Getting BOTA (Back on the Air)

richdrexel@...

I have been absent from the radio the past several months. I finally finished my undergrad degree, earning my BS of Computer Science. The final course was my Capstone project and it took up a large amount of my time. I am looking forward to getting back into PSK31 land. I'm really looking forward to landing a decent paying software developer position so I can afford my ham radio hobby!

I look forward to seeing everyone on the air.

Richard Drexel
K4RJD

Matthew King - KK4CPS <mrk.twg@...>

Good job, Richard - congratulations!

73

Matthew King

AK4MK 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM, richdrexel@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I have been absent from the radio the past several months. I finally finished my undergrad degree, earning my BS of Computer Science. The final course was my Capstone project and it took up a large amount of my time. I am looking forward to getting back into PSK31 land. I'm really looking forward to landing a decent paying software developer position so I can afford my ham radio hobby!

I look forward to seeing everyone on the air.

Richard Drexel
K4RJD

Jim K5SP

Rich, congratulations, I have been wondering where you were, missed you on the bands....

You can tell everyone here that I taught you everything you know, when you were a student of mine at NCTC....

Again, congrats on the BSCS.  Now, get to work!

Jim, K5SP

On 7/19/2016 6:56 PM, richdrexel@... [070] wrote:

I have been absent from the radio the past several months. I finally finished my undergrad degree, earning my BS of Computer Science. The final course was my Capstone project and it took up a large amount of my time. I am looking forward to getting back into PSK31 land. I'm really looking forward to landing a decent paying software developer position so I can afford my ham radio hobby!

I look forward to seeing everyone on the air.

Richard Drexel
K4RJD

richdrexel@...

Thank you.

And it is true, I spent my very first semester in Jim Innis' Visual Basic and Python programming courses. I don't think I have touched VB.Net once since then. Python, I use occasionally. I think I spend most of my time using C and Java now. Although, for my final project, I developed a mobile environmental hazardous gas system using an Arduino that connected to my web server via an Android phone. I wrote an app to grab the data using Bluetooth then send that info to a database online. With that data, I created real-time heat maps, allowing visualization of potential hazardous gas problems. Anywho, I could ramble on about that for quite a while. It was a lot of fun!

I'm just glad to be done with everything. Although, I did get yelled at a little tonight when my wife saw that I was looking at Georgia Tech to start on my Masters. LOL

Looking forward to getting back on the air. Hopefully this afternoon sometime.

Richard Drexel
K4RJD