KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE is on the air

v32hoosier@...

You bet it counts, Les.  Thanks for the contact and supporting our APE.

Bob,

KC9UR

v32hoosier@...

We're back on the air after a classic Hoosier summer thunder boomer.  No damage done, but it took a while to dry things out the pontoon boat and get reorganized.  Our plan for the evening is to work 20M, 30M & 40M with a dinner break around 8:30 EST.  We are open for requests to change bands for those working toward a certificate.  Stan is on 20M right now, and I will be firing up 30M (10.140) shortly.  A chance of more storms is predicted around 9pm or so, so we will play it by ear.  We plan to work through midnight or later this evening, weather permitting - hope to see you on the waterfall!

Bob, KC9UR

Rick - N7WE

On 14.071.700 and 10.141.490 at  23:51.  Both strong into central Florida.
Rick - N7WE
Leesburg, FL

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Y'all headed over to 7.070 any time soon?  That'd be cool.... ~hint, hint~

Matt

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM, v32hoosier@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

We're back on the air after a classic Hoosier summer thunder boomer.  No damage done, but it took a while to dry things out the pontoon boat and get reorganized.  Our plan for the evening is to work 20M, 30M & 40M with a dinner break around 8:30 EST.  We are open for requests to change bands for those working toward a certificate.  Stan is on 20M right now, and I will be firing up 30M (10.140) shortly.  A chance of more storms is predicted around 9pm or so, so we will play it by ear.  We plan to work through midnight or later this evening, weather permitting - hope to see you on the waterfall!

Bob, KC9UR

JEFF WALSH

KC9UR ON 30 METER NOW

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:16 PM, "Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Y'all headed over to 7.070 any time soon?  That'd be cool.... ~hint, hint~

Matt

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM, v32hoosier@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

We're back on the air after a classic Hoosier summer thunder boomer.  No damage done, but it took a while to dry things out the pontoon boat and get reorganized.  Our plan for the evening is to work 20M, 30M & 40M with a dinner break around 8:30 EST.  We are open for requests to change bands for those working toward a certificate.  Stan is on 20M right now, and I will be firing up 30M (10.140) shortly.  A chance of more storms is predicted around 9pm or so, so we will play it by ear.  We plan to work through midnight or later this evening, weather permitting - hope to see you on the waterfall!
Bob, KC9UR

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Just got Bob on 7.o70 hoping for 30 & 20 now GL
John KE4JB

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Y'all headed over to 7.070 any time soon?  That'd be cool.... ~hint, hint~

Matt

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM, v32hoosier@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

We're back on the air after a classic Hoosier summer thunder boomer.  No damage done, but it took a while to dry things out the pontoon boat and get reorganized.  Our plan for the evening is to work 20M, 30M & 40M with a dinner break around 8:30 EST.  We are open for requests to change bands for those working toward a certificate.  Stan is on 20M right now, and I will be firing up 30M (10.140) shortly.  A chance of more storms is predicted around 9pm or so, so we will play it by ear.  We plan to work through midnight or later this evening, weather permitting - hope to see you on the waterfall!

Bob, KC9UR

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Thanks for the spot, Padre!

Matt
KK4CPS

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

I just worked Bob KC9UR for my 3rd band......tnx Bob and Stan....looking forward to the certificate !....73s

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:36 PM, "Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Worked him on 40 & 30 just need 20 now.
Both W1AW/0 and W1AW/8 are on 20 now.
Good Luck
John KE4JB

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I just worked Bob KC9UR for my 3rd band......tnx Bob and Stan....looking forward to the certificate !....73s

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Karen Russo

Just worked Bob KC9UR on 7071.5. Strong signal into VA.

Thanks guys!  73 Karen W4KRN

Worked him on 40 & 30 just need 20 now.
Both W1AW/0 and W1AW/8 are on 20 now.
Good Luck
John KE4JB

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I just worked Bob KC9UR for my 3rd band......tnx Bob and Stan....looking forward to the certificate !....73s

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
[...]

We are going to have to shut things down for a bit .... more lightning coming.

Thanks for all who worked us this evening ... see you tomorrow!!!

Bob, KC9UR

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Hope you have a peaceful night thanks for two bands hope to see you on 20m Tomorrow.
Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!!
John KE4JB

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM, v32hoosier@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

We are going to have to shut things down for a bit .... more lightning coming.

Thanks for all who worked us this evening ... see you tomorrow!!!

Bob, KC9UR

v32hoosier@...

Good morning all!  The pontoons are still afloat and we will be back on the air in a few minutes ... planning to start on 40m and 30m and then move up as the day progresses.  We will also be calling CQ on 6m at the top of each hour ... hopefully there will be an opening today (called numerous times yesterday without seeing nary a trace).  Our tally so far is 119 contacts, 80 - 85% U.S. and the rest DX (the best so far being Namibia).  The weather report today looks much better - partly cloudy with highs in the lower 80s - so hopefully there will be no more mad dashes for shelter like yesterday.  To those crafty and persistent APE Hunters who have already worked us on 3 bands (and the 1 or 2  who caught us on 4 bands) - certificates will be in the mail soon.  We are looking forward to working many more of you today and are really enjoying the APE experience (thunderstorm excitement and all).

73

Bob, KC9UR

v32hoosier@...

Hi All ... Stan and I have moved up to 20M and 17M ... hope to see you there!

73,

Bob, KC9UR

K8TOM

Bob,

Are you planning to try 12M at some point?  If you do give us a spot and we'll give it a try.

Tnx
Tom
K8TOM

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM, v32hoosier@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Hi All ... Stan and I have moved up to 20M and 17M ... hope to see you there!

73,

Bob, KC9UR

Scotty W7PSK

Bob called me as I was CQing for WAS 17m PSK31 .. thanks for the IN on LOTW Bob. Good luck with the APE Pontoon style.Scotty W7PSK

v32hoosier@...

Hi All ... our plan for the rest of the day is to call on 12m and 6m at the top of each hour and work 20m, 17m and 15m in between.  We're open for requests to move to a band that you need to get a certificate.  We plan to continue operating until 4pm EST (1900 UTC).  Thanks to everyone who has taken time from their busy schedules to work us.  It's been a blast, even with the thunder boomers yesterday, and we highly recommend "going APE".

73,

Bob, KC9UR

boat.anchor@...

Bob
Can you point that vertical to the west for a while.
There should be some special credit for hours spent
looking and not finding.
GL es have fun
Barry
VA7GEM

Karen Russo

I see others working Bob on 14.071, but no pontoon trace from here in VA.
73 Karen W4KRN

Bob

Can you point that vertical to the west for a while.
There should be some special credit for hours spent
looking and not finding.
GL es have fun
Barry
VA7GEM

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

I managed to work KC9UR on 20 this morning and 40, and 30 yesterday.
They are working 17 this afternoon also and I'm seeing European contacts but no luck from NY - yet
The bands are really wacky today one min up there next min down down down.
Just Keep on keeping on you will make it.
Good Luck
John KE4JB