15m

Martin Tuip

Indonesia, Japan and Philippines is on 15m at the moment.

Jerry N9AVY

I could certainly use Philippines on PSK as well as Indonesia.  I was very happy to work a bunch of Japan today  and am only 1 away from the 20 needed for endorsement.

Martin I was good to work you today.  Sorry to be so short.  Guess I should have called "CQ DX JA", but I hate to do directional CQ because I always feel as though I'm cutting someone out of a contact.

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

To: 070@...
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 6:26 PM
Subject: [070] 15m

Martin Tuip

No worries.  Indonesia came in really strong on my end and hung out there for a good half a hour.  The Philippines was strong for 45 seconds and then faded away.    

Martin
KG7HAX

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [070] 15m

I could certainly use Philippines on PSK as well as Indonesia.  I was very happy to work a bunch of Japan today  and am only 1 away from the 20 needed for endorsement.

Martin I was good to work you today.  Sorry to be so short.  Guess I should have called "CQ DX JA", but I hate to do directional CQ because I always feel as though I'm cutting someone out of a contact.

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 7:14 PM

No worries.  Indonesia came in really strong on my end and hung out there for a good half a hour.  The Philippines was strong for 45 seconds and then faded away.    

Martin
KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Yip...

We're swatting them off!

It's interesting to tune across 80 ssb very early in the morning at our gray line and hear the JA version of their "good ol' boy" rag chews!

But like Chuck, N2EOC likes to do with EU's on 75m psk31 in the contests, I've only got a very few JA's and HL's on 75m. A few DU's and 1 YBO on 75.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Jerry, that's what I was thinking for us East Coast guys.  I've never even seen Philippines, Indonesia, China, etc... I've gotten a few Japanese stations on 10 & 15 and felt thrilled to get 1 South Korean station back in November 2013! 

I've gotten one Ukraine station this year, and seen several, but was unable to work them due to an antenna issue.  

The different coasts definitely have their ups and downs. I feel for you guys stuck in the middle!

India? Pakistan? Middle East in general?  Maybe when I get a beam....

73 y'all

Matt
KK4CPS

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

Martin
KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Brian (N2MLP)

Do pretty go in both direction from Pennsylvania

Guess it help to on a mountain top with a beam

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 8:40 PM

Jerry, that's what I was thinking for us East Coast guys.  I've never even seen Philippines, Indonesia, China, etc... I've gotten a few Japanese stations on 10 & 15 and felt thrilled to get 1 South Korean station back in November 2013! 

I've gotten one Ukraine station this year, and seen several, but was unable to work them due to an antenna issue.  

The different coasts definitely have their ups and downs. I feel for you guys stuck in the middle!

73 y'all

Matt

KK4CPS

jerry  n9avy

Martin

KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Brian (N2MLP)

Hates auto correct 

Go = good

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 8:46 PM
Subject: RE: [070] 15m

Do pretty go in both direction from Pennsylvania

Guess it help to on a mountain top with a beam

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 8:40 PM

73 y'all

Matt

KK4CPS

jerry  n9avy

Martin

KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Hate to burst everyone's bubbles, but I think as we get closer to sunspot minimum the worse DX will get.  Just a guess.

Propagation has always seemed to favor one area or another. The West Coast guys get all those JA, HL, YB. DU and other contacts in Asia area. While East coast guys get most all of Europe & Africa. The guys in the Midwest (a.k.a. - Black Hole)  have to take what they can get.

For me here near Chicago, the JA's have been best around 2200- 2300 UTC on 15m. I've tried to figure out the PY stations and the window on 10/15m seems full of everything else in SA (LU, CE, HK, YV mostly)...  got one PY this afternoon.  Figuring out the propagation for me is strictly a hit or miss proposition because I don't read forecasts, charts or MUF's (Maximum Useable Frequency).  Always try to get the feel of the bands from day to day, week to week and month to month.  Doesn't always work, but when I have success , I celebrate !

For the new guys, it's the thrill of the hunt. Don't rely on someone else spotting the DX for you.  Somebody has todo the hunting.  I've tried the HRD thing where it monitors one band, but if you have to be away from radio, you might miss something.  Don't be afraid to call CQ. It usually produces unexpected results ...  called CQ the other day and had an HL5  (ROK) answer me ! 

Good hunting !

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 7:40 PM

73 y'all

Matt
KK4CPS

jerry  n9avy

Martin
KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Ray Clements

From 9-Land, the Middle East is not impossible, but it is difficult. I have made a few contacts with Israel and a surprising one with Oman.

My longest PSK contact was with Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, close to  the antipole from Chicago.

From here, India is one of the most difficult areas as it is due north over the North Pole, so the magnetic flux affects propagation.

Ray N9RWC

------ Original Message ------
Received: 07:40 PM CST, 01/26/2015

73 y'all

Matt
KK4CPS

jerry  n9avy

Martin
KG7HAX

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

boat.anchor@...

Jerry

Yes they are not that difficult for us but on the other hand I have never seen a Ukraine (+10yrs of trying) and due to the mountain in my backyard on the north side I am fortunate to see one Europe per month.
Give me some of that flat land please
regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

jerry  n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Barry:

Europe is definitely a tough shot for West coasters.   I've only heard one Ukraine station this year when this time of year they are normally thicker than mosquitoes in a swamp ! 

I'm on similar circumstances here with a large ridge to the East which doesn't help with Europe. When I used to live on other side of ridge I could get into Chicago on 10m ground wave and that hasn't happened since I moved.

You might think about trying long path in to Europe... that is, if you have a yagi.

Jerry  N9AVY

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:45 PM

Jerry

Yes they are not that difficult for us but on the other hand I have never seen a Ukraine (+10yrs of trying) and due to the mountain in my backyard on the north side I am fortunate to see one Europe per month.
regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., wrote :

jerry  n9avy

Martin Tuip

Speaking of ridges. Check my qrz page for the one in my front yard.

Martin
Kg7hax

-------- Original message --------
Date:01/26/2015 8:53 PM (GMT-08:00)

Barry:

Europe is definitely a tough shot for West coasters.   I've only heard one Ukraine station this year when this time of year they are normally thicker than mosquitoes in a swamp ! 

I'm on similar circumstances here with a large ridge to the East which doesn't help with Europe. When I used to live on other side of ridge I could get into Chicago on 10m ground wave and that hasn't happened since I moved.

You might think about trying long path in to Europe... that is, if you have a yagi.

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry

regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

jerry  n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Martin:

Your QSL could have the same picture as on QRZ page.  UX5UO print does a FB job for about $59 postage included and has about a 3 week turn around.  Contact him first with your design ideas.

Nice ridge, mine is about 1/10 of that one, hi !

jerry

To: "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 11:05 PM

Speaking of ridges. Check my qrz page for the one in my front yard.

Martin
Kg7hax

-------- Original message --------
Date:01/26/2015 8:53 PM (GMT-08:00)

Barry:

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry

regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., wrote :

jerry  n9avy