Topics

Grids

W7RIV

I'll look some of these up and see what I can do. I've had intentions to do this, but hasn't happened. I'm fixing my Jeep (I broke an axle 4-wheeling recently) and I'm wanting to take it out and do some mobile operations. I'm happy to create a Google sheet and get these added. Southern Utah is 100+ right now and approaching 100 in Northern Utah so it might be more like late august (maybe APE) or into September.

Anyone else needing grids in Utah let me know, and even if they are grids near the borders of Utah especially Northern Utah.

Bryon, W7RIV

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 5:49 PM, w3hf@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Bryon -

You asked Jerry (not me), but I'll answer too.

DM38, DM39, and DM47.

Steve:

Only one out of that group I worked was K4S  from FL Shark's Tooth Festival  in April 2013 ... close, but no cigar !

Back to S7P...

Thanks

Jerry

Keep in mind that this is a QRZ product  and many, many listings have wrong grid tied to call sign. Don't believe it when you see a station in OR  with a grid  for TX .

Just sayin'

Jerry  N9AVY

Here's a link to a grid square locator that I find very handy.  You can search by call, grid square (4 or 6 digit),  or address, city and state, or zip code.  Pops up a map showing the location with a very handy zoom in, zoom out feature.

Love  YMPV  acronym !

Jerry n9avy

[...]

ljl2002@att.net

Rick,

I've used this program to locate /P's when they don't announce their grid during the QSO.
Very helpful.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 9:06 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Here's a link to a grid square locator that I find very handy.  You can search by call, grid square (4 or 6 digit),  or address, city and state, or zip code.  Pops up a map showing the location with a very handy zoom in, zoom out feature.

ljl2002@att.net

Jerry,

If your freezer was in Antarctica all you would have had to do is wait and a giant piece the size of Delaware would have broken off.
That would have shortened your wait time.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 10:21 PM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Bryon-

I still need DM 39, DM47, and DM 48 in UT.  Are you planning some portable activations?  I hope, hope, hope!

Here's a link to a grid square locator that I find very handy.  You can search by call, grid square (4 or 6 digit),  or address, city and state, or zip code.  Pops up a map showing the location with a very handy zoom in, zoom out feature.

Just did a bit of research on QRZ ...

The only Wisconsin grid I need is EN65 and there are seemingly 9 page of hams in EN65  or so it would seem.

Scanning through the 9 pages I found hams using EN65  who had addresses in CO, KY, IA, TX and MN (Minneapolis).

It would appear that EN65 is also in MI as well as WI.  The most often seen towns are: Marinette, Menominee, Peshtigo, Crivitz and a bunch of smaller towns.  So, if one is seriously  hunting for this grid , those 4 towns would be likely targets.

One can use the "look up grid " feature on QRZ to find other towns & grids.  Some probably already know this, but others may not.

Jerry  N9AVY

Rick - N7WE

Bryon-

I still need DM 39, DM47, and DM 48 in UT.  Are you planning some portable activations?  I hope, hope, hope!

DM58, DM48, DM47,DM39, DM38  AND THEY ARE PROBABLY ALL DESERT AND OTHER UNOCCUPIED LANDS... MAYBE GOV'T LAND WHERE NO ONE IS ALLOWED.

Oops, excuse the caps , left caps lock on.

Jerry   n9avy