Field Day Participation

Guys/Gals/Others

I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo reflector. That's great!

If you participated in any way, with your call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's

qth, etc etc, please let me know? If you didn't operate, but participated in the overall logistics, etc ?, Please let me know. I'm thinking that should count also.

This is the head count used for printing the Field Day Atta 'boys.

It's interesting to see the short write up's on participation.

73 de N6MG - 1D - LAX

070-650

LONP #76

070 Club - Director of Public Relations

Jerry N9AVY

I was part of the crew at K9RN... didn't operate . but helped in other ways.

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo reflector. That's great!
If you participated in any way, with your call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's
qth, etc etc, please let me know? If you didn't operate, but participated in the overall logistics, etc ?, Please let me know. I'm thinking that should count also.
This is the head count used for printing the Field Day Atta 'boys.
It's interesting to see the short write up's on participation.
73 de N6MG - 1D - LAX
070-650
LONP #76
070 Club - Director of Public Relations

David M (AJ4TF)

I worked PSK31 (and a little RTTY) on 15 and 20m from W4UA (High Point [NC] ARC).  I was using one of those little Winbook TW700 tablets running FLDIGI and a home-brewed interface into an Elecraft K2 and a 130 foot doublet.

I saw a few call signs that looked familiar.

If you have a digital contact with W4UA in your log,  that was me behind the controls.

73 de AJ4TF

Rick - N7WE

Operated 1D NFL from home - PSK31 only. Too hot and humid to be outside so just casual operating. Operated a total of about 12 hours on and off. Made 76 QSO's - 80m thru 10m. Highlights for me were 5 QSO's on 80m Sat night, 3 QSO's on 10m Sunday (one was KE4JB - Thanks John!), and Hawaii (KH6J) on 15m. Felt pretty good for my HOA "less than 25 feet" vertical. Made some good progress on WTW with club calls I don't normally see. All in all not a bad FD, but I did miss the friends and camaraderie of FD when we were all younger.

Rick - N7WE
Leesburg, FL
070 - #1602
LONP - #231

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Good Morning,
Operated at various times during Field Day made contacts om 10m 20m 40m & 80m as KE4JB 1D WNY.
Disappointed that my LONP score only jumped 2 points and no new grids.
Hope you had fun.
John KE4JB

Joseph Miller <kj8o.ham@...>

GM Milt and the group,

I spent 6 hours loading up everything needed for Field Day, filling almost every cubic foot of space in the Odyssey, then spending another couple of hours at the Field Day site to see that one of the trees we use to string a wire antenna was cut during the year, only to learn ​a few hours later of the non-stop rain and high winds was predicted for Saturday. Our club was organized in 1937 and we believe this is the first time that we have ever had to cancel a Field Day.

Then spent another five hours putting everything back in place, just in time for the 1800 hour start, and DM780 decides not to pick up any digital signals from the radio. It's weird, the rig control works. Ended up having to use the microphone.... the good news was 285 contacts operating "1D", on 6 bands (80, 40, 20, 15, 10 and 6).

No sticker for me, but at least I tried.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244 operating was W8TNO 1520.

--
Joe Miller, KJ8O
Affiliated Club Coordinator

Doc

Hi Hi -GUD WX in MI. But the same gremlins HI de jerry W8KQ- As K8PA

[...]

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

No worries, Joe - you certainly get a sticker for all that!

:~)

73

Matt King

070 #1708 LONP #261

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Joseph Miller kj8o.ham@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

Hi guys
I had an enjoyable FD. Participated at N4DAB DaytonBeach PD/EOC. I hope some of you got us in your log. I will upload to the 070 log checker.

I returned home about 9pm local and operated PSK31 only1D for about 4 (non consecutive) hours. I am grateful for the. 41 contacts in my log. I will let the 070 log checker figure out my "new" ones.
73
Paul NU4C

"n6mg@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Guys/Gals/Others

I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo reflector. That's great!

If you participated in any way, with your call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's

qth, etc etc, please let me know? If you didn't operate, but participated in the overall logistics, etc ?, Please let me know. I'm thinking that should count also.

This is the head count used for printing the Field Day Atta 'boys.

It's interesting to see the short write up's on participation.

73 de N6MG - 1D - LAX

070-650

LONP #76

070 Club - Director of Public Relations

v32hoosier@...

Hi All,
I worked 6 hours of PSK31 from my home using generator power (i.e. 1E IN) and netted a total of 79 contacts on 20m and 40m.  Weather in this area was really nasty for those operating at field day sites (rain and strong winds Friday and Saturday - much of the area lost power - almost a real emergency excercise).

73,
Bob, KC9UR
070 #1620
LONP #241

Byron Luck Hurder

My FD efforts produced a whopping 8 QSOs.

But, hey, they were all on PSK31. Counts for something, right?

Most were on 40.

73

Luck, WA4STO
PODXS 070 2985

Good job Luck!

It’s a sticker for you.

Milt.

N6MG

My FD efforts produced a whopping 8 QSOs.

But, hey, they were all on PSK31. Counts for something, right?

Most were on 40.

73

Luck, WA4STO
PODXS 070 2985

---

Les Alverson <kd4sfd2@...>

For me, I went and visited the Greer ARC operating a Lake Robinson. I did listen in on a few QSO's but I otherwise didn't operate. I like going out and seeing some of the voices I hear! If you want to see some photos it is on my instagram www.instagram.com/docfester

Les k4lea 1746 lonp 272

Scotty W7PSK

I only made about 6 or 7 contacts.  Seems the XYL had bigger plans than I did.

On Monday, June 29, 2015 10:37 PM, "Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

For me, I went and visited the Greer ARC operating a Lake Robinson. I
did listen in on a few QSO's but I otherwise didn't operate. I like
going out and seeing some of the voices I hear! If you want to see some
photos it is on my instagram www.instagram.com/docfester

Les k4lea 1746 lonp 272

David, K9DWR

* n6mg@verizon.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> [2015-06-28 21:37]:
Guys/Gals/Others
I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo
reflector. That's great! If you participated in any way, with your
call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's
I operated, but none of it was PSK. I was on the road and worked a
handful of voice as a 1C. That was my first time making HF contacts
from a vehicle, so that was fun. :-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

w9ov@...

I participated Field Day 2015 and I enjoyed every moment.  The band was crowded but FD is one of my favorite events.

I operated under my own call sign, W9OV 1B NFL.
Band 20-meters.
PSK contacts logged, 93, using N3JFP's Field Day Contest Log, zero duplicates this year.

For the event I had a temporary antenna 80 feet in the air.  I wish I had more time to sit in the chair but food and sleep seemed important.

Martin "Marty" Wilcox, W9OV
070#1847

William B

I worked as a 1E all Psk 31. I logged 176 contacts, most of them on Saturday. I did little operating on Sunday, I pastor a small congregation. We had beautiful weather, setup was in my back yard under the maple tree with the generator going. I even made a few contact on 80 meters.

William
KX4WB. 1E. TN

On Sunday, June 28, 2015, n6mg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Guys/Gals/Others

I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo reflector. That's great!

If you participated in any way, with your call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's

qth, etc etc, please let me know? If you didn't operate, but participated in the overall logistics, etc ?, Please let me know. I'm thinking that should count also.

This is the head count used for printing the Field Day Atta 'boys.

It's interesting to see the short write up's on participation.

73 de N6MG - 1D - LAX

070-650

LONP #76

070 Club - Director of Public Relations

Bill Fults <bill6139@...>

I opted to provide communication support to the 150 mile 2 day bike ride through the Rocky Mountains to raise money for MS.
I was in the field.  Does that count?
Just kidding.  Great cause worth missing field day.
Bill
KC8WSM
070-1190

I've seen many Field Day participation reports here on the Yahoo reflector. That's great!
If you participated in any way, with your call...a club call...a call at a neighbor's
qth, etc etc, please let me know? If you didn't operate, but participated in the overall logistics, etc ?, Please let me know. I'm thinking that should count also.
This is the head count used for printing the Field Day Atta 'boys.
It's interesting to see the short write up's on participation.
73 de N6MG - 1D - LAX
070-650
LONP #76
070 Club - Director of Public Relations

Joseph Heitzinger <heitzingerj@...>

Greetings!

I participated in Field Day with Stillwater Amateur Radio Association (W0JH 2A MN) in Minnesota. Although we did not have a digital station and therefore no PSK contacts, I was involved in everything from logistics to setup to operating (phone) to teardown. That's what happens when you're club president. WX was good Saturday & Sunday, with some thunderstorms overnight.

Joe, KC0OIO #1601