Some thoughts ...

Jerry N9AVY

Sitting here watching the waterfall on 20m and started thinking about how I chased the WTW endorsement for the last couple years and now that I've finished it, I miss collecting all those letters of everyone's suffix ! Not to mention the frustration of never seeming to find the needed letters over a few weeks and then they all seem to show up at one. It was like beating one's head against the wall and realizing how good it felt when one stopped. After a couple months of quietness, I find I kind of miss all that nonsense. As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of lunacy !

Maybe we need (or is it just me ?) another spell it endorsement that takes months to complete ?

Just thinking out loud ....

Jerry N9AVY

P.S. I find I'm addicted to stickers from KY.... and that good KY air inside.

K8TOM

Perhaps you could set up a remote shack QTH some distance away and operate it from home.  I had a QSO the other day with a fellow from KS, who was actually running TeamViewer over the internet to his shack in KS while he was in NC. 

As long as you "relocate" the required number of miles from your present QTH, you would get to start all over again, at least as far as the ARRL is concerned.  I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to that effect.

HI HI

Tom
K8TOM

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Sitting here watching the waterfall on 20m and started thinking about how I chased the WTW endorsement for the last couple years and now that I've finished it, I miss collecting all those letters of everyone's suffix ! Not to mention the frustration of never seeming to find the needed letters over a few weeks and then they all seem to show up at one. It was like beating one's head against the wall and realizing how good it felt when one stopped. After a couple months of quietness, I find I kind of miss all that nonsense. As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of lunacy !

Maybe we need (or is it just me ?) another spell it endorsement that takes months to complete ?

Jerry N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

For DXCC purposes you can now operate anywhere within USA. Thanks to proliferation of remote sites all over the cotton pickin country !

Jerry. N9AVY

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2014, at 4:45 PM, "Tom Singleton tsingle@... [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Perhaps you could set up a remote shack QTH some distance away and operate it from home.  I had a QSO the other day with a fellow from KS, who was actually running TeamViewer over the internet to his shack in KS while he was in NC. 

As long as you "relocate" the required number of miles from your present QTH, you would get to start all over again, at least as far as the ARRL is concerned.  I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to that effect.

HI HI

Tom
K8TOM

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Jerry N9AVY

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

I am still working on the WTW endorsement, but I've already thought about that.  "Hmmm, what will I do when I finish WTW?"

Let's try to come up with a couple of specific ideas among us and float them up the chain.  

What if there could be multiple levels of WTW, with the second level using dates only after the first level was obtained and so on?

What says the boss?

73!

Matt
KK4CPS
#070 1708

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Jerry N9AVY

K8TOM

OK. Nix on the remote QTH, then.  Uh...maybe the next round of WTW would use the SECOND letter after the numeral instead of the first..how's that?

More silly ideas are available upon request, HI HI

Tom
K8TOM

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I am still working on the WTW endorsement, but I've already thought about that.  "Hmmm, what will I do when I finish WTW?"

Let's try to come up with a couple of specific ideas among us and float them up the chain.  

What if there could be multiple levels of WTW, with the second level using dates only after the first level was obtained and so on?

What says the boss?

73!

Matt
KK4CPS
#070 1708

Jerry N9AVY

Ted <pegduck56@...>

for some reason, just never got that excited about that endorsement. It's basically just searching for letters and you will eventually get it . I just think challenges like working all SA, the IOTA endorsement and stuff like that is more meaningful to me. (still looking for Peru on psk !!)
73, Ted
K7TRK

On Monday, June 9, 2014 3:05 PM, "Tom Singleton tsingle@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

OK. Nix on the remote QTH, then.  Uh...maybe the next round of WTW would use the SECOND letter after the numeral instead of the first..how's that?

More silly ideas are available upon request, HI HI

Tom
K8TOM

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

What says the boss?

73!

Matt
KK4CPS
#070 1708

Jerry N9AVY

Steve W3HF

Maybe you should just try to do it all over again, like the county hunters do.

Steve
W3HF

On 06/09/14, Jerry n9avy@... [070]<070@...> wrote:

Jerry N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Nice try Steve, but I hate watching the same movie a second time ... same goes for endorsements ! :-)

There used to be a 10-10 certificate that was tied with the old Air Capital chapter in Kansas. The idea was to fly cross country by state either the North or South routes. Maybe something like that might work. After that there could be an endorsement to fly the Pacific island hopping and possibly even tracing Amelia Earhart's route without going in the drink.

Just some thoughts.

Jerry N9AVY

--------------------------------------------

On Mon, 6/9/14, Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@arrl.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [070] Some thoughts ...
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 5:33 PM

Maybe you should just try to do it
all over again, like the county hunters do.

Steve
W3HF
  On
06/09/14, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net
[070]<070@yahoogroups.com>
wrote: Sitting
here watching the waterfall on 20m and started thinking
about how I chased the WTW endorsement for the last couple
years and now that I've finished it, I miss collecting
all those letters of everyone's suffix ! Not to mention
the frustration of never seeming to find the needed letters
over a few weeks and then they all seem to show up at one.
It was like beating one's head against the wall and
realizing how good it felt when one stopped. After a couple
months of quietness, I find I kind of miss all that
nonsense. As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of lunacy
!

Maybe we need (or is it just me ?) another spell it
endorsement that takes months to complete ?

Jerry N9AVY

P.S. I find I'm addicted to stickers from KY.... and
that good KY air inside.

Joseph Miller <kj8o.ham@...>

Hi Jerry, Steve and the group,

Separating the 'difficult' from the 'nearly impossible', an idea borrowed from the 3905 Century Club net, is to work all 50 states in order of admission to the Union.

Of course, if the computer programming is too involved, then forget I said that.....

Thinking out loud, I remain

73 de Joe KJ8O

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Nice try Steve, but I hate watching the same movie a second time ... same goes for endorsements ! :-)

There used to be a 10-10 certificate that was tied with the old Air Capital chapter in Kansas. The idea was to fly cross country by state either the North or South routes. Maybe something like that might work. After that there could be an endorsement to fly the Pacific island hopping and possibly even tracing Amelia Earhart's route without going in the drink.

Just some thoughts.

Jerry N9AVY

Joe:

That would certainly be a challenge !

Jerry N9AVY

On Mon, 6/9/14, Joseph Miller kj8o.ham@gmail.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 6:52 PM

Hi Jerry, Steve and the
group,
Separating the 'difficult' from the
'nearly impossible', an idea borrowed from the 3905
Century Club net, is to work all 50 states in order of
admission to the Union.

Of course, if the computer programming is too
involved, then forget I said that.....
73 de Joe KJ8O

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at
7:35 PM, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net
[070] <070@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Nice try Steve, but I hate watching the same movie a second
time ... same goes for endorsements ! :-)

There used to be a 10-10 certificate that was tied with the
old Air Capital chapter in Kansas. The idea was to fly cross
country by state either the North or South routes. Maybe
something like that might work. After that there could be
an endorsement to fly the Pacific island hopping and
possibly even tracing Amelia Earhart's route without
going in the drink.

Just some thoughts.

Jerry N9AVY

Or we could try the that was suggested several years ago ... work all the rest stops on the interstates !!!!

:-)

Jerry N9AVY

Joe:

That would certainly be a challenge !

Jerry N9AVY

On Mon, 6/9/14, Joseph Miller kj8o.ham@gmail.com [070]
<070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 6:52 PM

Hi Jerry, Steve and the

group,

Separating the 'difficult' from the

'nearly impossible', an idea borrowed from the

Century Club net, is to work all 50 states in order of

admission to the Union.

Of course, if the computer programming is too

involved, then forget I said that.....

73 de Joe KJ8O

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at

7:35 PM, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net

wrote:

Nice try Steve, but I hate watching the same movie a
second

time ... same goes for endorsements ! :-)

There used to be a 10-10 certificate that was tied with
the

old Air Capital chapter in Kansas. The idea was to fly
cross

country by state either the North or South routes. Maybe

something like that might work. After that there could be

an endorsement to fly the Pacific island hopping and

possibly even tracing Amelia Earhart's route without

going in the drink.

Just some thoughts.

Joseph Miller <kj8o.ham@...>

I have two train stations within 5 miles of here, plus two nice ones, worthy of a day trip, within 50 miles of here.

Again, just thinking out loud.....

73 de Joe

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Or we could try the that was suggested several years ago ... work all the rest stops on the interstates !!!!

Bill Garwood

We have quite a few members outside of North America.  I think any long term award should be something that is possible to achieve by all.  Not necessarily easy but at least possible with the typical station.  25 watts, wire antenna, mag loop etc. 

The WTW award takes over 2000 QSOs.  When completing WTW, it seemed like for a long time I was only looking for the letter "N".   Those folks with the "N" suffix probably get a bit more attention from the 070 members!

Doing WTW a second time around does not appeal to me.  I'd like something different but I'll play along if that is what we decide upon. 

Y'all are coming up with some good ideas! 

Bill N4GBK  #1688

To: 070@...
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 20:47:17 -0400

I have two train stations within 5 miles of here, plus two nice ones, worthy of a day trip, within 50 miles of here.

Again, just thinking out loud.....

73 de Joe

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

David Westbrook

cherry-picking various comments from different members to reply to here ...

general statement -- there's some endorsement changes coming in the near future; but all new award ideas i'm adding to a list to consider around the Fall, and I'm sure some 2015 calendar year awards will result.  Appreciate the patience w/all the transition stuff -- no hints, but you guys won't be disappointed! :)

> Separating the 'difficult' from the 'nearly impossible', an idea borrowed from the 3905 Century Club net, is to work all 50 states in order of admission to the Union.
> Of course, if the computer programming is too involved, then forget I said that.....

Interesting idea! Added to the list of possibilities ....  And coding for it should be fun :)  and probably fairly straightforward.

>  Maybe you should just try to do it all over again, like the county hunters do.

Jerry -- try it QRP!  or single band!  :)

> for some reason, just never got that excited about that endorsement. It's basically just searching for letters and you will eventually get it . I just think challenges like working all SA, the IOTA endorsement and stuff like that is more meaningful to me. (still looking for Peru on psk !!)

I share of the same sentiment -- from a programmer mindset, WTW is defined to me as a purely arbitrary definition of "Work 367 A's, 57 B's, 72 C's, ... 28 Y's, 16 Z's for a total of 2246 required QSOs",  and "Work the World" is a misnomer -- in theory you could finish it working all California callsigns -- there's your challenge Jerry!! :)
But there's that compulsion to chase stickers :)  and I had a lot fun programming the checker for that one too!

> maybe the next round of WTW would use the SECOND letter after the numeral instead of the first..how's that?

what about 1x1 or 2x1 calls? ;)

> Let's try to come up with a couple of specific ideas among us and float them up the chain.  

Please do! I have had member ideas already, and will continue to queue the ideas to review later this year.

> As long as you "relocate" the required number of miles from your present QTH, you would get to start all over again, at least as far as the ARRL is concerned.  I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to that effect.

That rule (IIRC 50 miles) is for WAS;  for DXCC you can be anywhere within your dxcc entity.   070 has no conditions, aside from the callsign rules.

> Perhaps you could set up a remote shack QTH some distance away and operate it from home. 

I have on the list to consider some kind of remote operation award or event ... Haven't come up w/any specifics yet, but i think remote operation is a good topic.

> As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of lunacy !

Only for those that actually complete it! :)
If you want another challenge, try 24x7 QRP or single-band ...  I think the latter would be especially challenging.
One member had me add a custom check to the endorsement checker to chase 24x7 with only working one specific other member!! they're up to 34! 

We have quite a few members outside of North America.

that's an area i'd like to think of ways to grow, too... on the long-term goals list.

> I think any long term award should be something that is possible to achieve by all.  Not necessarily easy but at least possible with the typical station.

y, WTW is more-or-less even, since (despite the name) has zero geographic or band bias.
i'm biased ;) but 24x7 is a good "neutral" one too ... 
Some are geographically biased (like yankee clipper), but that's fine as long as there's a mix/balance (which I think we have overall) ...

good discussions everyone -- keep it coming!

73!
--david
kj4izw

Jerry N9AVY

As the ld saying goes, "Life is too short for QRP " !

Jerry N9AVY :-)

On Mon, 6/9/14, David Westbrook dwestbrook@gmail.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 8:19 PM

cherry-picking various comments
from different members to reply to here ...
general statement -- there's some endorsement
changes coming in the near future; but all new award ideas
i'm adding to a list to consider around the Fall, and
I'm sure some 2015 calendar year awards will result.
 Appreciate the patience w/all the transition stuff -- no
hints, but you guys won't be disappointed! :)

> Separating the 'difficult' from
the 'nearly impossible', an idea borrowed from the
3905 Century Club net, is to work all 50 states in order of
admission to the Union.
> Of course, if the computer programming is too involved,
then forget I said that.....

Interesting idea! Added to the list of
possibilities ....  And coding for it should be fun :)
 and probably fairly straightforward.

>  Maybe you should just try to do it all
over again, like the county hunters do.
Jerry -- try it QRP!  or single band!
 :)

> for some reason, just never got that excited about
that endorsement. It's basically just searching for
letters and you will eventually get it . I just think
challenges like working all SA, the IOTA endorsement and
stuff like that is more meaningful to me. (still looking for
Peru on psk !!)

I share of the same sentiment -- from a
programmer mindset, WTW is defined to me as a purely
arbitrary definition of "Work 367 A's, 57 B's,
72 C's, ... 28 Y's, 16 Z's for a total of 2246
required QSOs",  and "Work the World" is a
misnomer -- in theory you could finish it working all
California callsigns -- there's your challenge Jerry!!
But there's that compulsion to chase stickers :)
 and I had a lot fun programming the checker for that one
too!

> maybe the next round of WTW would use the
SECOND letter after the numeral instead of the
first..how's that?

> Let's try to come up with a couple of
specific ideas among us and float them up the chain.

Please do! I have had member ideas already, and
will continue to queue the ideas to review later this
year.

> As long as you "relocate" the
required number of miles from your present QTH, you would
get to start all over again, at least as far as the ARRL is
concerned.  I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to
that effect.

That rule (IIRC 50 miles) is for WAS;  for DXCC
you can be anywhere within your dxcc entity.   070 has no
conditions, aside from the callsign rules.
> Perhaps you could set up a remote shack QTH
some distance away and operate it from home. 

I have on the list to consider some kind of
remote operation award or event ... Haven't come up
w/any specifics yet, but i think remote operation is a good
topic.

> As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of lunacy
!
Only for those that actually complete it!
:)If you want another challenge, try 24x7 QRP or
single-band ...  I think the latter would be especially
challenging.
One member had me add a custom check to the endorsement
checker to chase 24x7 with only working one specific other
member!! they're up to 34! 

> We have quite a few members
outside of North America.

that's an area i'd like
to think of ways to grow, too... on the long-term goals
list.

> I think any long term award
should be something that is possible to achieve by all. 
Not necessarily easy but at least possible with the typical
station.

y, WTW is more-or-less even, since (despite the
name) has zero geographic or band bias.i'm
biased ;) but 24x7 is a good "neutral" one too
... Some are geographically biased (like yankee
clipper), but that's fine as long as there's a
mix/balance (which I think we have overall) ...

good discussions
everyone -- keep it coming!
73!--david
kj4izw

ljl2002@att.net

Jerry,
If you miss it, just do it all over again.
We could call it WTWX2.  It would be an endorsement for those select few that that just didn't get enough frustration and ionospheric abuse the first time around! HA HA HA.
73!
Joe
KA1PPV #1482 (still sluggin it out on the first run through!)

On Monday, June 9, 2014 10:02 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

On Mon, 6/9/14, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

admission to the Union.

Peru on psk !!)

too!

first..how's that?

year.

that effect.

topic.

!
challenging.

that's an area i'd like
list.

station.

good discussions
73!--david
kj4izw

KF3AA

Several times over the years a DXCC type endorsement has been suggested !!??!!

73 de KF3AA      # 124

Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:21:00 AM

Jerry,
If you miss it, just do it all over again.
We could call it WTWX2.  It would be an endorsement for those select few that that just didn't get enough frustration and ionospheric abuse the first time around! HA HA HA.
73!
Joe
KA1PPV #1482 (still sluggin it out on the first run through!)

On Monday, June 9, 2014 10:02 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

On Mon, 6/9/14, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

admission to the Union.

Peru on psk !!)

too!

first..how's that?

year.

that effect.

topic.

!
challenging.

that's an area i'd like
list.

station.

good discussions
73!--david
kj4izw

Jerry N9AVY

iWhile it is possible to make DXCC (Basic 100 countries) the likelihood of getting to 150 or 200 is slim. Making Honor Roll (over 331 is pretty near impossible !); DXpeditions can't be bothered with another mode, especially something as slow as PSK31. Not to mention the "LIDs" who insist on sending the DX their "brag list" in the middle of a pileup !

I think a basic 100 country endorsement might be a good thing with possible stickers for increments of 5 or 10 much like the IOTA endorsement.

I'm at 127 countries worked, but I don't see more than a handful I could add to that.

Good idea.

Jerry N9AVY

On Tue, 6/10/14, KF3AA@comcast.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 9:50 AM

Several
times over the years a DXCC type endorsement has been
suggested !!??!!
   73 de
KF3AA      # 124

joe_molon@yahoo.com [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com>

Jerry,
If you
miss it, just do it all over again.
We could
call it WTWX2.  It would be an endorsement for those
select few that that just didn't get enough frustration
and ionospheric abuse the first time around! HA HA
HA.
73!
Joe
KA1PPV
#1482 (still sluggin it out on the first run
through!)

On Monday, June
9, 2014 10:02 PM, "Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net
[070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

As the ld saying goes, "Life is too short for QRP
" !

On Mon, 6/9/14, David Westbrook
dwestbrook@gmail.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Subject: Re: [070]
Some thoughts ...

general statement -- there's some
endorsement
changes coming in the near
future; but all new award ideas
i'm
adding to a list to consider around the Fall, and
I'm sure some 2015 calendar year awards
will result.
 Appreciate the patience
w/all the transition stuff -- no
hints, but
you guys won't be disappointed! :)

the 'nearly impossible', an idea
borrowed from the
3905 Century Club net, is
to work all 50 states in order of
admission
to the Union.
> Of course, if the
computer programming is too involved,
then
forget I said that.....

possibilities ....  And coding for it
should be fun :)
 and probably fairly
straightforward.

>  Maybe you should just try to do it
all
over again, like the county hunters
do.
Jerry -- try it QRP!  or single
band!

> for some reason, just
never got that excited about
that
endorsement. It's basically just searching for
letters and you will eventually get it . I just
think
challenges like working all SA, the
IOTA endorsement and
stuff like that is more
meaningful to me. (still looking for
Peru on
psk !!)

I share of the same
sentiment -- from a
programmer mindset, WTW
is defined to me as a purely
arbitrary
definition of "Work 367 A's, 57 B's,
72 C's, ... 28 Y's, 16 Z's for a
total of 2246
required QSOs",  and
"Work the World" is a
misnomer --
in theory you could finish it working all
California callsigns -- there's your
challenge Jerry!!
But
there's that compulsion to chase stickers :)
 and I had a lot fun programming the
checker for that one
too!

> maybe the next round of
WTW would use the
SECOND letter after the
numeral instead of the
first..how's
that?

what about 1x1 or 2x1
calls? ;)

> Let's
try to come up with a couple of
specific
ideas among us and float them up the chain.

Please do! I have had
member ideas already, and
will continue to
queue the ideas to review later this
year.

> As
long as you "relocate" the
required number of miles from your present QTH,
you would
get to start all over again, at
least as far as the ARRL is
concerned.
 I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to
that effect.

That rule (IIRC 50 miles) is for WAS;  for
DXCC
you can be anywhere within your dxcc
entity.   070 has no
conditions, aside
from the callsign rules.
> Perhaps you
could set up a remote shack QTH
some
distance away and operate it from home. 

I have on the list to consider
some kind of
remote operation award or event
... Haven't come up
w/any specifics yet,
but i think remote operation is a good
topic.

> As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of
lunacy
!
Only for those that
actually complete it!
:)If you want another
challenge, try 24x7 QRP or
single-band ...
 I think the latter would be especially
challenging.
One member had me
add a custom check to the endorsement
checker to chase 24x7 with only working one
specific other
member!! they're up to
34! 

> We have
quite a few members
outside of North
America.

that's an area
i'd like
to think of ways to grow,
too... on the long-term goals
list.

> I think any long term
award
should be something that is possible
to achieve by all. 
Not necessarily
easy but at least possible with the typical
station.

y,
WTW is more-or-less even, since (despite the
name) has zero geographic or band
bias.i'm
biased ;) but 24x7 is a good
"neutral" one too
... Some
are geographically biased (like yankee
clipper), but that's fine as long as
there's a
mix/balance (which I think we
have overall) ...

good discussions
everyone --
keep it coming!
73!--david
kj4izw

David Westbrook

I'll put it on the idea list, but i think there's a decently strong argument against not doing it, which is that it's covered pretty well by other groups already.   ARRL obviously (not specifcally PSK, but DATA),  and also eQSL which has a specifc PSK eDX award (and JT65, RTTY, SSB, CW).  eQSL also has PSK-specific WAS and PFX awards, too.

I like our existing dxcc subsets, like Central America and South America and China Clipper (though i'll prolly never get that one here on east coast).  
I probably won't ever get China Clipper from here on the right coast but still on the hunt for the elusive Nicaragua/YN and Guyana/8R!!

w/out giving anything away, one of ideas on the list i think will be a good one for those that liked WTW.

--david
kj4izw

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

iWhile it is possible to make DXCC (Basic 100 countries) the likelihood of getting to 150 or 200 is slim. Making Honor Roll (over 331 is pretty near impossible !); DXpeditions can't be bothered with another mode, especially something as slow as PSK31. Not to mention the "LIDs" who insist on sending the DX their "brag list" in the middle of a pileup !

I think a basic 100 country endorsement might be a good thing with possible stickers for increments of 5 or 10 much like the IOTA endorsement.

I'm at 127 countries worked, but I don't see more than a handful I could add to that.

Good idea.

Jerry N9AVY

On Tue, 6/10/14, KF3AA@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Several
suggested !!??!!
   73 de
KF3AA      # 124

joe_molon@... [070]" <070@...>

Jerry,
If you
We could
select few that that just didn't get enough frustration
HA.
73!
Joe
KA1PPV
through!)

On Monday, June
9, 2014 10:02 PM, "Jerry n9avy@...
[070]" <070@...> wrote:

" !

dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...>
wrote:

Some thoughts ...

endorsement
i'm
will result.
 Appreciate the patience
hints, but

borrowed from the
admission
to the Union.
> Of course, if the
then
forget I said that.....

and probably fairly
straightforward.

all
do.
band!

> for some reason, just
that
think
IOTA endorsement and
stuff like that is more
Peru on
psk !!)

I share of the same
sentiment -- from a
programmer mindset, WTW
arbitrary
total of 2246
required QSOs",  and
"Work the World" is a
misnomer --
challenge Jerry!!
But
checker for that one
too!

WTW would use the
SECOND letter after the
numeral instead of the
first..how's
that?

what about 1x1 or 2x1
calls? ;)

> Let's
specific

Please do! I have had
will continue to
year.

> As
you would
concerned.
 I don't know if 070 has any sort of rule to
that effect.

That rule (IIRC 50 miles) is for WAS;  for
DXCC
you can be anywhere within your dxcc
entity.   070 has no
conditions, aside
from the callsign rules.
> Perhaps you
could set up a remote shack QTH
some
distance away and operate it from home. 

I have on the list to consider
some kind of
remote operation award or event
... Haven't come up
w/any specifics yet,
but i think remote operation is a good
topic.

> As if the 24x7 wasn't another bit of
lunacy
!
Only for those that
actually complete it!
:)If you want another
challenge, try 24x7 QRP or
single-band ...
 I think the latter would be especially
challenging.
One member had me
add a custom check to the endorsement
checker to chase 24x7 with only working one
specific other
member!! they're up to
34! 

> We have
quite a few members
outside of North
America.

that's an area
i'd like
to think of ways to grow,
too... on the long-term goals
list.

> I think any long term
award
should be something that is possible
to achieve by all. 
Not necessarily
easy but at least possible with the typical
station.

y,
WTW is more-or-less even, since (despite the
name) has zero geographic or band
bias.i'm
biased ;) but 24x7 is a good
"neutral" one too
... Some
are geographically biased (like yankee
clipper), but that's fine as long as
there's a
mix/balance (which I think we
have overall) ...

good discussions
everyone --
keep it coming!
73!--david
kj4izw

Jerry N9AVY

David and all ...

Nothing could be worse the being in the "Black Hole" of the Midwest. We have to get through the 6's & 7's to work into Asia. As for Easterly stuff... well there are all the 1,2,3, 4 and 8 area stations to get through. As for 5's, that another subject . Mostly they all have more favorable propagation that than here in 9-land.

I'll probably never finish the China Clipper either. :-(

DXCC was a good idea and may still be because I don't play with Eqsl awards at all. Over the years, I've probably verified my fair share of bogus Eqsls; so, I don't do their awards.

I'm sure that someone will come up with a good idea for new endorsements.

Jerry N9AVY

On Tue, 6/10/14, David Westbrook dwestbrook@gmail.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 10:33 AM

I'll put it on the idea list,
but i think there's a decently strong argument against
not doing it, which is that it's covered pretty well by
other groups already.   ARRL obviously (not specifcally
PSK, but DATA),  and also eQSL which has a specifc PSK eDX
award (and JT65, RTTY, SSB, CW).  eQSL also has
PSK-specific WAS and PFX awards, too.

I like our existing dxcc subsets, like Central
America and South America and China Clipper (though i'll
prolly never get that one here on east coast).
 I probably won't ever get China Clipper
from here on the right coast but still on the hunt for the
elusive Nicaragua/YN and Guyana/8R!!

w/out giving anything away, one of ideas on the
list i think will be a good one for those that liked
WTW.
--davidkj4izw

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net
wrote:

iWhile it is possible to make DXCC (Basic 100
countries) the likelihood of getting to 150 or 200 is slim.
Making Honor Roll (over 331 is pretty near impossible !);
DXpeditions can't be bothered with another mode,
especially something as slow as PSK31. Not to mention the
"LIDs" who insist on sending the DX their
"brag list" in the middle of a pileup !

I think a basic 100 country endorsement might be a good
thing with possible stickers for increments of 5 or 10 much
like the IOTA endorsement.

I'm at 127 countries worked, but I don't see more
than a handful I could add to that.

Good idea.

Jerry N9AVY

On Tue, 6/10/14, KF3AA@comcast.net
wrote:

Several

suggested !!??!!

73 de

KF3AA      # 124

joe_molon@yahoo.com
[070]" <070@yahoogroups.com>

Jerry,

If you

We could

select few that that just didn't get enough
frustration

HA.

73!

Joe

KA1PPV

through!)

On Monday, June

9, 2014 10:02 PM, "Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net

[070]" <070@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

" !

dwestbrook@gmail.com

wrote:

Some thoughts ...

endorsement

i'm

will result.

Appreciate the patience

hints, but

borrowed from the

admission

to the Union.

> Of course, if the

then

forget I said that.....

and probably fairly

straightforward.

all

do.

band!

> for some reason, just

that

think

IOTA endorsement and

stuff like that is more

Peru on

psk !!)

I share of the same

sentiment -- from a

programmer mindset, WTW

arbitrary

total of 2246

required QSOs",  and

"Work the World" is a

misnomer --

challenge Jerry!!

But

checker for that one

too!

WTW would use the

SECOND letter after the

numeral instead of the

first..how's

that?

what about 1x1 or 2x1

calls? ;)

> Let's

specific

Please do! I have had

will continue to

year.

> As

you would

concerned.