From: "'Martin Tuip' ajax@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 6:26 PM
Subject: [070] 15m

Indonesia, Japan and Philippines is on 15m at the moment.

Martin Tuip

No worries.  Indonesia came in really strong on my end and hung out there for a good half a hour.  The Philippines was strong for 45 seconds and then faded away.

Martin
KG7HAX

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 4:57 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] 15m

I could certainly use Philippines on PSK as well as Indonesia.  I was very happy to work a bunch of Japan today  and am only 1 away from the 20 needed for endorsement.

Martin I was good to work you today.  Sorry to be so short.  Guess I should have called "CQ DX JA", but I hate to do directional CQ because I always feel as though I'm cutting someone out of a contact.

See again on the bands !

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

Indonesia, Japan and Philippines is on 15m at the moment.

Jerry N9AVY

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

No worries.  Indonesia came in really strong on my end and hung out there for a good half a hour.  The Philippines was strong for 45 seconds and then faded away.

Martin
KG7HAX

No worries.  Indonesia came in really strong on my end and hung out there for a good half a hour.  The Philippines was strong for 45 seconds and then faded away.

Martin
KG7HAX

Indonesia, Japan and Philippines is on 15m at the moment.

boat.anchor@...

Jerry

Yes they are not that difficult for us but on the other hand I have never seen a Ukraine (+10yrs of trying) and due to the mountain in my backyard on the north side I am fortunate to see one Europe per month.
Give me some of that flat land please
regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Barry:

Europe is definitely a tough shot for West coasters.   I've only heard one Ukraine station this year when this time of year they are normally thicker than mosquitoes in a swamp !

I'm on similar circumstances here with a large ridge to the East which doesn't help with Europe. When I used to live on other side of ridge I could get into Chicago on 10m ground wave and that hasn't happened since I moved.

You might think about trying long path in to Europe... that is, if you have a yagi.

Jerry  N9AVY

---In 070@..., wrote :

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

Martin Tuip

Speaking of ridges. Check my qrz page for the one in my front yard.

Martin
Kg7hax

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

You guys on West coast have much better shot at places like Philippines & Indonesia than us landlocked guys.  Signals travel much better over water like Pacific.

jerry  n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Martin:

Your QSL could have the same picture as on QRZ page.  UX5UO print does a FB job for about $59 postage included and has about a 3 week turn around.  Contact him first with your design ideas.

Nice ridge, mine is about 1/10 of that one, hi !

jerry