A question ?

Jerry N9AVY

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England.  Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.  

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?   Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Randy Wright <kx1nh@...>

15m would be close in between Germany and England. It's possible that the German station didn't hear the English station and you were very strong. If I can only hear one side of the converstion I listen to a few qsos to get the station's signing clear pattern so I know when to call him..even so, without hearing the other station I could still be causing QRM.

I'd give the other 2 stations the benefit of the doubt

73 Randy KX1NH 070 1581

Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:33 PM
Subject: [070] A question ?

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England.  Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.  

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?   Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Guess I should turn off KW, huh ?   :-)

Jerry  N9AVY

(only 40 watts)

--- On Sun, 10/7/12, Randy Wright <kx1nh@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [070] A question ?
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 11:57 AM

15m would be close in between Germany and England. It's possible that the German station didn't hear the English station and you were very strong. If I can only hear one side of the converstion I listen to a few qsos to get the station's signing clear pattern so I know when to call him..even so, without hearing the other station I could still be causing QRM.

I'd give the other 2 stations the benefit of the doubt

73 Randy KX1NH 070 1581

To: 070@...

Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry,
Let's think this through. Is it very possible that the 2 DX stations weren't copying the station in England?
There have been many ocassions where I've seen a station sign off, and I've called them, only to have them go back 1 more time to the station I can't hear. Did that make me rude, or make me a station that thought the station I was calling had actually signed off?
Our pencils need not be that sharp when we can't know what the stations in EU are hearing.
Just another $.02 worth.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP 76

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:33 AM

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England. Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is : is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ? Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations. I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

They did this on first part of QSO with G-station and then after I sent it back to him they continued.   I give them the benefit of doubt, but they need to call only when I sign with other station and call CQ again or QRZ .

This happens often and I can usually sort things out, but today it was different plus I think I woke up on wrong side of bed, hi !

Jerry  n9avy

--- On Sun, 10/7/12, Milton Garb <n6mg@...> wrote:

Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 12:00 PM

Jerry,

Let's think this through. Is it very possible that the 2 DX stations weren't copying the station in England?

There have been many ocassions where I've seen a station sign off, and I've called them, only to have them go back 1 more time to the station I can't hear. Did that make me rude, or make me a station that thought the station I was calling had actually signed off?

Our pencils need not be that sharp when we can't know what the stations in EU are hearing.

Just another $.02 worth.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP 76

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England. Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is : is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ? Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations. I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry N9AVY

Mike Flowers

Hi Jerry,

Based on the comments from some very experienced DXers and my personal experience handling EU pileups as an op on the 3D2C DXpedition, I can tell you this is increasingly the norm.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "We do DX!"
Suva, Fiji

On Oct 8, 2012, at 4:33 AM, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry N9AVY

Larry

Congrats Jerry, thats exactly what should be done! Some stations, including U.S., think
if they call you enough times, even while you are in QSO with another station, you will
answer them just to get them the heck off freq.

You don't need to hear both sides of a QSO to know when it is finished.

My two cents wortj.

Larry WA7HDZ #404

Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:04 AM

They did this on first part of QSO with G-station and then after I sent it back to him they continued.   I give them the benefit of doubt, but they need to call only when I sign with other station and call CQ again or QRZ .

This happens often and I can usually sort things out, but today it was different plus I think I woke up on wrong side of bed, hi !

Jerry  n9avy

Jerry,

Just another $.02 worth.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP 76

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?  Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Jerry N9AVY

Almost makes me want to work them only to tell them they're not in log !   But I'm too nice....

--- On Sun, 10/7/12, Ld Rockne <pops435@...> wrote:

To: "070@..." <070@...>
Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 2:09 PM

Congrats Jerry, thats exactly what should be done! Some stations, including U.S., think

if they call you enough times, even while you are in QSO with another station, you will

answer them just to get them the heck off freq.

You don't need to hear both sides of a QSO to know when it is finished.

My two cents wortj.

Larry WA7HDZ #404

Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:04 AM

Jerry  n9avy

Jerry,

Just another $.02 worth.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP 76

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?  Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

lorenmcc2002 <lorenmcc@...>

Lately, when I have been answering CQs (sometimes to some rare DX station, at least for me), I have had several stations calling me on the same freq., totally obliterating any response from the station calling CQ and of course I won't answer them because it is not my freq. (and I am trying to work the station calling CQ). Now I realize that they may not hear the other station, but if I am making a specific call (not a CQ), why would you call me?

Loren - WA3WZR

--- In 070@..., Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

For the same reason that when it's your frequency and you've been sitting there calling CQ for over an hour, that they respond to your CQ and immediately take over the frequency and start calling CQ.  They just don't understand Amateur Radio courtesy....

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Mon, 10/8/12, lorenmcc2002 <lorenmcc@...> wrote:

Subject: [070] Re: A question ?
Date: Monday, October 8, 2012, 8:52 AM

Lately, when I have been answering CQs (sometimes to some rare DX station, at least for me), I have had several stations calling me on the same freq., totally obliterating any response from the station calling CQ and of course I won't answer them because it is not my freq. (and I am trying to work the station calling CQ). Now I realize that they may not hear the other station, but if I am making a specific call (not a CQ), why would you call me?

Loren - WA3WZR

--- In 070@..., Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry  N9AVY