Finally

Jerry N9AVY

After months of hunting for elusive EM91 grid, I finally worked KA4KOE in EM91 !   Snagged him as he was heading away from radio.  That QSO completed GA  for me....  now just a few grids in WI, MI, & LA  and I'll have everything East of the Mississippi River finished.  After that the uphill battle  for Western U.S. begins ... oh joy  :-(

Jerry  n9avy  #454

Rick - N7WE

Congrats Jerry!  As far as the western states....goooooood luck!  There are some grids out there where people, let alone hams working PSK31, are hard to find.  I think western grids are a lot easier from western QTHs. Maybe a road trip, or getting freindly hams to invite you to guest operate from their QTH?  Nothing in the rules say all QSOs have to be from your home QTH.  But you can't count the grids you work from.  Tried that....didn't fly!  Hi hi.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jerry N9AVY

Yes, even from here in IL the Western states are harder to work.  Unless the FCC issues licenses to prairie dogs and other critters  , we'll probably be limited to hams willing to drive out to the various grids. Got a lot of Western grids thanks to your trip last year !

This grid endorsement  is doable, but it will be something to work during periods of poor propagation.  Heck, it's something to do when there is no DX.  Think the endorsements give everyone something to do when things are slow.

Jerry  n9avy

To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 11:51 AM
Subject: [070] Re: Finally

Congrats Jerry!  As far as the western states....goooooood luck!  There are some grids out there where people, let alone hams working PSK31, are hard to find.  I think western grids are a lot easier from western QTHs. Maybe a road trip, or getting freindly hams to invite you to guest operate from their QTH?  Nothing in the rules say all QSOs have to be from your home QTH.  But you can't count the grids you work from.  Tried that....didn't fly!  Hi hi.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Jerry, 
Congrats on EM91.
I saw you working stations on 20 this morning. Now I wish stayed around. EM91 was my last in GA. And its still my last in GA. Congrats again and thanks. I will try to contact ka4koe and set up a sked.
73 Paul nu4c #824

On Aug 6, 2017 11:32, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

After months of hunting for elusive EM91 grid, I finally worked KA4KOE in EM91 !   Snagged him as he was heading away from radio.  That QSO completed GA  for me....  now just a few grids in WI, MI, & LA  and I'll have everything East of the Mississippi River finished.  After that the uphill battle  for Western U.S. begins ... oh joy  :-(

Jerry  n9avy  #454

Stephen Melachrinos

Congratulations, Jerry. EM91 is a tough one, though EM71 was my last for GA. As for other tough ones, here is my list:

CN98 - last one for WA
EL59 - last one for LA
FN56 and FN65 - last ones for ME
EN28 and EN38 - last ones for MN
DN82 and DN83 - last ones for NE
DM86 and DM96 - last ones for OK

Then there are 50 more grids covering 12 more states where I need more than 2 grids each to finish.

Steve
W3HF

Paula K7PAX #1739

I really haven't paid much attention to grids yet. Now that my 366 is approaching completion (9 days to go) I will look at grids thanks to the inspiration I have gotten from you guys!

Paula

On Aug 6, 2017, at 11:31 AM, Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Congratulations, Jerry. EM91 is a tough one, though EM71 was my last for GA. As for other tough ones, here is my list:

CN98 - last one for WA
EL59 - last one for LA
FN56 and FN65 - last ones for ME
EN28 and EN38 - last ones for MN
DN82 and DN83 - last ones for NE
DM86 and DM96 - last ones for OK

Then there are 50 more grids covering 12 more states where I need more than 2 grids each to finish.

Steve
W3HF

Jerry N9AVY

Paul:

Hope it works  for you. KA4KOE   seems very obliging as he stuck around after I asked for  a  "quickie  contact"  .  A real gentleman !   

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Finally

Jerry, 
Congrats on EM91.
I saw you working stations on 20 this morning. Now I wish stayed around. EM91 was my last in GA. And its still my last in GA. Congrats again and thanks. I will try to contact ka4koe and set up a sked.
73 Paul nu4c #824

On Aug 6, 2017 11:32, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jerry  n9avy  #454

Jerry N9AVY

Steve:

Mine are in RED  next to yours below.

Jerry N9AVY

Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Finally

CN98 - last one for WA                                Ditto
EL59 - last one for LA                                  Ditto
FN56 and FN65 - last ones for ME              Ditto plus FM64
EN28 and EN38 - last ones for MN             EN13 - EN14 - EN18 -  EN23 - EN28 - EN37 - EN38 

DN82 and DN83 - last ones for NE             DN81 - DN82 -DN90 - DN92 - EN01 - EN02

DM86 and DM96 - last ones for OK            DM96 - EM06

Steve
W3HF

boat.anchor@...

Jerry
I wud luv to help U but no gud 4 that
BBarry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Jerry  n9avy  #454

boat.anchor@...

Rick
My experience is cross continent is easier than local
regards

Barry

---In 070@..., <n7we1980@...> wrote :

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jerry N9AVY

Barry:

It's the spirit  that counts ! 

Figure I'll finish the grids 5 years after I'll pushing up daisies ! 

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 4:08 PM
Subject: [070] Re: Finally

Jerry
I wud luv to help U but no gud 4 that
BBarry

---In 070@..., wrote :

Jerry  n9avy  #454