To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:26:53 -0800
Subject: Re: [070] 2015 DX Specials

I've worked 100's of Ukraine stations in past year.  Think the Russian in Crimea are using R - prefixes.  Ukraine is probably a tough shot from PNW. but on the other hand here in Illinois I've never worked more than a dozen PSK stations in Japan.

I say we run it and see what happens.

Jerry  N9AVY

From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:19:13 -0500
Subject: [070] 2015 DX Specials

Hello 070 Club members!

The 2015 DX Specials are ready to go. This year we will have three.

The "2015 DX Specials" countries are Brazil, Japan, and Ukraine.

Inline image 2 Inline image 1 Inline image 3

Contacts from January 1st through December 31st for the year 2015 qualify for these awards. Make contacts with 20 different stations in each country to earn the individual awards.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all!

73 y'all

Matt King
KK4CPS
070 #1708
070 Club Management Team

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Yep, Bill has the intention of the award down pat.  Any call prefixes EM-EO and UR-UZ will count as "Ukraine".

As Jerry said, let's run with it!

Merry Christmas to all!

73 y'all

Matt King
KK4CPS
070 #1708
070 Club Management Team

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I'm with Jerry.  Run it and see what happens.  This is all for fun.  If they have a Ukrainian assigned call sign and you work them, then that should count.  If they have a Russian call sign, then they are not using a call assigned by Ukraine.

Merry Christmas!

Bill N4GBK

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:26:53 -0800

I've worked 100's of Ukraine stations in past year.  Think the Russian in Crimea are using R - prefixes.  Ukraine is probably a tough shot from PNW. but on the other hand here in Illinois I've never worked more than a dozen PSK stations in Japan.

I say we run it and see what happens.

Jerry  N9AVY

Ukraine? you may need to refine that one a bit....I thought I saw a note from ARRL that some part of the country does not qualify as a DX entity...or something like that. The other issue might be an 'unubtanium' issue...will you accept Russian (small r) call signs?

73, K7TRK

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:02 PM, "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Thanks Matt,

From the East Coast, Brazil and Ukraine should be easy.  Will need some propagation help for Japan.  Looks like some good challenges for 2015.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Bill N4GBK

To: 070@...; 070_contest@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:19:13 -0500

Hello 070 Club members!

The 2015 DX Specials are ready to go. This year we will have three.

The "2015 DX Specials" countries are Brazil, Japan, and Ukraine.

Inline image 2 Inline image 1 Inline image 3

Contacts from January 1st through December 31st for the year 2015 qualify for these awards. Make contacts with 20 different stations in each country to earn the individual awards.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all!

73 y'all

Matt King
KK4CPS
070 #1708
070 Club Management Team

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

A couple of things that I should clarify. The EM-EO and UR-UZ prefix calls will count WHEN OPERATED FROM UKRAINE. They will not count if operated from Antarctica, not when /MM, and not /P elsewhere, etc... Other calls operating in Ukraine (UT/W3HF should he make it there, for example - get a move on, Steve!) will count towards the Ukraine DX Special total.

Now for the hot potato:

The Russians are treating Crimea as Russian territory now, though it's still not considered such by the UN, Ukraine, nor many other countries. Some Russians don't like that. Many Ukrainians don't like that. Regardless of the political situation, we have to find a way to deal with it.  We as individuals may not agree with it, but the most palatable approach for our purpose as a radio club having fun is to use the ARRL's decision as a general guideline on the matter. Regarding contacts with stations physically operating in the Crimean region, "...a call sign issued by Ukraine and showing the entity name as Ukraine counts as Ukraine... a call sign issued by Russia and showing the entity name as Russia counts as Russia." The obvious (and only) exception to this will be a Russian call signing from Ukraine such as "UT/RW3F." No station claiming "Crimea" as an entity will count towards the award.

Any questions, errors, omissions, or issues, please let me know.

73 y'all

Matt King
KK4CPS
070 #1708
070 Club Management Team

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:26:53 -0800

I've worked 100's of Ukraine stations in past year.  Think the Russian in Crimea are using R - prefixes.  Ukraine is probably a tough shot from PNW. but on the other hand here in Illinois I've never worked more than a dozen PSK stations in Japan.

I say we run it and see what happens.

Jerry  N9AVY

Ukraine? you may need to refine that one a bit....I thought I saw a note from ARRL that some part of the country does not qualify as a DX entity...or something like that. The other issue might be an 'unubtanium' issue...will you accept Russian (small r) call signs?

73, K7TRK

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:02 PM, "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Thanks Matt,

From the East Coast, Brazil and Ukraine should be easy.  Will need some propagation help for Japan.  Looks like some good challenges for 2015.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Bill N4GBK

To: 070@...; 070_contest@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:19:13 -0500

Hello 070 Club members!

The 2015 DX Specials are ready to go. This year we will have three.

The "2015 DX Specials" countries are Brazil, Japan, and Ukraine.

Inline image 2 Inline image 1 Inline image 3

Contacts from January 1st through December 31st for the year 2015 qualify for these awards. Make contacts with 20 different stations in each country to earn the individual awards.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all!

73 y'all

Matt King
KK4CPS
070 #1708
070 Club Management Team

Larry

Matt,

The DX endorsements look like a good match. Japan and Brazil not to difficult from the Left coast, and Ukraine & Brazil not to difficult from the East coast.

Keep up the good work!
Larry WA7HDZ #404

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:26:53 -0800

I've worked 100's of Ukraine stations in past year.  Think the Russian in Crimea are using R - prefixes.  Ukraine is probably a tough shot from PNW. but on the other hand here in Illinois I've never worked more than a dozen PSK stations in Japan.

I say we run it and see what happens.

Jerry  N9AVY

Ukraine? you may need to refine that one a bit....I thought I saw a note from ARRL that some part of the country does not qualify as a DX entity...or something like that. The other issue might be an 'unubtanium' issue...will you accept Russian (small r) call signs?

73, K7TRK

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:02 PM, "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Thanks Matt,

From the East Coast, Brazil and Ukraine should be easy.  Will need some propagation help for Japan.  Looks like some good challenges for 2015.