From: "Robert Johnstone shopr3@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070 PSK Club <070@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:25 AM
Subject: [070] antennas n stuff

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

John Etling

Indeed – Saw a few chicken feather fluttering by a few minutes after we completed QSO so winds must be drifting this way for SC Kansas!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

missed a t should read read "it worked."

kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

missed a t should read read "it worked."

kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

Steve VA3TPS

I don't see him this hour , but last hour I had to turn my RF gain right down and then took several times to decode...

Steve
VA3TPS # 526

To: 070@...

missed a t should read read "it worked."

kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

John Etling

He was there drifting like a mad-man as I was typing the last post… He has went quiet for the moment – seems to start up when he sees sigs on the air at top of hour. But no chance I can decode him… drifts fast up the band – and with multiple prints of him hard to decide which one to choose to decode.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

To: 070@...

missed a t should read read "it worked."

kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

Robert Johnstone

tried to reply to steves cq but  no joy. oh well the vertical might have worked him better kd0fip 1396

To: 070@...

missed a t should read read "it worked."
kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

Robert Johnstone

he might try 1490 less watts kd0fip 1396 hi hi 73

To: 070@...

missed a t should read read "it worked."
kd0fip 1396 lonp 249

Finally connected with John K3JAE on my low noise horizontal polarized G5RV at 20Watts.  Probably tingled a few chickens off it as the tuner ratteled a few times getting piles of Xsub L and XsubI into the line to fool the 857 into thinking the impedance was ok but I worked. kd0fip 1396

Steve VA3TPS

Thx for trying Robert , I saw you with a good signal earlier with John and then you just disapppeared(sort of like my kids when there are chores to do) hi hi

Steve
VA3TPS 526

To: 070@...
From: 070@...