DX

Jerry N9AVY

Not much PSK activity ... most DX is reported for upcoming CQ WW  CW contest at end of month.  Think that Antarctic & Chatham Is.  may help fill in missing Hole # for Golf endorsement, if they operate PSK and conditions cooperate.   Please note that there are changes coming to IOTA future which might affect some.
                                              -avy

DP1, ANTARCTICA. It has been reported that Felix, DL5XL, will once again
be active as DP1POL from the German Neumayer Station III (WW Loc. IB59UH)
between November 2015 and February 2016. Activity will be on all HF bands
using mainly CW and possibly some SSB and Digital modes. QSL via DL1ZBO or
LoTW. ADDED Felix does have a FaceBook page at:
                  https://www.facebook.com/dl5xl?fref=ts
Also, Marcus, DL1MH, is expected to be active as DP0GVN from the same
station between December 2015 to February 2017. His activity will be on
the HF bands using mainly SSB. QSL DP0GVN via DL5EBE.

VP2E, ANGUILLA. Operators Jan/DJ8NK (VP2ENK) and Andy/DL9USA (VP2ECC)
will operate from Anguilla (NA-022) between November 9-18th. Activity
will be on all bands using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. They will have 2
stations using K3s and 600 watts. QSL via their home callsigns.

ZL7, CHATHAM ISLANDS. Graham, ZL3MA, will be active as ZL7/ZL3MA from
Chatham Islands (OC-038) between October 20-27th. Activity will be on
CW, PSK and JT65. QSL via ZL3MA.

IOTA NEWS - changes coming up

RSGB NEWS (The future of the Radio Society of Great Britain’s IOTA
Program). Press release dated October 10th [edited]: Islands on the Air
(IOTA) celebrated its 50th anniversary as a premier DX program in July
2014. The last fifty years have seen the program grow to 2,500 active
island chasers and approximately 15,000 more casual participants. It is
perhaps second in scale and scope to the DXCC award; indeed, many would
argue it is even more challenging than that program.
  Last year the Society’s Board identified a number of challenges that
the program faced, not least of which was the need to provide an IT system
that would allow online island credit submission akin to Logbook of the
World (LoTW). Since that time, a small group of IOTA enthusiasts has been
working with the Society to ensure that the IOTA program continues to grow
and play the prominent role that it has done in Amateur Radio DXing and
contest activity for the last fifty years.
  That work has now come to fruition and we are pleased to announce that
a new organization will be formed, to be called the IOTA Foundation. It
will be run by IOTA enthusiasts and will manage the IOTA program in part-
nership with the Society. One major task for the new organization will be
to develop a new online credit system that is due to be completed in 2017.
  Roger Balister, G3KMA, Bob Barden, MD0CCE, Cezar Trifu, VE3LYC and
Johan Willemsen, PA3EXX, are the team who will implement the IT changes
and form the IOTA Foundation, with representation from radio amateurs at
home and abroad....... Heather Parsons, RSGB Communications Manager

Scotty W7PSK

ZL7, Thats my Last Hole needed. Will be looking hard for them

Scotty W7PSK

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:36 AM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

[...]

John Etling

I think I’m liking the new IOTA changes as noted below. It is about time!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

[...]

Rick - N7WE

Anyone seen a trace or even a spot for ZL7/ZL3MA?  I've been looking for him.  He planned to go active 10/20 (which would have been 10/19 on this side of the dateline).

LONP - #231

Scotty W7PSK

I hope I can find in there that's the last 1i need for hole 13 on golf. I'm off Thursday and Friday so hopefully I can find him it would be nice to get that one filled out after almost 4 years

Scotty W7PSK

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...>
Date:Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Subject:[070] Re: DX

Anyone seen a trace or even a spot for ZL7/ZL3MA?  I've been looking for him.  He planned to go active 10/20 (which would have been 10/19 on this side of the dateline).

LONP - #231

Jerry N9AVY

Keep in mind that wx can affect landing on island.

Jerry  n9avy

From:"n7we1980@... [070]" <070@...>
Date:Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:36 PM