From: Jerry <n9avy@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:33 PM
Subject: [070] A question ?

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England.  Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?   Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

Guess I should turn off KW, huh ?   :-)

Jerry  N9AVY

(only 40 watts)

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England. Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is : is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ? Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations. I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Mike Flowers

Hi Jerry,

Based on the comments from some very experienced DXers and my personal experience handling EU pileups as an op on the 3D2C DXpedition, I can tell you this is increasingly the norm.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "We do DX!"
Suva, Fiji

On Oct 8, 2012, at 4:33 AM, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England. Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is : is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ? Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations. I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Larry

Congrats Jerry, thats exactly what should be done! Some stations, including U.S., think
if they call you enough times, even while you are in QSO with another station, you will
answer them just to get them the heck off freq.

You don't need to hear both sides of a QSO to know when it is finished.

My two cents wortj.

Larry WA7HDZ #404

________________________________

From: Milton Garb <n6mg@...>

To: 070@...

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England.  Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?  Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

lorenmcc2002 <lorenmcc@...>

Lately, when I have been answering CQs (sometimes to some rare DX station, at least for me), I have had several stations calling me on the same freq., totally obliterating any response from the station calling CQ and of course I won't answer them because it is not my freq. (and I am trying to work the station calling CQ). Now I realize that they may not hear the other station, but if I am making a specific call (not a CQ), why would you call me?

Loren - WA3WZR

--- In 070@..., Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

This morning I was doing my usual CQing on 15m when I got into a conversation with a station in England.  Before I could even sign with him I had 2 station (Italy & Germany) cover up the English station by calling me.

So, my question is :  is this typical rude behavior these days or just a couple of impatient newbies ?   Needless to say, I didn't work either of two stations.  I've handled pileups before and most have been patient enough to standby until I finished QSO.

Jerry  N9AVY

For the same reason that when it's your frequency and you've been sitting there calling CQ for over an hour, that they respond to your CQ and immediately take over the frequency and start calling CQ.  They just don't understand Amateur Radio courtesy....

Jerry  N9AVY