OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

Les Alverson <kd4sfd2@...>

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

John Etling

Les;

I am TOTALLY in your camp. I detest Facebook and all it “stands” for and will never ever have one. Don’t need it. If I want to talk to someone I will call or at minimum, email them. Also am THOROUGHLY in agreement that “forcing” one to go to Facebook for information is a horrible idea. Why is it that everyone, personal or business forces you go to Facebook or Twitter or other so-called social networks to get information or “inside” information or do anything with them???

I strictly state… if I am forced to go to Facebook or other “social network” to communicate with you… then we will not communicate… period.

…I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...

ARES EC - Carroll County, TN

PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

Les Alverson <kd4sfd2@...>

I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.

Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Heres a link Les  Good Luck
John

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.

Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

ljl2002@att.net

John,

Hear Hear!!!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Heres a link Les  Good Luck
John

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.
Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

Robert A Carter (W0QFW)

GB13COL - They still have not activated one at this time according to the FB page.

But here is the only one I can find

WM3PEN - DSTAR - reflector Ref 063 Module B

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

I got WM3PEN the old fashioned way ;)  Only station I need is GB13COL.  Clean sweep otherwise.

Les k4lea 1746

--

John Etling

Well I have picked up 6 of the 13 stations in the 13 colonies including the WM3Pen bonus… GB13COL station was working at the high side of 14.072 around 19:15 hours UTC as saw numerous calls from the NE to him/her but I never got a scratch on the waterfall from him/her.

The Firecracker Sprint, was not a very successful venture. No stability on the bands whatsoever on 20 or 40 since last evening. Getting a good 6 hour block was near impossible. So I shall submit my pitiful log for posterity (showing I at least tried) and statistical reasons and leave it at that.

…I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...

ARES EC - Carroll County, TN

PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

[...]

Anyone looking for K2M PA he is lonely on 3.875 SSB
John KE4JB

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 4:11 PM, 'John Etling' john@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

I feel your pain, my brother.   Firecracker was a fizzle here last night... worked 4 stations and then had company the night rest of night,  Relatives from TX & MN.  They were here all night.

As far a 13 Colonies, I worked a few on PSK  and got the rest of them a little while ago on CW, but then had to go searching for a microphone !  Haven't used SSB in years !

Worst band conditions I've seen in years !

Almost missed 7/3   365 contact ...

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

[...]

Scotty W7PSK

Congrats to those that could play. Unfortunately working retail part time means Holiday weekends Im in.

I just have to think about either Oct or Dec 31 and Ill be a full time ham.

Scotty W7PSK