moving up the list

Robert Johnstone

John looks like you have moved up the list. to no 49 from this morning way to go saw you working your afternoon 1900 so still climbing.  I'm cheering your effort! kd0fip 1396 Robert

John Etling

Yep, now with ALL of Monday done, scratched my way to 46… So look out, I’m scratchin’ and clawing my way to … #20 me hopes...

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

John looks like you have moved up the list. to no 49 from this morning way to go saw you working your afternoon 1900 so still climbing.  I'm cheering your effort! kd0fip 1396 Robert

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

John Etling

OK, 1st hour is in the book – need the next four hours if anyone is available and willing to fight the static… Working 40m right now unless someone has a better offer…

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

John Etling

W7RIV – Byron;

Thanks a ton for that – was rough as conditions are worse tonight on 40 than last evening. Appreciate you staying with me and getting it in the books!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

OK, 1st hour is in the book – need the next four hours if anyone is available and willing to fight the static… Working 40m right now unless someone has a better offer…

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

W7RIV

No problem. Thanks for staying with me.

Yes kd0fip I had to stay on when I saw him call CQ, but I am headed to bed. I turned the radio off so I wouldn't be tempted.

=)

Bryon W7RIV

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 2:26 AM, 'John Etling' john@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

W7RIV – Byron;

Thanks a ton for that – was rough as conditions are worse tonight on 40 than last evening. Appreciate you staying with me and getting it in the books!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

OK, 1st hour is in the book – need the next four hours if anyone is available and willing to fight the static… Working 40m right now unless someone has a better offer…

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

John Etling

KD0FIP;

Somehow we have GOT to get connected. I am hearing stations beyond you, in front of you, but for some reason Kansas seems to be a complete dead spot to me.

I may have heard you thus why I was having a problem decoding Byron for a bit, once the band settled I was finally able to grab him.

Next hour will be tough and I will CQ in the exact same spot I was with Byron if you are there to try. I really want to get you in the log, for your persistence in trying as helping you out (hopefully) for something you are working towards.

Hopefully in 15 minutes, we can get this connected!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

Robert Johnstone

My cheapo software does not want to unscramble your trace for some reason I get bits and pieces of your call-sign and about 5% of your trace seems like a real word.  Think N7WE has you for this hour and the coast should be waking in the next.  I am still cheering you onward and upward.  Do you have 30M we might give it a try tomorrow morning. it is usually very low noise. kd0fip 1396 BTB back to bed

Somehow we have GOT to get connected. I am hearing stations beyond you, in front of you, but for some reason Kansas seems to be a complete dead spot to me.

I may have heard you thus why I was having a problem decoding Byron for a bit, once the band settled I was finally able to grab him.

Next hour will be tough and I will CQ in the exact same spot I was with Byron if you are there to try. I really want to get you in the log, for your persistence in trying as helping you out (hopefully) for something you are working towards.

Hopefully in 15 minutes, we can get this connected!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE
John Etling
070 #1820   LONP #321

Robert Johnstone

My suspicion is that you are in western TN and far enough west to be in my donut hole or on the edge of it.  the map of pskreporter shows the stations that hear me strongly start at about 400 miles radially from my vertical and extend out to British Columbia when my wattage is less than 30Watts to operate inside this hole I have to go to 80M which has been a real victum of the noise gremlins,  When 80M opens later this year we should be able to connect if that is the culprit.  I have almost no Arkansas contacts below 80M. but MS AL GA,FL are fine.  Just saying
kd0fip 1396 73

Somehow we have GOT to get connected. I am hearing stations beyond you, in front of you, but for some reason Kansas seems to be a complete dead spot to me.

I may have heard you thus why I was having a problem decoding Byron for a bit, once the band settled I was finally able to grab him.

Next hour will be tough and I will CQ in the exact same spot I was with Byron if you are there to try. I really want to get you in the log, for your persistence in trying as helping you out (hopefully) for something you are working towards.

Hopefully in 15 minutes, we can get this connected!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE
John Etling
070 #1820   LONP #321

David, K9DWR

* Robert Johnstone shopr3@yahoo.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2015-08-25 09:35]:
My suspicion is that you are in western TN and far enough west to be
in my donut hole or on the edge of it. �the map of pskreporter shows
the stations that hear me strongly start at about 400 miles radially
from my vertical and extend out to British Columbia when my wattage is
less than 30Watts to operate inside this hole I have to go to 80M
which has been a real victum of the noise gremlins, �When 80M opens
later this year we should be able to connect if that is the culprit.
�I have almost no Arkansas contacts below 80M. but MS AL GA,FL are
fine. �Just saying�kd0fip 1396 73�
I am not hearing anything tonight. Hope you fare better with others.
:-(

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

John Etling

You are correct, I am in Western TN, but barely by state charter…

I am literally ½ between Nashville and Memphis by driving distance but favor just a bit towards Nashville via air miles…  just west of the Tennessee River.

Arkansas… I think NO ONE lives there that has Amateur radio… I have not seen an AR station in months, then when I finally do actually work one, even though they say the confirm eQSL/LoTW et al, none ever come through…

I am having difficult time getting into KS most days but occasionally I get a few out of there. It is not a total loss there.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

[...]

Back in September of 2014 I looked at PODXS-070 members by state.  AR had 15 members.

We have members in every state.  But the states with the fewest members were:
Vermont - 2
RI and D of C - 3
AL, DE, ND, and WY - 4

We've a lot of new members since then, so thing may have changed.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  LONP - #231

Robert A Carter (W0QFW)

WoW, trying so hard to help you and help me too, I need the 11am slot :) hehehe, I see CO6CG and WB4MNK talking to you right now on 40m but it's a one sided conversation...  Will keep trying for a bit.

Robert (W0QFW) #2077

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 4:59 AM, 'John Etling' john@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

I briefly saw WB4MNK so never actually worked him. Got CO6CG which is all I needed for the time slot. Let me get out of the “WOW, I am tired” stage and I will be more than happy to assist anyone work their way up the grid…. Be specific of day/time and if the noise/static gods decide to be quiet or at least talk in a low roar I will help anyone. I understand the time and effort (now) it takes to get the hardest hours available.  I’d help with the 11:00 am hour (i.e. 16:00 Central) if I awaken by then and get on in time.

So, in summary, 2 days – 100% success and those days are now closed out as complete.

I am going to find a bed to fall into and not wake up for oh… maybe 15 hours or thereabouts to start this all over again tonight.

Thanks to all who TRIED and those who actually was able to get through the noise to me.

Wednesday is going to be the hardest challenge as I have time slots spread out all over – with 2 hour breaks in between but I am devoted to getting these done if possible.

The fun begins at 02:00 Central time (07:00 UTC) so see all then, assuming something unforeseen does not jump in my way.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

[...]

Gee, one wonders where all the AR stations are then???  Of course that means nothing if one cannot hear them even when they are operating…

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

Back in September of 2014 I looked at PODXS-070 members by state.  AR had 15 members.

We have members in every state.  But the states with the fewest members were:

Vermont - 2
RI and D of C - 3
AL, DE, ND, and WY - 4

We've a lot of new members since then, so thing may have changed.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602  LONP - #231

David, K9DWR

* 'John Etling' john@k3jae.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2015-08-25 06:35]:

So, in summary, 2 days – 100% success and those days are now closed out as complete.
Glad you were successful, keep it up. It's only sleep. :-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com