FLDIGI

boat.anchor@...

Been using HRD for 10yrs and trying to get FLDIGI set up.

Is it OK to ask questions here or should I be on a different reflector.

I would like to know how to stretch the waterfall vertically. It only is about one inch high at the bottom of the screen and I would like 2-3 inches.

Also I can adjust my VAC levels to get the waterfall background just starting to show a bit of colour but would like to increase the signal intensity or strength indication so that the big stations are red.

TVM for any help

Barry

David, K9DWR

* boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> [2016-02-26 13:53]:
Been using HRD for 10yrs and trying to get FLDIGI set up.
Is it OK to ask questions here or should I be on a different reflector.
Of course it's ok :-)

I would like to know how to stretch the waterfall vertically. It only is
about one inch high at the bottom of the screen and I would like 2-3 inches.
Config -> waterfall -> FFT Processing -> waterfall height in pixels

Also I can adjust my VAC levels to get the waterfall background just
starting to show a bit of colour but would like to increase the signal
intensity or strength indication so that the big stations are red.
Not sure about the exact settings for the color diffs (never tried).

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Jim K5SP

So how do I make fldg work with rig expert SD.

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

boat.anchor@...

Tvm David
That makes it look more balanced to my eye.
Barry

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

boat.anchor@...

New question
I am QRZ subscriber and have set the look up.
How do I get FLDIGI to display whole name, not just 1st name.
I know. I better put the manual on the ereader for bedtime tonight.
It seems to stick better when I have the program running in front of me.
Barry

boat.anchor@...

Got the vert size working.
Still trying to adjust intensity.
thanks
Barry

---In 070@..., <boat.anchor@...> wrote :

Been using HRD for 10yrs and trying to get FLDIGI set up.

Is it OK to ask questions here or should I be on a different reflector.

I would like to know how to stretch the waterfall vertically. It only is about one inch high at the bottom of the screen and I would like 2-3 inches.

Also I can adjust my VAC levels to get the waterfall background just starting to show a bit of colour but would like to increase the signal intensity or strength indication so that the big stations are red.

TVM for any help

Barry

Paul Butzi <kg7stv@...>

the controls are lower left, two boxes with left and right arrows each, which set what level moves you off black, and what the slope of signal intensity/color change is.

You can also adjust the color scheme in the waterfall configuration panel.

-p KG7STV
73, don’t forget to smile and have fun

---In 070@..., wrote :

Been using HRD for 10yrs and trying to get FLDIGI set up.

Is it OK to ask questions here or should I be on a different reflector.

I would like to know how to stretch the waterfall vertically. It only is about one inch high at the bottom of the screen and I would like 2-3 inches.

Also I can adjust my VAC levels to get the waterfall background just starting to show a bit of colour but would like to increase the signal intensity or strength indication so that the big stations are red.

TVM for any help

Barry

boat.anchor@...

Paul
The lower left controls adjust the intensity of all WF including background. I can adjust it here or using VAC.
I would like the individual tracks to pop. The strong ones should be RED not pale blue against a blue background.
I don't see how to do this on the configure/waterfall/display tab
TVM
Barry

---In 070@..., <boat.anchor@...> wrote :

Been using HRD for 10yrs and trying to get FLDIGI set up.

Is it OK to ask questions here or should I be on a different reflector.

I would like to know how to stretch the waterfall vertically. It only is about one inch high at the bottom of the screen and I would like 2-3 inches.

Also I can adjust my VAC levels to get the waterfall background just starting to show a bit of colour but would like to increase the signal intensity or strength indication so that the big stations are red.

TVM for any help

Barry

Mike Miller <lists@...>

Hi Barry,

The "Upper Signal Level" and the "Signal Range" controls
interact with each other. On my system -10 and 65 gives yellow
traces on a blue background. If I set -29 and 35, I get red
strong traces with a blue and yellow speckled back ground.

You need to play around until you get what you want. There was a
discussion on the win-fldigi group about this not too long ago.
I think the manual was being updated to give a better
description of the set up.

73
Mike kc9doa

mailto:boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...