.....this is just one of the many reasons I enjoy reading the posts on the reflector ...so much good info out there

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, July 21, 2017 8:04 PM, "'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jeff,

No can do.  Overkill.
My vertical is only rated to withstand 2G.
I like the bucket idea but I have made a fair amount of /MM lately so I'm good.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, July 21, 2017 12:55 PM, "Jerry Heien n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

No Jeff ...  Works best when attached to a NASA 20G centrifuge

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Jul 2017, at 12:33, "JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jerry ..is it true that when working with a tilted vertical it is best mounted on rotator ? ...inquiring minds want to know.

 sorry i couldn't resist ... hi hi

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.
!

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:28 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

... and if you want to work /mm  stations put antenna is a barrel of water !

On Jul 20, 2017 4:23 PM, "'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Barry,

I asked him.  I had made several contacts there in the weeks before including him (VK3BM).  The mornings we talked with his beam oriented toward Europe and I also was able to work Reunion Island at the same time. Later on he said that he swung it around and came across the Pacific. I googled his QTH and immediately understood why we had the QSO.  The beam antenna on his tower was bigger than his house.

I was curious as to why I got him both times that is why I asked.   I did the same thing with a station near Adeleide too.

When the prop is in, it is in even for qrp stations.  Sure do miss those days though.  Haven't had contact with the Aussie's in quite a while now.

Jerry I tried to rotate the vertical but nothing changed???????  Maybe I should mount it upside down but then I would have to operate prq. Ya had to go there didn't ya.

73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:32 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Rotate the vertical, of course !

Jerry  N9AVY

Has anybody had any luck finding the  " NASA 20G centrifuge" on e-Bay ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.
!

[...]

Jerry ...my TA33 has only been up for about 2 years on a 40' tower ... most it has been exposed to so far has been 60mph winds with no problems .... this has been a great antenna !

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Friday, July 21, 2017 8:23 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jeff:

My TA-33 survived 95 mph winds that ripped it off 80 tower back in 80's. Tower never moved.

Jerry  n9avy

Has anybody had any luck finding the  " NASA 20G centrifuge" on e-Bay ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.
!

[...]

Got my TA-33 back in 1978 and it was used (3rd , maybe 4th hand).  Whoever had it last had left it laying on ground with trap drain holes looking at sky.  Water got into traps and Northern Winter turned it to ice which cracked plastic coil forms in traps.   Disassembled traps carefully and got to coil forms that were cracked.  Heated up traps the metal part with a torch and quickly tapped forms back together with small hammer.  Put TA-33 back up and it was an excellent performer for many years from 4 or 5 QTHs.

It's been said that this was the best antenna "old man Mosely'  ever designed which I tend to agree with.   It's currently in storage  in garage.  Have intentions to use it again - someday. BTW, on 10m the SWR was pretty much flat from 28.300  up to 28.900.

Jerry  n9avy

Jerry ...my TA33 has only been up for about 2 years on a 40' tower ... most it has been exposed to so far has been 60mph winds with no problems .... this has been a great antenna !

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

Has anybody had any luck finding the  " NASA 20G centrifuge" on e-Bay ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.
!

[...]

Gotta agree with u Jerry on best antenna by Mosley  ...... I researched a lot b4 purchasing the TA33 and it has not disappointed ... I know it is designed for 10M 15M 20M but I have been able to load it up from 40M to 10M including 17M and 30M with my MFJ-993B auto tuner   .... I just finished working Lewis K4ARE and Rene HP1DCP on 30M
JEFF WALSHW3WMU#1673BUBBAWOODWORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERSSTURGIS, MS.

  Got my TA-33 back in 1978 and it was used (3rd , maybe 4th hand).  Whoever had it last had left it laying on ground with trap drain holes looking at sky.  Water got into traps and Northern Winter turned it to ice which cracked plastic coil forms in traps.   Disassembled traps carefully and got to coil forms that were cracked.  Heated up traps the metal part with a torch and quickly tapped forms back together with small hammer.  Put TA-33 back up and it was an excellent performer for many years from 4 or 5 QTHs.  It's been said that this was the best antenna "old man Mosely'  ever designed which I tend to agree with.   It's currently in storage  in garage.  Have intentions to use it again - someday. BTW, on 10m the SWR was pretty much flat from 28.300  up to 28.900.   Jerry  n9avy

  Jerry ...my TA33 has only been up for about 2 years on a 40' tower ... most it has been exposed to so far has been 60mph winds with no problems .... this has been a great antenna !  JEFF WALSHW3WMU#1673BUBBAWOODWORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERSSTURGIS, MS.