KC9UR Pontoon Portable

Steve W3HF

On 80m now, about 3581.6 actual carrier, and they're lonely.

They're gonna switch to 30m in about half an hour.

Steve W3HF

Stan has just moved to 30m.

On 08/16/16, Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070]<070@...> wrote:

On 80m now, about 3581.6 actual carrier, and they're lonely.

They're gonna switch to 30m in about half an hour.

v32hoosier@...

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

stan W9SMR

On the Air Again!!

As we retired last nite, the wind was whipping and we stripped all the plastic sheets from the pontoon and recovered the boat as best we could, all in the dark. By this morning we had received over 5 inches of rain. We have some limitations in our antenna options, but will be able to return to duty on all bands.

Bob has resumed his 6m at the top of the hour. Bob will then alternate between 20m and 17m.

Stan will alternate between 40m and 15m.

We expect to shutdown at 12:00 noon, 1600 UTC. We have a lot of cleanup and packing to do.

We will entertain any requests to fill in missing bands. Post your desires.

We think there are at least two folks with 8 bands. Unbelievable!!

Get on the air!

73,
Stan
W9SMR

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700
Subject: [070] Re: KC9UR Pontoon Portable

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

Bill Garwood

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

stan W9SMR

Says the guy with 8 bands under his belt!!

Headed to 15m now.

73,
Stan

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

Bill Garwood

No sign of you on 15.  W2DEN booming in when he worked you.  I'll check back in an hour or two as the band will probably shift.

Thanks!

Bill N4GBK

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

stan W9SMR

Worked W2DEN and N5SN on 15m...nothing else heard.

Received this form W2DEN in Nokomis, FL:

K7OC/B 10M beacon is BOOMING in here, want to try 10M?

Will go to 10m and alternate to 30m for a change.
Stan
W9SMR

To: 070@...

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

Paula K7PAX #1739

Stan – I was hoping to work you this morning before I had to leave for work, but alas, didn’t see anything on any band other than 20 meters. I guess I will have to be happy with that. Glad you got several who worked multiple bands. At least I found one APE! Propagation just didn’t bring you out our way at the times I could get on the air. My neighbor to the north, VA7GEM got you, I think.

Paula K7PAX #1739

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,

Bob, KC9UR

stan W9SMR

Worked W2DEN on 10m. No other traces.

Stan going to 15m  alternating with 30m for this last hour.

Bob alternating 20m and 17m after this next to last 6m call. Will do one more 6m call at 12:00

It's been fun, if just a bit too interesting on the WX side. Received 5 1/4 inches of rain last nite

Will pack up after 1600 UTC.
 73,
Stan
W9SMR

To: 070@...
CC: w2den@...; weshort@...

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Happy with my 4 Bands thank you so much for another APE activation.
Hope all is well.
Best wishes
John KE4JB

To: 070@...
CC: w2den@...; weshort@...

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:35 +0000

Looking for you on 15.

Bill N4GBK in NC.

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:41:08 -0700

We've had some fairly strong winds move through the area, and thunderstorms are predicted, starting in half an hour through 10am tomorrow, some of them heavy, so we are going to call it a night.  Hopefully we can get back going again tomorrow morning - see you then.

73,
Bob, KC9UR

boat.anchor@...

Paula
I only barely caught a glimpse of the APES twice for very short periods.
Second time lucky but a very marginal contact made the log.
Good thing we did not need to discuss anything hi.
have a good day
Barry/VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <hamette@...> wrote :

Stan – I was hoping to work you this morning before I had to leave for work, but alas, didn’t see anything on any band other than 20 meters. I guess I will have to be happy with that. Glad you got several who worked multiple bands. At least I found one APE! Propagation just didn’t bring you out our way at the times I could get on the air. My neighbor to the north, VA7GEM got you, I think.

Paula K7PAX #1739

v32hoosier@...

Stan and I would like to thank everyone who worked us.  Your patience, perseverance, and professionalism was amazing.  We hope you had as much fun hunting us as we did working you.  Final results haven't been tabulated, but we know that there were over 200 QSOs, lots of certificate winners, and one or more of you worked us on 8 of the 9 bands that we operated  - astounding!!  We also learned that when in doubt about whether a band is open, call CQ!!  Special thanks go to all the PODXS officers who think up and administer these crazy fun operating events!

73,
   Bob (KC9UR) and Stan (W9SMR/9).

JEFF WALSH

Bob and Stan ....I had a great time chasing you thru the bands .... The 2 of you are  "Living Legends" working thru the weather conditions ... another fantastic APE is in the history books  ...already looking forward to next years .... thanks again  ! ....73

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:33 PM, "v32hoosier@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Stan and I would like to thank everyone who worked us.  Your patience, perseverance, and professionalism was amazing.  We hope you had as much fun hunting us as we did working you.  Final results haven't been tabulated, but we know that there were over 200 QSOs, lots of certificate winners, and one or more of you worked us on 8 of the 9 bands that we operated  - astounding!!  We also learned that when in doubt about whether a band is open, call CQ!!  Special thanks go to all the PODXS officers who think up and administer these crazy fun operating events!

73,
   Bob (KC9UR) and Stan (W9SMR/9).

Matthew King - KK4CPS <mrk.twg@...>

Bob & Stan - you guys did a GREAT job with this APE!

You persevered through trying circumstances and made a bunch of contacts on just about every band there is.

Job QUITE well done, fellas!

Looking forward to more APEs as the month goes on...

73

Matthew King

AK4MK 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director