Its was fun when I could get on...

k9wis@...

I got few hours in for this contest..it was fun..but I do need a decent logging program for it.
I used HRD and logged all my contacts with it, but not sure what the contest scoring program will require when I submit..I pretty much copied the call in the call field but the entire exchange, 'report name number' is in the RCVD exchange field. Do I need to massage my log to seperate the exchange to seperate fields to score properly..I dont want guys to get gipped out of thier bonus points.

I suspect for the next 365 days I'll be working on a logging program for this contest, or at least trying to make a N1mm contest file or sweet talking N3FJP into making one...hi hi..

Had fun...
Brian K9WIS PODXS #970

Dan Morris - KZ3T

I also had fun and wasn’t on the air as much as I would have liked but did okay for the times I was on.

I did noticed that the scorer did not allow AD9H #2530 as a valid 070# and may be because he was not in the
database at the time it was downloaded.  So, I’m assuming that will be corrected and the appropriate points added to my score.

Thanks everyone for all the contacts during the contest.  I thoroughly enjoyed it even though the bands could
have been better.  I had one guy from GA who must have been using a lot of power as when he come on, he completely wiped out my waterfall and I’m in NC.  He was NOT an 070 member!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

On May 28, 2017, at 8:16 PM, k9wis@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got few hours in for this contest..it was fun..but I do need a decent logging program for it.
I used HRD and logged all my contacts with it, but not sure what the contest scoring program will require when I submit..I pretty much copied the call in the call field but the entire exchange, 'report name number' is in the RCVD exchange field. Do I need to massage my log to seperate the exchange to seperate fields to score properly..I dont want guys to get gipped out of thier bonus points.

I suspect for the next 365 days I'll be working on a logging program for this contest, or at least trying to make a N1mm contest file or sweet talking N3FJP into making one...hi hi..

Had fun...
Brian K9WIS PODXS #970

Brian,

I would recommend the fldigi program. It has the ability to switch to contest mode. Then all you need to do is click on the exchange and it will fill in the srx that is required.

Hope this helps.
73 de Keith n9vel 0771

Sent from my iPad

On May 28, 2017, at 8:16 PM, k9wis@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I got few hours in for this contest..it was fun..but I do need a decent logging program for it.
I used HRD and logged all my contacts with it, but not sure what the contest scoring program will require when I submit..I pretty much copied the call in the call field but the entire exchange, 'report name number' is in the RCVD exchange field. Do I need to massage my log to seperate the exchange to seperate fields to score properly..I dont want guys to get gipped out of thier bonus points.

I suspect for the next 365 days I'll be working on a logging program for this contest, or at least trying to make a N1mm contest file or sweet talking N3FJP into making one...hi hi..

Had fun...
Brian K9WIS PODXS #970

k9wis@...

thanks for the heads up Keith..i just need to know how the parse the exchange for the adi file for now..time to sit back and enjoy the warm weather for a few days..
Brian K9WIS

On May 28, 2017, at 8:16 PM, k9wis@twc.com<mailto:k9wis@twc.com> [070] <070@yahoogroups.com<mailto:070@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

I got few hours in for this contest..it was fun..but I do need a decent logging program for it.
I used HRD and logged all my contacts with it, but not sure what the contest scoring program will require when I submit..I pretty much copied the call in the call field but the entire exchange, 'report name number' is in the RCVD exchange field. Do I need to massage my log to seperate the exchange to seperate fields to score properly..I dont want guys to get gipped out of thier bonus points.

I suspect for the next 365 days I'll be working on a logging program for this contest, or at least trying to make a N1mm contest file or sweet talking N3FJP into making one...hi hi..

Had fun...
Brian K9WIS PODXS #970

David Westbrook

It's best if the call goes in the call field, name in name field, report in the RST/report field, and the 070# in the contest exchange (or comments) field.   The scorer looks for the first number in the contest received exchange field (ADIF SRX or SRX_STRING), or in the COMMENT or NOTES fields if the contest exchange isn't used.

==> If in doubt with the scorer, just upload!  The report will show what's right/wrong, and you can re-upload as many times as needed (it just completely replaces the prior upload).  And it makes it much easier for support (contests@... ; currently David K9DWR is "behind the curtain") because your log is already on the server, and we can easily review the report and the original ADIF upload.

Lots of HRD users on here, they can help with the specific fields (i know HRD has them).

Personally, I use and recommend the DXLab Suite.  WinWarbler is the digital component of it, and supports a contest mode with a checkbox, and provides contest sent/received exchange fields, and has basic contest-dup support.

One of the driving reasons I started the scorer was so that contest-specific configurations in individual programs would not be necessary, and that not even "contest loggers" would be needed (though they still do provided advanced functionality).  Where contest Q's can be logged normally with same "every day" software, with the appropriate info in the respective fields, and the logger exporting to the standard ADIF, and the [centralized] scorer does the rest.   No claimed-scores, no contest-specific cabrillo formats, no hand-editing of files, just [your logger]->exportToADIF->upload and instant scoring report; specifically to encourage more casual or inexperienced contest participation, and more logs overall.   Of course, as the project evolved that was easier said than done :) but just mentioning that reasoning as part of my philosophy and the history behind the scorer and endorsement checker.

73!
--david
KJ4IZW

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:16 PM, k9wis@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Your are correct!  I had pulled the membership list on friday to apply to the TDW scorer settings; And just now pulled it again to pick up the new members from the contest period, and I automatically rescored all the uploaded logs so the points have been applied.
Looks like there are 3 more calls in the membership application queue from today, so I'll rescore again when those make it through.

73!
--david
KJ4IZW