KK4CPS ?

Jerry N9AVY

Got this one today on Eqsl.   Methinks it should be another call sign ????

Jerry  N9AVY

boat.anchor@...

Man O man

So many things to remember to do.

Keep at it Matt

73
Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Got this one today on Eqsl.   Methinks it should be another call sign ????

Jerry  N9AVY

Steve W3HF

Depends. When was the QSO?

It's okay to send QSL cards (or eQSLs or LoTW confirmations or whatever) if the QSO was made before the new callsign was in effect. In fact, anything else would be wrong.

On 07/18/16, Jerry n9avy@... [070]<070@...> wrote:

Got this one today on Eqsl.   Methinks it should be another call sign ????

Jerry  N9AVY

Matthew King - KK4CPS <mrk.twg@...>

Geez.... I thought I'd already changed that. Reject it please, Jerry, if you haven't already...

Barry.... you're right, lots of things to do when a callsign changes!

Steve..... nope, he caught a legitimate problem!

Thanks, y'all,

73

Matthew King

AK4MK 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Got this one today on Eqsl.   Methinks it should be another call sign ????

Jerry  N9AVY

Steve W3HF

Matt -

I don't think you can "change" your callsign for eQSL. You need to set up a new account with the new call, and establish an end date for the old call.

Too late to reject because I already let it go through.  No big deal, but thought you wanted to know that Eqsl wasn't changed to new call.  Probably should have made a checklist of things to change with new call, but that wouldn't be a much fun !   :-)

Jerry

Geez.... I thought I'd already changed that. Reject it please, Jerry, if you haven't already...

Barry.... you're right, lots of things to do when a callsign changes!

Steve..... nope, he caught a legitimate problem!

Thanks, y'all,
73

Matthew King
AK4MK 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Got this one today on Eqsl.   Methinks it should be another call sign ????

Jerry  N9AVY

Dan Morris - KZ3T

That is correct what Steve said.  You do have to create a new account so that you can still QSL those that decide they want one for your old call (and you probably will still get some old ones that want eQSL for the old call) —

So, you will have to set up a new account and put in the start date and you will be good to go.
I had to do that for my WA3RLJ and KZ3T calls as I was and am still getting QSL’s for my old call even though it was back in 1986 when I upgraded!!!  Wow

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

On Jul 19, 2016, at 3:27 PM, w3hf@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Matt -

I don't think you can "change" your callsign for eQSL. You need to set up a new account with the new call, and establish an end date for the old call.

Steve W3HF

Jerry -

You can still go to your archive and reject it, even though you let it through. And I think you can also delete your outgoing response too.

Steve

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Too late to reject because I already let it go through.  No big deal, but thought you wanted to know that Eqsl wasn't changed to new call.  Probably should have made a checklist of things to change with new call, but that wouldn't be a much fun !   :-)

Jerry

Jerry N9AVY

Thanks Steve  ... didn't know that could be done.  It was deleted.

---In 070@..., wrote :

Too late to reject because I already let it go through.  No big deal, but thought you wanted to know that Eqsl wasn't changed to new call.  Probably should have made a checklist of things to change with new call, but that wouldn't be a much fun !   :-)

Jerry

Matthew King - KK4CPS <mrk.twg@...>

Yep, I went to eQSL and created the new account, but I neglected to change the auto-eQSL feature of HRD to the new callsign.  I thought it used the main callsign, but I it actually has a separate credential area where the callsign must be entered.

Thanks to all who replied with advice/procedures to follow.

It's all fixed now, so no more erroneous eQSLs from me.

WOOHOO!!!!