http://propnet.org/catch3.php?band=HY&last=4&call=&center=US
The band is a little open now. 22:30 UTC

73 Art Jackson KA5DWI Arizona
#2518 10X#40849

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Marty — I have had a few contacts on PSK31 but not in the SO76 this time.  I have heard several signals
during the day but none of them have been 10-10 members so I just keep tuning.  Occasionally I have called
CQ 10-10 but don’t get any responses.  We just have to keep plugging away.

And, YES, I miss those days as well.  Wish they would come back !!!

Dan Morris   KZ3T  10-10# 41015

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 6, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Marty martygrove@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Just curious if anyone is or will be attempting the 10-10 Spirit of 76
QSO party?  http://www.ten-ten.org/Forms/Spirit.pdf

I listened to 10 meters for a bit yesterday late in the day and heard
stations rolling in and out as the propagation ebbed and flowed. But
the band wasn't consistent enough to make even one QSO. I sure do miss
pass summer days when I could tune up/down the 10 meter band and hear
all kinds of stations from way off places.

This QSO party covers several modes, including PSK31. I was curious if
anyone has had any success working any mode yet?

Marty - KJ4LQX

Marty Grove

How in the  *!@&$@  did I not ever run across PropNET before???

Thanks Art for the tip.  I wonder how they get their data (is it from spotting clusters)?  I'll need to look that up.  I typically look at sites like WSPR to see if their any band openings... I'll be adding PropNET to my arsenal now.

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/06/2017 06:37 PM, ka5dwi@... [070] wrote:

Hi Marty,

I have been seeing a few CQs out here in Arizona on my 10 Meter PropNET operation (28.1188 MHz).
Like you said, by the time I see them and look for them, they have been gone.

The sun has been a bit of a pill this week. Solar winds have been pretty disturbed.
Be patient. I think by the weekend it will improve or at least a few more on.

I hope to get on a little tomorrow and Saturday myself. Check PropNET to see real-time reports.

#2518 10X#40849

K7DWI Art

HI Marty,
PropNET is just an adhoc group of Hams that have been doing real time propagation reporting for over 15 years. It once used AX.25 on 6 Meters and in 2004 got smarter, switched to PSK31, developed software, used LiveX to warehouse sent and received formatted packets and make real time reporting maps. In 2010, the ability to report on captures of non-PropNET PSK31 was added.

They are not affiliated with any other groups, but I would put their reporting as good as and better that all of the others. It is highly accurate and has very minimal errors.

On 10 Meters, you will find no less than 10 active PropNET stations during the Es season, usually many more.
We usually run no more than 10 watts, most less (I run 5) and besides our timed formatted packets (call, 6 character grid square, PHG code) we also have our Robots turned on.  It's a good way to find out if you are getting out.
You can find us on any band, but the most popular are 10, 30 and 6 Meters.  FCC rules only allow us to operate near PSK31 activity on those 3 bands. On 10 Meters we operate at 28.1188 MHz +1500 Hz.

I have been active with them off and on since 2004.  You will find a number of research papers and Blog posts I have written about 10-Meter propagation linked on the website. They are all mathematical/statistical based. I am a retired Banker and Math educator. I like to dazzle and baffle everyone with charts.

They are always looking for participants. www.propnet.org

73 Art KA5DWI/7 #2518

ljl2002@att.net

Marty,

I did the same thing with WSPR.  I hadn't heard of propnet either so I'm glad it was brought up. Tnx.
Every little edge helps.

73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482