From: "ak7db@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:53 PM
Subject: [070] Is Grid FM28 a hard one to get?

Hi,
I'm not familiar with that part of the country but I could finish 3 states by getting that grid.  Is this one that is active?  Looks like I missed it during last year's APE.

73,
Dave AK7DB

David Blankenburg, AK7DB

Here in NV many of the grids have more bighorn sheep and coyotes then people so they're tough to get.  I just wondered if FM28 was in an area that was not well populated (or only accessible at low tide).

Most of the fun of ham radio for me is "casting out the CQ line" and seeing what you can catch.

Dave AK7DB

Jerry N9AVY

Yup, kinda figured that many grids out West have more critters than people.  Some are probably government land which is probably posted "no trespassing" (Area 51).  Some is also in mountains or deserts which often has little or no population.

Guess I'm like you in that I call CQ  and am always surprised at whoever  answers... just like fishing !  When I work someone for the second time, it's like meeting up with an old friend.

Jerry  n9avy

Here in NV many of the grids have more bighorn sheep and coyotes then people so they're tough to get.  I just wondered if FM28 was in an area that was not well populated (or only accessible at low tide).

Most of the fun of ham radio for me is "casting out the CQ line" and seeing what you can catch.

Dave AK7DB

boat.anchor@...

FM22

Log shows 22 PSK31 contacts
18 in DE
2 in MD
1 in VA
1 /MM

GL de Barry

boat.anchor@...

Jerry

I agree about unpopulated grids.
Also need to factor in the Black Holes of which there appear to be a few.

Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Yup, kinda figured that many grids out West have more critters than people.  Some are probably government land which is probably posted "no trespassing" (Area 51).  Some is also in mountains or deserts which often has little or no population.

Guess I'm like you in that I call CQ  and am always surprised at whoever  answers... just like fishing !  When I work someone for the second time, it's like meeting up with an old friend.

Don't think I'd count a /mm contact  unless it was Mickey Mouse !

Jerry n9avy