ic-746 and signalink

Paula K7PAX #1739

Is anyone here using an IC-746 with a signalink USB? I have a cable question – are you using the 8-pin mic cable, or are you using the 8-pin DIN cable?

I had a miserable experience on Field Day with a Microham Microkeyer setup for PSK31. It was way overkill, and we had a lot of issues with the audio devices in Windows.

Signalink is so much easier. I want to get one for the ic-746, but there are two cable choices, and I would like some input on which choice would be the best before I buy.

Thanks!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX

Steve Case <artcase@...>

Paula;

I run an Icom 746pro and signal link and I use the 8 pin din connector all you have to do is make sure you are in the USB D(digital) mode and it works great.

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Paula K7PAX #1739

This is the non-PRO 746 and doesn’t have the USB D mode. My question though, is that there are two cabling options for the 746 – one uses the microphone jack, and the other uses the 8-pin din. I am trying to determine which would be best.

Paula K7PAX

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 14:47
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] Re: ic-746 and signalink

Paula;

I run an Icom 746pro and signal link and I use the 8 pin din connector all you have to do is make sure you are in the USB D(digital) mode and it works great.

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Jerry N9AVY

Don't use mic jack unless you disconnect mic when operating PSK.

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 5:36 PM
Subject: RE: [070] Re: ic-746 and signalink

This is the non-PRO 746 and doesn’t have the USB D mode. My question though, is that there are two cabling options for the 746 – one uses the microphone jack, and the other uses the 8-pin din. I am trying to determine which would be best.

Paula K7PAX

Paula;
070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...>

west mountain radio carries Rig Blaster ( cost for everything about $250.00)

depends on what rig you use and what cables you need I use ACC-1 on the back of the rigs

I've run a Rig Blaster for 20 years never had a problem

I have 1 for an IC-718 and 1 for IC-746Pro

www.westmountainradio.com

Any help/problems feel free to contact me

Chris N9JCA #797

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it"
On 6/27/16 4:37 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] wrote:

Is anyone here using an IC-746 with a signalink USB? I have a cable question – are you using the 8-pin mic cable, or are you using the 8-pin DIN cable?

I had a miserable experience on Field Day with a Microham Microkeyer setup for PSK31. It was way overkill, and we had a lot of issues with the audio devices in Windows.

Signalink is so much easier. I want to get one for the ic-746, but there are two cable choices, and I would like some input on which choice would be the best before I buy.

Thanks!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX

Gene Young <n9mxq@...>

I've used the rear ACC jacks on my 706MKIIG and 756PROII.. Both with much cheaper XGGCOMMS interfaces without issue. And as stated, if you use the rear ACC, and DON'T have USB-D disconnect the mic for soundcard modes, or what you discuss while transmitting, will go over the air along with your data.

Gene N9MXQ #2253

On 6/27/2016 5:36 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] wrote:

Paula K7PAX

Paula;

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Doc

Hi Paula- i would use the 8 pin for sure!!Had a 746 and now ,756- both use the 8 pin!!T.C. Jerry W8KQ

On 6/27/2016 8:20 PM, Gene Young n9mxq@... [070] wrote:

I've used the rear ACC jacks on my 706MKIIG and 756PROII.. Both with much cheaper XGGCOMMS interfaces without issue. And as stated, if you use the rear ACC, and DON'T have USB-D disconnect the mic for soundcard modes, or what you discuss while transmitting, will go over the air along with your data.

Gene N9MXQ #2253

On 6/27/2016 5:36 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] wrote:

Paula K7PAX

Paula;

070 #872

Steve Case WA7ETE

Doc

8 pin din ,for sure. !!� de w8kq

On 6/27/2016 5:37 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] wrote:
�

Is anyone here using an IC-746 with a signalink USB? I have a cable question � are you using the 8-pin mic cable, or are you using the 8-pin DIN cable?

�

�

�

Thanks!

�

Paula K7PAX #1739

�

�

�

Paula K7PAX

�

Scotty W7PSK

Paula, I used the 6 pin on my Icom 746pro,  I have the signal link and the cable if you want it. Make an offer.
I dont have the funky USB cable as it fit my Icom 7300 and I use that for PSK and rig now.

Scotty W7PSK

Scotty W7PSK

OOPS sorry see now you have teh non-pro.  You can still have the signalink make offer, and you can find cables. Id go din.

My 746pro is also for sale if your interested

Scotty W7PSK

Paula K7PAX #1739

Thanks for the offer - I could use the signalink but the 746 (non pro) uses 8-pin din, not 6 pin, so that cable won't work for this rig, but you never know what rigs the club might acquire later . . .

The USB cable is generic and can be easily found, so that won't be a problem. 

I recently picked up a signalink for personal use from an SK sale for $35. Would you consider that as a reasonable offer?

Paula K7PAX

> Sent from my mobile device <

On Jun 28, 2016, at 8:07 AM, Rick Scott w7psk@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Paula, I used the 6 pin on my Icom 746pro,  I have the signal link and the cable if you want it. Make an offer.
I dont have the funky USB cable as it fit my Icom 7300 and I use that for PSK and rig now.

Scotty W7PSK

Matthew King - KK4CPS <mrk.twg@...>

Paula - here is an eBay ad for a guy in the UK with cables... he ships to the US for free. 

Hopefully/maybe this is what you need. If not, DX Engineering will have it, I'm pretty sure.

Good luck with it!

Matthew King

KK4CPS 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Hamette hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Thanks for the offer - I could use the signalink but the 746 (non pro) uses 8-pin din, not 6 pin, so that cable won't work for this rig, but you never know what rigs the club might acquire later . . .

I recently picked up a signalink for personal use from an SK sale for $35. Would you consider that as a reasonable offer?

Paula K7PAX

Scotty W7PSK

Jim K5SP

Paula make sure the jumpers are properly set in the Signalink for your rig!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/28/2016 10:33 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [070] Re: ic-746 and signalink

Paula K7PAX

Scotty W7PSK

Gene Young <n9mxq@...>

That's XGGCOMMS, I have 2 of his cables.. Never have had an issue.

Gene N9MXQ #2253

On 6/28/2016 10:45 AM, Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070] wrote:

Paula - here is an eBay ad for a guy in the UK with cables... he ships to the US for free. 

Hopefully/maybe this is what you need. If not, DX Engineering will have it, I'm pretty sure.

Good luck with it!

Matthew King

KK4CPS 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Hamette hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Paula K7PAX

Scotty W7PSK