KC3EF Portable Operation in Delaware

Richard Rohrer

We are visiting friends in Delaware this week.  If anyone needs FM29DQ36 let me know and we can try to schedule a contact.  Will be available mostly in the evening.  Running 100 watts to a sloping wire.  

Dick
KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Too bad  you can't announce this to a greater audience.   Seems  like I see a lot of stations calling "CQ Delaware"  looking to get it for their WAS. 

Have fun  and will look for you when I'm not at work.

73,  Jerry  N9AVY #454

To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:37 PM
Subject: [070] KC3EF Portable Operation in Delaware

We are visiting friends in Delaware this week.  If anyone needs FM29DQ36 let me know and we can try to schedule a contact.  Will be available mostly in the evening.  Running 100 watts to a sloping wire.  

Dick
KC3EF

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I'm in Delaware this week also for a couple of days.   Will try to get on the radio in the evenings.  
Probably 20 and will check 40.

Dave Hardy KB3RAN  1697/381

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/30/17 21:37 (GMT-05:00)
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] KC3EF Portable Operation in Delaware

Dick
KC3EF

David Blankenburg, AK7DB

Are either of you still on from Delaware in the evenings or did I miss the window?  I've been hunting a 40m DE contact for months now.

Dave, AK7DB

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I was on 20 meters during the day on Aug 1 1830Z to 2100Z from FM28 at Bethany Beach at the Delaware Army National Guard training base.  I made 4 contacts in FL, GA and CA.  I was hearing a lot of stations but not getting out to many.  I worked my FT857 off a solar charged LiFePO4 battery to a 20mtr lightweight dipole hoisted up my 16ft Buddipole mast. Used my Galaxy 7 Edge phone bluetoothed to a lightweight keyboard hooked through a Wolphilink adapter cable.  Pictures available if interested.  This has turned into my portable station for working from picnic tables and mountain tops.  

David Hardy  # 1697/381
KB3RAN
CARA President

-----Original Message-----
To: 070 <070@...>
Sent: Wed, Aug 2, 2017 5:55 pm
Subject: [070] Re: KC3EF Portable Operation in Delaware

Are either of you still on from Delaware in the evenings or did I miss the window?  I've been hunting a 40m DE contact for months now.

Dave, AK7DB

Rick - N7WE

As my brother-in-law in Newfoundland would say: "Good On Ya David".  Sorry I missed you.  I have been mostly off the air this week due to Emily - that unusual west to east tropical storm and the accompanying long lasting lightning and thunder storms here in central Florida. 

Hope you had fun with the portable op.  Sounds like you have a great setup.  Plans for the next time?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Richard Rohrer

Unfortunately I have disassembled the station as I am getting ready to head back to FL.  Will be up in the area again in Sept and then again in November.  Let me know if you still need DE.

Dick
KC3EF