Intentional Interference on 40m


Rick - N7WE
 

00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602



Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Rick - I just saw him transmit right after KC9WPS transmitted and was signing off.  Not sure who he was talking
to but then I saw the station come up and gave a call if KI4PAQ which is a valid call near my QTH … I thought that
was pretty odd of what he was stating!!!

I’m trying to get my 10 mar contact for today!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065






On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:42 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602





Rick - N7WE
 

Dan -
Did you get a QSO?  I'm standing by on 40m and looking for you if you still need a contact.

Rick - N7WE


Steve W3HF
 

Sounds like someone needs to learn the difference between a VOLUNTARY band plan (http://www.arrl.org/band-plan) and FCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations).

Steve
W3HF 
 
 
On 03/09/17, n7we1980@... [070]<070@...> wrote:
 


00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602





Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Yea, whoever it is just tried to break up a QSO I just had with KF5FNP and was trying to block both of us but we managed to get the QSO in okay.

Dan Morris  KZ3T





On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:59 PM, Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070] <070@...> wrote:


Sounds like someone needs to learn the difference between a VOLUNTARY band plan (http://www.arrl.org/band-plan) and FCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations).

Steve
W3HF 
 
 
On 03/09/17, n7we1980@... [070]<070@...> wrote:
 


00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602







Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Rick - I tried to answer you but I think he blocked us

Dan Morris  KZ3T





On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:52 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Dan -
Did you get a QSO?  I'm standing by on 40m and looking for you if you still need a contact.

Rick - N7WE



Jerry N9AVY
 

RTTY/Data allowed from 7000  to 7100  Mhz. per  FCC 97:305

Someone doesn't know the rules.

Jerry  N9AVY





From: "Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Intentional Interference on 40m

 
Sounds like someone needs to learn the difference between a VOLUNTARY band plan (http://www.arrl.org/band-plan) and FCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations).

Steve
W3HF 
 
 
On 03/09/17, n7we1980@... [070]<070@...> wrote:
 


00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602






Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Yep, I think so.  Just some plain ole interference.  Guess he has got nothing better to do!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T





On Mar 9, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:


RTTY/Data allowed from 7000  to 7100  Mhz. per  FCC 97:305

Someone doesn't know the rules.

Jerry  N9AVY





From: "Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@... 
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Intentional Interference on 40m

 
Sounds like someone needs to learn the difference between a VOLUNTARY band plan (http://www.arrl.org/band-plan) and FCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations).

Steve
W3HF 
 
 
On 03/09/17, n7we1980@... [070]<070@...> wrote:
 


00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602








Rick - N7WE
 

OK Don-  Saw you got your 365 so that is good. 

Yes Steve....he also hasn't grasp the rules regarding intentional interference and failure to ID. 

Definitely looks to be domestic from signal strength, but he also worked over a couple of Cuban stations while I was monitoring.

Go figure.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

now QRT


Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Sorry, I tried calling you but he blocked us both I guess but I did get my
QSO for today.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T





On Mar 9, 2017, at 8:13 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

OK Don-  Saw you got your 365 so that is good.  

Yes Steve....he also hasn't grasp the rules regarding intentional interference and failure to ID.  

Definitely looks to be domestic from signal strength, but he also worked over a couple of Cuban stations while I was monitoring.

Go figure.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

now QRT



Jerry N9AVY
 

Just another sociopath with a license to annoy others.   There should be a mental stability test as a part of all amateur tests.


Jerry  N9AVY



From: "Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070 List Service 070 List Service <070@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Intentional Interference on 40m

 
Yep, I think so.  Just some plain ole interference.  Guess he has got nothing better to do!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T





On Mar 9, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:


RTTY/Data allowed from 7000  to 7100  Mhz. per  FCC 97:305

Someone doesn't know the rules.

Jerry  N9AVY





From: "Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@... 
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Intentional Interference on 40m

 
Sounds like someone needs to learn the difference between a VOLUNTARY band plan (http://www.arrl.org/band-plan) and FCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations).

Steve
W3HF 
 
 
On 03/09/17, n7we1980@... [070]<070@...> wrote:
 


00:35 UTC 3/10/2017.  I'm seeing a station repeatedly intentionally interfere with stations transmitting PSK31 between 7.070 and 7.072.  He transmits:

7.Ø8Ø-7.125 RTTY/Data
You are operating out of data band!!
I will be sending a repo.  into ARRL Bureu
-
right on top of stations in QSOs and stations calling CQ.  He FAILS to identify.  With a vertical, I have no way of getting an azimuth on him.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602