13 Colonies


F.R. Ashley
 

Hi guys,

Anyone needing NC (K2J) for the 13 Colonies Event, any band, shoot me an email for sked.  Bands lousy right now, almost no activity except for 20 meter PSK.  Of course happy to work you any other mode also.

73 Buddy WB4M

1545


On 7/3/2017 9:50 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] wrote:
 
Jon,

Turn it in for sure.
I have actually won the QRP division in two separate QSO Parties with only 1 contact each.
You just don't know how far you can move up the food chain when condx are less than optimal.

GL 73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Monday, July 3, 2017 9:30 AM, "Jonathan Wilson eaglescout.jonathan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
No worries, we have a week to upload the logs after all.

I seem to have been doing the math wrong in my head, thinking I only worked 6 hours....  My best score is based starting at 2200.

Again, many thanks!
Jonathan KC1BOS

On 7/2/2017 9:59 PM, w3hf@... [070] wrote:
 
Sorry, we had company for dinner so I didn't get a chance to look until now.

The issue is that you operated for more than six hours--you started at 2000z and ended at 0411z. That's over eight hours. You need to pick the best six-contiguous hours. You can either do the analysis yourself, or let the checker decide for you. Just upload multiple times selecting different start times: 2000z, 2200z, and 2300z. (Since you had no QSOs during the 2100z hour, that wouldn't be a good starting time.) Then do one final upload with the version that scores the best.

My guess (without doing the math) is that 2200z will be best. You only have one QSO during the 0400z hour, so that's not likely to be worth more than the QSOs you will lose for skipping the 2200z hour. And you only had five QSOs in the 2000z hour--starting at 2000z means you lose the 11 QSOs during the 0300z hour. The "catch" might be the multipliers, as I didn't look at that.

Steve
W3HF





k9wis@...
 

im still looking for k2a and k2h..
Brian K9WIS

---- "'F.R. Ashley' gdadx2@centurylink.net [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Anyone needing NC (K2J) for the 13 Colonies Event, any band, shoot me an
email for sked. Bands lousy right now, almost no activity except for 20
meter PSK. Of course happy to work you any other mode also.

73 Buddy WB4M

1545


On 7/3/2017 9:50 AM, 'ljl2002@att.net' joe_molon@yahoo.com [070] wrote:
Jon,

Turn it in for sure.
I have actually won the QRP division in two separate QSO Parties with
only 1 contact each.
You just don't know how far you can move up the food chain when condx
are less than optimal.

GL 73
Joe
KA1PPV #1482


On Monday, July 3, 2017 9:30 AM, "Jonathan Wilson
eaglescout.jonathan@yahoo.com [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


No worries, we have a week to upload the logs after all.

I seem to have been doing the math wrong in my head, thinking I only
worked 6 hours.... My best score is based starting at 2200.

Again, many thanks!
Jonathan KC1BOS

On 7/2/2017 9:59 PM, w3hf@arrl.net <mailto:w3hf@arrl.net> [070] wrote:
Sorry, we had company for dinner so I didn't get a chance to look
until now.

The issue is that you operated for more than six hours--you started
at 2000z and ended at 0411z. That's over eight hours. You need to
pick the best six-contiguous hours. You can either do the analysis
yourself, or let the checker decide for you. Just upload multiple
times selecting different start times: 2000z, 2200z, and 2300z.
(Since you had no QSOs during the 2100z hour, that wouldn't be a good
starting time.) Then do one final upload with the version that scores
the best.

My guess (without doing the math) is that 2200z will be best. You
only have one QSO during the 0400z hour, so that's not likely to be
worth more than the QSOs you will lose for skipping the 2200z hour.
And you only had five QSOs in the 2000z hour--starting at 2000z means
you lose the 11 QSOs during the 0300z hour. The "catch" might be the
multipliers, as I didn't look at that.

Steve
W3HF



Jody Carter
 

k2a was on 14.337 SSB, but just took a supper break.



From: "k9wis@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [070] 13 Colonies

 
im still looking for k2a and k2h..
Brian K9WIS

---- "'F.R. Ashley' gdadx2@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone needing NC (K2J) for the 13 Colonies Event, any band, shoot me an
> email for sked. Bands lousy right now, almost no activity except for 20
> meter PSK. Of course happy to work you any other mode also.
>
> 73 Buddy WB4M
>
> 1545
>
>
> On 7/3/2017 9:50 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] wrote:
> > Jon,
> >
> > Turn it in for sure.
> > I have actually won the QRP division in two separate QSO Parties with
> > only 1 contact each.
> > You just don't know how far you can move up the food chain when condx
> > are less than optimal.
> >
> > GL 73
> > Joe
> > KA1PPV #1482
> >
> >
> > On Monday, July 3, 2017 9:30 AM, "Jonathan Wilson
> > eaglescout.jonathan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > No worries, we have a week to upload the logs after all.
> >
> > I seem to have been doing the math wrong in my head, thinking I only
> > worked 6 hours.... My best score is based starting at 2200.
> >
> > Again, many thanks!
> > Jonathan KC1BOS
> >
> > On 7/2/2017 9:59 PM, w3hf@... [070] wrote:
> >> Sorry, we had company for dinner so I didn't get a chance to look
> >> until now.
> >>
> >> The issue is that you operated for more than six hours--you started
> >> at 2000z and ended at 0411z. That's over eight hours. You need to
> >> pick the best six-contiguous hours. You can either do the analysis
> >> yourself, or let the checker decide for you. Just upload multiple
> >> times selecting different start times: 2000z, 2200z, and 2300z.
> >> (Since you had no QSOs during the 2100z hour, that wouldn't be a good
> >> starting time.) Then do one final upload with the version that scores
> >> the best.
> >>
> >> My guess (without doing the math) is that 2200z will be best. You
> >> only have one QSO during the 0400z hour, so that's not likely to be
> >> worth more than the QSOs you will lose for skipping the 2200z hour.
> >> And you only had five QSOs in the 2000z hour--starting at 2000z means
> >> you lose the 11 QSOs during the 0300z hour. The "catch" might be the
> >> multipliers, as I didn't look at that.
> >>
> >> Steve
> >> W3HF
> >
> >
> >
> >
>




Jody Carter
 

K2A is on SSB, 14.195.


k9wis@...
 

k2h is on 20 psk31...that was the last colony station I needed..I heard others working th gb13col station but no joy here..

Brian K9WIS

---- "jodycarter@writeme.com [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

K2A is on SSB, 14.195.


Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF
 

Congrats. Still have 4 to go. 

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2017, at 21:28, k9wis@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

k2h is on 20 psk31...that was the last colony station I needed..I heard others working th gb13col station but no joy here..

Brian K9WIS

---- "jodycarter@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> K2A is on SSB, 14.195.


Joe Cook
 

That's the last one i need also.  
Very elusive creature , this K2H....

On Jul 3, 2017 8:28 PM, "k9wis@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

k2h is on 20 psk31...that was the last colony station I needed..I heard others working th gb13col station but no joy here..

Brian K9WIS

---- "jodycarter@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> K2A is on SSB, 14.195.



Marty Grove
 

I finally got 'em all last night.  I managed all the 13 colonies (K2 A thru M) over the past couple days then went after the bonus stations.  Got WM3PEN yesterday and later in the evening got GB13COL.  Worked them all SSB.  By far and away GB13COL was the toughest.  Very difficult to hear him; had to wait through the propagation dips to finally make the contact.  Also, he's working split (5 up) all the time, which 'should' make it easier to hear him during the pileups, but many people didn't realize he was split and replied on his xmit frequency.  Then there would be a half-dozen or so people who would jump on his xmit freq and constantly remind everyone that GB13COL was working split.  Between the people replying with their call signs and then the people who would replied about the station working split, any chance to actually hear if GB13COL was replying to 'my' call was almost always drowned out.  

Last night I got just enough of a break to finally get through.  This is my first 13 Colonies event where I worked all thirteen colonies and the bonus stations.  Whew!

Marty - KJ4LQX


On 07/03/2017 10:58 PM, 'J.T.' kg5krz@... [070] wrote:
 
That's the last one i need also.  
Very elusive creature , this K2H....

On Jul 3, 2017 8:28 PM, "k9wis@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

k2h is on 20 psk31...that was the last colony station I needed..I heard others working th gb13col station but no joy here..

Brian K9WIS

---- "jodycarter@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> K2A is on SSB, 14.195.




Rick - N7WE
 

I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  


JEFF WALSH
 

GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  



Peter Hiltz
 

Got him!  Thanks.

73,  

Pete
WV3S

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 

GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater


JEFF WALSH
 

Pete .... I worked him 2 or 3 times when nobody was coming back letting him know he was making the trip across the pond ....he still is cq'n
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:45 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Got him!  Thanks.

73,  

Pete
WV3S

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater



Peter Hiltz
 

I forgot to write the freq so I might need to work him again.  :)

Pete

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 

Pete .... I worked him 2 or 3 times when nobody was coming back letting him know he was making the trip across the pond ....he still is cq'n
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:45 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Got him!  Thanks.

73,  

Pete
WV3S

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater


ljl2002@att.net
 

Rick,
I worked K2E last night on 40m (7072) at 01:44.  Good sig into CT.
Tried to get K2M on 40m but prop was not my friend.  I'll try again later.
I have seen a weak sig from GB13COL but no dice there either.
Haven't seen NJ or SC yet.

GL
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:59 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I forgot to write the freq so I might need to work him again.  :)

Pete

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
Pete .... I worked him 2 or 3 times when nobody was coming back letting him know he was making the trip across the pond ....he still is cq'n
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:45 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Got him!  Thanks.

73,  

Pete
WV3S

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater



Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF
 

I chased K2I all evening. They went QRT early it seems because the spots stopped. My mission today is find the last or "lost" colony. Lol

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2017, at 08:57, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

Rick,
I worked K2E last night on 40m (7072) at 01:44.  Good sig into CT.
Tried to get K2M on 40m but prop was not my friend.  I'll try again later.
I have seen a weak sig from GB13COL but no dice there either.
Haven't seen NJ or SC yet.

GL
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:59 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I forgot to write the freq so I might need to work him again.  :)

Pete

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
Pete .... I worked him 2 or 3 times when nobody was coming back letting him know he was making the trip across the pond ....he still is cq'n
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:45 PM, "Peter Hiltz pmhiltz@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Got him!  Thanks.

73,  

Pete
WV3S

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
GB13COL cq'n on 20m now at 02.38 zulu
 
JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:24 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
I'm trying to work all 13 PSK only and I still need K2E - DE, K2I - NJ, and K2L - SC....and time is running out. Using DM780 with the alarm set for those 3 and never had a hit all day yesterday.  Heard them CW, but nothing PSK.  Monitored 40m early, then 20m most of the day, and back to 40m about 2 hrs after sundown. Has anyone worked them PSK?  If so, sure would appreciate a "where and when" so I have some ideas where to look. 

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater





--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater



Rick - N7WE
 

Thanks Steve and Joe.  I had no joy yesterday.  Am continuing to try today...but it is all done by midnight EDT tonight.  Not too promising from here.  Looks like heavy thunderstorms and lightning will shut me down again this afternoon and early evening.  Oh well, that is what happens this time of year in central Florida.  I'm just staying home and sweating with the oldies this summer.  Wait a minute....drat!......I am one of those oldies!

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


ljl2002@att.net
 

Rick,
I'm still holding out for K2M in PA.  I still don't have my home State of CT.  He has only been on 20m and we are too close to work right now.  He was running PSK63 but it was extremely faint.  I'm hoping that he jumps down on 40m like some have in the evening.  K2G has really been cranking them out.  I'll bet they come in with the most Q's.
There's still time so hang in there.
GL
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Thursday, July 6, 2017 11:22 AM, "n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Thanks Steve and Joe.  I had no joy yesterday.  Am continuing to try today...but it is all done by midnight EDT tonight.  Not too promising from here.  Looks like heavy thunderstorms and lightning will shut me down again this afternoon and early evening.  Oh well, that is what happens this time of year in central Florida.  I'm just staying home and sweating with the oldies this summer.  Wait a minute....drat!......I am one of those oldies!

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602