From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2017 09:57
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] DM49 Coming on the air!

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

W7RIV

Thanks Paula. I had messed up the Grid on your call. It should be DM49, make sure you log DM49.

Thanks again.  I saw N9AVY clear clear clear....cannot see me Jerry?

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:13 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got him! For once I can see someone that you east coasties can’t get. Barry got ‘im too! J

Paula K7PAX #1739

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

Paula K7PAX #1739

Thanks Bryon, I have it in the log as DM49. . .

Paula K7PAX

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

Don Bolstad K9DEB

I was able to get Byron also.

Don K9DEB #2007

Jerry N9AVY

Thought I saw a weak trace, but a KB3 called me, but I kinda rushed  him off  because I was hunting a station I saw that was in DM37.    (think it was KD7TTT)  , a needed grid.   Never found him again because of loud crash in kitchen  from Granddaughter Katie slipping on wet floor  which was followed by a lengthy phone call  from an old friend.  Never made it back to radio !

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Oh no Paula, I got him when he first came on the air and I’m in NC!!  LOL   :-)

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:13 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got him! For once I can see someone that you east coasties can’t get. Barry got ‘im too! J

Paula K7PAX #1739

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

Paula K7PAX #1739

Awww, you popped my bubble !

Paula

On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Oh no Paula, I got him when he first came on the air and I’m in NC!!  LOL   :-)

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:13 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got him! For once I can see someone that you east coasties can’t get. Barry got ‘im too! J

Paula K7PAX #1739

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

Dan Morris - KZ3T

HAHA,  Sorry. . .

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 6:02 PM, Paula Johnson hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Awww, you popped my bubble !

Paula

On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Oh no Paula, I got him when he first came on the air and I’m in NC!!  LOL   :-)

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 2:13 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got him! For once I can see someone that you east coasties can’t get. Barry got ‘im too! J

Paula K7PAX #1739

Look for W7RIV, just finishing the setup.

Bryon, W7RIV

boat.anchor@...

Bryon

Not sure what you are doing with your logging from a different QTH
Are you using W7RIV/P
Just curious how to enter the contact
TU
Barry
VB7150

W7RIV

Barry,

Maybe I messed up. I didn't use /P

What would have been the best thing to do?

Bryon, W7RIV

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 5:47 PM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Bryon

Not sure what you are doing with your logging from a different QTH
Are you using W7RIV/P
Just curious how to enter the contact
TU
Barry
VB7150

Stephen Melachrinos

Bryon -

There really is no absolute right or wrong in this, but some options make it more complicated depending on how you want to QSL. I've posted some of this to the reflector in the past, but here's a quick summary.

1. First of all, you can legally operate as W7RIV. FCC does not require you to use a portable identifier--it's your choice.
2. Second, you operated as W7RIV. That means that you have to QSL as W7RIV. You can't change the callsign you operated under after the fact. But you do have to keep your log entries separate--don't just mix them up with your regular log entries as you want to QSL them from DM49, not your home QTH.
3. If you only want to QSL on paper, it's easy. Just make sure you use "different" QSL cards for this activation. That doesn't mean you have to print new ones--you can hand-write on paper cards your actual location (town, grid, etc). But please make sure the cards indicate where the station really was.
4. It gets more complicated to use electronic QSL systems, and the way they work is different from system to system.
4a. For LoTW, you use your regular W7RIV certificate since that's the callsign you used. But you have to create a new station location, associate that location with the W7RIV callsign certificate, and sign the cards with that combination.
4b. For eQSL, you need to establish a new account for the new location. Accounts are defined by callsign and a contiguous time period, so this new account is defined by W7RIV and your hours of operation. But here's where it gets messy--it means you have to end your current W7RIV account at a time just before you went portable, and create a new account for home operation that starts after you got back.
4c. I'm not sure what to do about QRZ, HRD, or any other electronic system as I don't use them.
5. Finally, if your log program automatically uploads to any electronic system, do NOT let it do that with these QSOs. That is the equivalent of sending paper QSLs from your home QTH. The right way to partition the QSOs depends on the logging program--some may let you set station location by QSO, others may make you create separate files, etc.

What would have been the best thing to do?

Bryon, W7RIV

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 5:47 PM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Bryon

Not sure what you are doing with your logging from a different QTH
Are you using W7RIV/P
Just curious how to enter the contact
TU
Barry
VB7150

David Westbrook

Dxlab/dxkeeper has nice complete functionality for this, where you can create different QTH profiles (call, grid, county, qsl address, etc) and then assign qth profile to QSOs. So everything is in a single log.  Supports corresponding lotw/eqsl profiles, and paper qsling, and the award reporting (e.g. which profiles to count for dxcc, was, etc).

This type of scenario isnt just for trips..  Same for a move where home qth changes.

Dont have link handy at moment but there's a specific section in the docs.

73
-david
KJ4IZW

On Jul 30, 2017 07:21, "Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

For QRZ.com you can create a new log. In his case it would have been easier to create a log as operating as a /P. He could however create a new log with the date/times of his activation. When you set up a new log you can put in a new grid location.

What would have been the best thing to do?

Bryon, W7RIV

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 5:47 PM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Bryon

Not sure what you are doing with your logging from a different QTH
Are you using W7RIV/P
Just curious how to enter the contact
TU
Barry
VB7150

boat.anchor@...

Bryon
No easy answer but Steve probably covered it as well as anyone can.
Also watch to see if Rick N7WE pipes in with how he did it from a thousand locns.
regards es TU
Barry