anyone need 0700Z

Robert Johnstone

ad0qo anyone working on 0700 z this morning?
looking at 7.070.70
Robert 1396

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Wow, I was up at about 0612Z and worked a NM station for that hour but then he faded out as we were signing off.  After that I listened but the band was very, very quiet so I went back to bed.  If I’d have known you were going to be up I probably would have stayed up.  guess I should have sent out a message, huh?   0700Z hour is all I need for the early morning for a Wednesday.  Maybe next time.  It’s just I don’t know when I’m going to be getting up at night!! hihi

Dan Morris   KZ3T   070-1065

On Oct 14, 2015, at 2:50 AM, Robert Johnstone shopr3@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

ad0qo anyone working on 0700 z this morning?
looking at 7.070.70
Robert 1396

Robert Johnstone

I usually recheck e-mails about midnight 0500Z to see if any one plans on being up before running the bands and going to bed. Will be on the road Friday night and setting up for Radio demo for JOTA to aprox 300 WEBLOS Scouts between 1400Z and 21:30Z  (9AMcdt-4:30PMcdt) Saturday. will probably not be back to home and station reset until Sunday  Hope everyone gets a chance to work one of the many world wide Jamboree On The Air scout events this weekend.  GRID HUNTERS we will be operating from Grid EM07vw.  73 hope everyone has a great weekend. Robert AD0QO 1396

Wow, I was up at about 0612Z and worked a NM station for that hour but then he faded out as we were signing off.  After that I listened but the band was very, very quiet so I went back to bed.  If I’d have known you were going to be up I probably would have stayed up.  guess I should have sent out a message, huh?   0700Z hour is all I need for the early morning for a Wednesday.  Maybe next time.  It’s just I don’t know when I’m going to be getting up at night!! hihi

Dan Morris   KZ3T   070-1065

On Oct 14, 2015, at 2:50 AM, Robert Johnstone shopr3@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

ad0qo anyone working on 0700 z this morning?
looking at 7.070.70
Robert 1396

David, K9DWR

* Robert Johnstone shopr3@yahoo.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2015-10-14 16:44]:
Friday night and setting up for Radio demo for JOTA to aprox 300 WEBLOS
Scouts between 1400Z and 21:30Z �(9AMcdt-4:30PMcdt) Saturday. will probably
not be back to home and station reset until Sunday �Hope everyone gets a
chance to work one of the many world wide Jamboree On The Air scout events
this weekend. �GRID HUNTERS we will be operating from Grid EM07vw. �73 hope
everyone has a great weekend. Robert AD0QO 1396
I've run PSK at JOTA and Airfest before. The scouts really take to it. The
computer draws them in like moths to a flame. One thing I've noticed is the
older scouts tend to be more interested in the computer, while the younger ones
like voice.

I definitely recommend getting involved with it if you have an opportunity;
it's fun to see the scouts light up once they realize what's actually happening
as they are talking directly to interesting DX. We got some Japan on 15m last
year; that was a real eye opener. :-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255