67 for two evenings 9/6-9/7. DM95 on evening of 9/8.  Gainesville on evening of 9/9.

I have decided since the rig will be in the car to use KC3EF/M for this trip.

Will try to post possible times for the day events, but will probably be in areas with no coverage, but will try to post estimate the night before from the hotel.  If we wander off path to a different grid will try to post also.  If anyone is interested in the entire route let me known and I can e-mail the links to google maps that show the entire trip.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Thanks Dick-

I'll be watching for you!  Enjoy the trip.

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Dick
I would like the links to Google Map please. Also, do you have a forecast date for DM56?
If you can easily determine the County you are transmitting from please include that info in your exchange. It would be a plus for those of us who chase counties. However, if you are unclear as to County we can infer it from City Name on your list.
tiu and 73
de Paul NU4C

Ok everyone.  Here is the schedule according to the XYL.  DM86 on 8/25 during the day.  DM48 & DM37 on 9/5 during the day.  DM68 on evening of 9/3. DM67 for two evenings 9/6-9/7. DM95 on evening of 9/8.  Gainesville on evening of 9/9.

I have decided since the rig will be in the car to use KC3EF/M for this trip.

Will try to post possible times for the day events, but will probably be in areas with no coverage, but will try to post estimate the night before from the hotel.  If we wander off path to a different grid will try to post also.  If anyone is interested in the entire route let me known and I can e-mail the links to google maps that show the entire trip.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi Paul,

I thought I had put the date for DM56 in the e-mail.  It is 9/6 and most likely in the afternoon.  I will put the name of the county that I am operating from.  I have attached a word doc that has the google map links.  Just past and go and it will generate the correct map.  If there are any other places you need let me know and I will try to accommodate.

After this trip we are planing a trip to San Jose in late Dec/Jan and stopping in TX (EL28), which should be interesting since it has only a little dry land in it.

Tested radio/antenna in car this morning and worked Cuba on JT65.

73
Dick
KC3EF