From: Jerry <n9avy@sbcglobal.net>
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:50 PM
Subject: [070] Today on 20m

It was the usual "weekend warrior" mess with a bunch of WIDE signal and the usual rudeness.  However, there were a couple of bright spots today.

Actually heard a station ask "QRL ?"  (Is frequency busy ?)  before calling "CQ" ...  sign of a good operator.  Next, I helped a station in Maryland work a station in Idaho by telling Idaho station that the MD station was calling.  Got an email from MD station thanking me and that was a nice surprise !

Guess we can all be better/helpful operators, huh ?

Jerry  N9AVY

Nope Larry, wasn't me !  Saw you and tried to avoid you because I didn't want to step on you either.

Jerry  N9AVY

It was the usual "weekend warrior" mess with a bunch of WIDE signal and the usual rudeness.  However, there were a couple of bright spots today.

Actually heard a station ask "QRL ?"  (Is frequency busy ?)  before calling "CQ" ...  sign of a good operator.  Next, I helped a station in Maryland work a station in Idaho by telling Idaho station that the MD station was calling.  Got an email from MD station thanking me and that was a nice surprise !

Guess we can all be better/helpful operators, huh ?

Jerry  N9AVY

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
If you see me pls don't avoid me.
Still collecting A's.
Barry
VA7GEM 1470

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, Jerry wrote:

Nope Larry, wasn't me !  Saw you and tried to avoid you because I didn't want to step on you either.

Jerry  N9AVY

pegduck56 <pegduck56@...>

can one collect letters over and over from the same station? I thought it was 1 contact per station for WTW. Guess I need to revisit the rules !

TK, K7TRK

--- In mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com, Jerry wrote:

Nope Larry, wasn't me !  Saw you and tried to avoid you because I didn't want to step on you either.

Jerry  N9AVY

al7013

Once per worksheet.

Sent from my iPhone