ic-746 and signalink

Paula K7PAX #1739

Is anyone here using an IC-746 with a signalink USB? I have a cable question – are you using the 8-pin mic cable, or are you using the 8-pin DIN cable?

I had a miserable experience on Field Day with a Microham Microkeyer setup for PSK31. It was way overkill, and we had a lot of issues with the audio devices in Windows.

Signalink is so much easier. I want to get one for the ic-746, but there are two cable choices, and I would like some input on which choice would be the best before I buy.

Thanks!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX

Steve Case <artcase@...>

Paula;

I run an Icom 746pro and signal link and I use the 8 pin din connector all you have to do is make sure you are in the USB D(digital) mode and it works great.

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Paula K7PAX #1739

This is the non-PRO 746 and doesn’t have the USB D mode. My question though, is that there are two cabling options for the 746 – one uses the microphone jack, and the other uses the 8-pin din. I am trying to determine which would be best.

Paula K7PAX

I run an Icom 746pro and signal link and I use the 8 pin din connector all you have to do is make sure you are in the USB D(digital) mode and it works great.

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Jerry N9AVY

Don't use mic jack unless you disconnect mic when operating PSK.

From: "Hamette hamette@... [070]" <070@...>
Date: 6/28/2016 10:33 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: 070@...

Thanks for the offer - I could use the signalink but the 746 (non pro) uses 8-pin din, not 6 pin, so that cable won't work for this rig, but you never know what rigs the club might acquire later . . .

The USB cable is generic and can be easily found, so that won't be a problem.

I recently picked up a signalink for personal use from an SK sale for $35. Would you consider that as a reasonable offer?

Paula K7PAX

> Sent from my mobile device <

On Jun 28, 2016, at 8:07 AM, Rick Scott w7psk@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Paula, I used the 6 pin on my Icom 746pro,  I have the signal link and the cable if you want it. Make an offer.
I dont have the funky USB cable as it fit my Icom 7300 and I use that for PSK and rig now.

Scotty W7PSK

Gene Young <n9mxq@...>

That's XGGCOMMS, I have 2 of his cables.. Never have had an issue.

Gene N9MXQ #2253