From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 05:25
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] Valentine Sprint

Well now....that was interesting!

Got on at 00:00.  I thought prop was pretty poor.  And there didn't seem to be a whole lot of players.  Only managed one YL - Thanks Mary KC4TIE!  Worked several 070 regulars on 40.  When they ran out switched to 80.  Worked the same group down there.  Tried CQ on 160 - nothing.  About 2 1/2 hours in to my 6 hour block I lost interest and told myself "maybe next time."

Maybe it was prop, maybe it was because it was mid-week, maybe it was poor choosing of my start time.  But there sure didn't seem to be much action.  All in all, not the most fun I've had in one of our contests.

Hope your experience was great and that you worked a bunch and had a ball.

Family issues overcame the ability to operate last evening.  Missed this one.

Happy Anniversary Paula, it is the 22nd for the xyl and I, 2/14/95.

Sorry guys,

73
Jim, K5SP

On 2/14/2017 8:53 AM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] wrote:

Well guys, sorry not to give you another YL – I was out last night celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary Zulu Time. The love of my life and I were married on Valentine’s Day 1994. That is all that was on my mind – I completely spaced the Valentine Sprint, which I usually love to do, being a YL “bonus” station.

Paula K7PAX

Got on at 00:00.  I thought prop was pretty poor.  And there didn't seem to be a whole lot of players.  Only managed one YL - Thanks Mary KC4TIE!  Worked several 070 regulars on 40.  When they ran out switched to 80.  Worked the same group down there.  Tried CQ on 160 - nothing.  About 2 1/2 hours in to my 6 hour block I lost interest and told myself "maybe next time."

Maybe it was prop, maybe it was because it was mid-week, maybe it was poor choosing of my start time.  But there sure didn't seem to be much action.  All in all, not the most fun I've had in one of our contests.

Hope your experience was great and that you worked a bunch and had a ball.

Congrats on the 23rd Paula!  Way to go!  Keep it up!

Congrats Jim!  Wishing you many more!

David Blankenburg, AK7DB

I tried to work it but the waterfall was completely dead when I was on.  Couldn't buy a contact on any band.

Dave, AK7DB

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Hi there,
Dug my way through nearly 2' of snow to get to the shack.
Played for about an hour made a few 40m and 80m contacts and one on 160.
Spent most of the evening working on endorsement stickers.
Nearly all on the way.
John KE4JB

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM, ak7db@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I tried to work it but the waterfall was completely dead when I was on.  Couldn't buy a contact on any band.

Dave, AK7DB

Paula K7PAX #1739

Happy Anniversary to you too Jim!

Paula