Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

Barry try this site:http://www.qsl.net/g3yrc/IOTA/IOTA-Index.htm
Justin KC2GIK 751

On 10/5/2012 11:28 PM, boat.anchor wrote:

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island
How do I figure out the IOTA
Barry VA7GEM 1470

Barry,
I did a little looking and couldnt find it using the official IOTA lists. That doesnt mean anything other than I couldnt find it.
As I'm sure you know, if it's a fresh water surrounded island, there isnt an IOTA number for it, as in a lot of the Pacific N'West islands, ya know?
Maybe our IOTA Award Manager may have some idea's?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

----- Original Message -----
To: 070@...
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 8:28 PM
Subject: [070] RX0L/P

Barry VA7GEM 1470

Jerry N9AVY

Checked my IOTA book and there is an R0X Listed for Skala Is. which seems close; so, it's probably AS-091 . 

Other Russia Islands are listed with calls/indicators after IOTA number as R0B, R0K, R0Q, R0Z, R0C, R0l, and R0F

Listed as R0X is also SHELIKHOVA BAY group (=Dobrzhanskogo, Konus, Ptichiy, Rovnyy, Skala, Tretiy, Zubchatyy)   These are AS-091 group islands.

The only other R0X is AS-064  Bering Sea Coast group (=Karaginskiy, , Verkhoturova)

That's all I got !   Good luck with Russian names !

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Fri, 10/5/12, Milton Garb <n6mg@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [070] RX0L/P
Date: Friday, October 5, 2012, 11:02 PM

Barry,

I did a little looking and couldnt find it using the official IOTA lists. That doesnt mean anything other than I couldnt find it.

As I'm sure you know, if it's a fresh water surrounded island, there isnt an IOTA number for it, as in a lot of the Pacific N'West islands, ya know?

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

Barry VA7GEM 1470

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ted <trkrempa@...>

of course, unless Ral finds it, it ain't gonna count for the IOTA endorsement !!  Ral has a sharp eye for these things...

GL, K7TRK

Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 9:22 PM

Checked my IOTA book and there is an R0X Listed for Skala Is. which seems close; so, it's probably AS-091 . 

Other Russia Islands are listed with calls/indicators after IOTA number as R0B, R0K, R0Q, R0Z, R0C, R0l, and R0F

Listed as R0X is also SHELIKHOVA BAY group (=Dobrzhanskogo, Konus, Ptichiy, Rovnyy, Skala, Tretiy, Zubchatyy)   These are AS-091 group islands.

The only other R0X is AS-064  Bering Sea Coast group (=Karaginskiy, , Verkhoturova)

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Fri, 10/5/12, Milton Garb <mailto:n6mg%40verizon.net> wrote:

To: mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com

Barry,

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

To: mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com

Barry VA7GEM 1470

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
TVM

AS-091 is in the NE corner of Sea of Okhotsk - Shelikhova Bay group. This is too far north.

If you go to Google and search for "http://mapcarta.com/25190360" you will find the island about 30Kms from Nakhodka which is the home of RX0L.

From the DX cluster I found the comment " RR-16-13, PK-28 ".
No idea what this means.

Still looking
Barry
VA7GEM/1470

--- In 070@..., Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jerry  N9AVY

Barry,

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

Barry VA7GEM 1470

Jerry N9AVY

There was some mention of RX0L/p, but the pages were in Russian and I couldn't translate them.  Browser just kept running and timed out.  Anyhow, that was my best educated guess from my 11th Edition of IOTA Directory.  

You might check online for 425 DX Bulletin  (Italy, but English version) as there is usually IOTA info there for current operations.

Good luck !

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Sat, 10/6/12, boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...> wrote:

Subject: [070] Re: RX0L/P
Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 8:55 AM

Jerry

TVM

AS-091 is in the NE corner of Sea of Okhotsk - Shelikhova Bay group. This is too far north.

If you go to Google and search for "http://mapcarta.com/25190360" you will find the island about 30Kms from Nakhodka which is the home of RX0L.

No idea what this means.

Still looking

Barry

VA7GEM/1470

Jerry  N9AVY

Barry,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
Barry VA7GEM 1470

Jerry N9AVY

Just searched 425 DX News .. "non travato"  or not found.  Maybe have to wait a week or so to find RX0L/p in print with IOTA #.

Happy hunting !

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Sat, 10/6/12, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [070] Re: RX0L/P
Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 9:01 AM

There was some mention of RX0L/p, but the pages were in Russian and I couldn't translate them.  Browser just kept running and timed out.  Anyhow, that was my best educated guess from my 11th Edition of IOTA Directory.  

You might check online for 425 DX Bulletin  (Italy, but English version) as there is usually IOTA info there for current operations.

Good luck !

Jerry  N9AVY

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 8:55 AM

Jerry

TVM

No idea what this means.

Still looking

Barry

VA7GEM/1470

Jerry  N9AVY

Barry,

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

Barry VA7GEM 1470

Steve W3HF

A GoogleSearch on "RX0L/P" yielded the following hit:

http://ea1cs.blogspot.com/2012/10/rx0lp-cruiser-is.html

But I don't speak Spanish. So translate.google.com (with a little help from me) says that the main section of the page says:

"Alex RU0LM / October 3, 2012

From 5 to 7 October the RX0L/P station will be active from the Island Cruiser (NO IOTA), RDA Pk-28 and RR (NEW ONE), with a large group of operators on all HF bands other than 160 meters. Cruiser Island is located in the southern part of the northeast coast of Primorye.

This operation is organized to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Radio Club RX0L. Contacts will be confirmed with a full color QSL. On 6 October, operators will move the the station to the top of Mt. Livadia (height 1331 meters), where it will operate VHF.

73's, Luis EA1CS"

That would seem to imply that this island doesn't qualify under IOTA rules.

Steve
W3HF

Jerry N9AVY

Bummer !    I, too, was hoping for an IOTA.

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Sat, 10/6/12, melachri <w3hf@...> wrote:

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 10:07 AM

A GoogleSearch on "RX0L/P" yielded the following hit:

http://ea1cs.blogspot.com/2012/10/rx0lp-cruiser-is.html

But I don't speak Spanish. So translate.google.com (with a little help from me) says that the main section of the page says:

"Alex RU0LM / October 3, 2012

From 5 to 7 October the RX0L/P station will be active from the Island Cruiser (NO IOTA), RDA Pk-28 and RR (NEW ONE), with a large group of operators on all HF bands other than 160 meters. Cruiser Island is located in the southern part of the northeast coast of Primorye.

This operation is organized to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Radio Club RX0L. Contacts will be confirmed with a full color QSL. On 6 October, operators will move the the station to the top of Mt. Livadia (height 1331 meters), where it will operate VHF.

73's, Luis EA1CS"

That would seem to imply that this island doesn't qualify under IOTA rules.

Steve

W3HF

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
Looks like no IOTA but nice contact never the less.
Island Cruiser (Cruiser) in ether, RR NEW ONE October 3, 2012 12:35
Source: RU0LM | RU0LM@...
From 5 to 7 October 2012 is planned to work RX0L / P from the Island Cruiser (RDA: PK-28, RR-NEW ONE). Island Cruiser (Cruiser Bank) located in the southern part of the North-east coast of Primorye in the picturesque location of the guerrilla zone. Working with Island Cruiser is timed to the 10th anniversary of the founding of the federation radio sports in Nakhodka and 10-th anniversary of the founding of the Radio Club RX0L ex. RX0LYP "RUSSIAN EXTREME".
He plans to work on all amateur bands (except 160 m).
Armament: 2 generator power of 2.5 kW and 2, Transceivers Japanese, 1 amp to 500 watts, antenna: INV "V" -3,5; 7, 10. XL-222 for the 14, 18, 21, 24, 28 MHz.
In conducting the anniversary celebration in the Bay Trehozerya and work with the island cruiser involved the following stations: Nakhodka - RU0LM Alexander (RXC # 1), RA0LFN Andrew (RXC # 2), RA0LHI Sergei (RXC # 3), UA0LCW Vladimir (RXC # 87) , UB0LEV Kirill (RXC # 91), RA0LME Sergei (RXC # 75), UA0LTE Yuri, RW0LIV Anatoly, RA0LGG Igor (RXC # 53), UA0LSY Alexander (RXC # 65), RW0LAX Victor (RXC # 54), UB0LCC Dmitry ( RXC # 71), UB0LFA Dmitry (RXC # 105), and XYL's family and hams. City Partizansk - RW0LBM Igor (RXC # 10), UB0LFB Edward (RXC # 92). Vladivostok - RU0LW (ex. RW0LCK) Nicholas (RXC # 84) and others ...
Program: 05.10., Friday - the opening of the camp beach Trehozere, checking of equipment, boats, rescue equipment, the selection of the landing site (intelligence) to the island, sauna, communication. 06.10., Saturday - landing on the island, and the deployment of active work in the air, excursions, photo sessions. 07.10. - Minimize the Shack on the island, landing on the beach Trehozere. Summing up the results of the expedition, and radio host ...
As a result of the radio station RX0L / P will issue separate colorful QSL-cards stamped all callsign celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Radio Club "Russian Extreme" and the Fed Nakhodka.
October 6, 2012 while working in the air from the island cruiser, will rise a group of people led by Arkady UB0LET (Nakhodka = RXC # 103) on one of the highest peaks of the Primorsky Territory - Mount Livadia (RDA, altitude 1332 m). At about 14.00 - 15.00 will establish radio communications on VHF frequencies for 145.450/433.020 with everyone hold QSO c UB0LET / P (from the mountain RDA) and the camp radio in the Bay Trehozere.
See you on the air.
PS radio ham, which will hold a RX0L / P Tenth radio receive prizes from the Radio Club RUSSIAN EXTREME ...
The head of the Radio Club RX0L "Russian extreme"
Alexander Morozov, RU0LM, 73!
UNQUOTE
all the best
Barry
VA7GEM/1470

Jerry N9AVY

Ya win some... ya lose some !  Let's find more IOTA's !  

The hunt for IOTA's has also increased my regular (non-PSK) total and 300 may be a reality in a few months. Still going to be hard to catch the guys with 600-700.

Jerry  N9AVY

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 1:55 PM

Jerry

Looks like no IOTA but nice contact never the less.

Island Cruiser (Cruiser) in ether, RR NEW ONE October 3, 2012 12:35

Source: RU0LM | RU0LM@...

From 5 to 7 October 2012 is planned to work RX0L / P from the Island Cruiser (RDA: PK-28, RR-NEW ONE). Island Cruiser (Cruiser Bank) located in the southern part of the North-east coast of Primorye in the picturesque location of the guerrilla zone. Working with Island Cruiser is timed to the 10th anniversary of the founding of the federation radio sports in Nakhodka and 10-th anniversary of the founding of the Radio Club RX0L ex. RX0LYP "RUSSIAN EXTREME".

He plans to work on all amateur bands (except 160 m).

Armament: 2 generator power of 2.5 kW and 2, Transceivers Japanese, 1 amp to 500 watts, antenna: INV "V" -3,5; 7, 10. XL-222 for the 14, 18, 21, 24, 28 MHz.

In conducting the anniversary celebration in the Bay Trehozerya and work with the island cruiser involved the following stations: Nakhodka - RU0LM Alexander (RXC # 1), RA0LFN Andrew (RXC # 2), RA0LHI Sergei (RXC # 3), UA0LCW Vladimir (RXC # 87) , UB0LEV Kirill (RXC # 91), RA0LME Sergei (RXC # 75), UA0LTE Yuri, RW0LIV Anatoly, RA0LGG Igor (RXC # 53), UA0LSY Alexander (RXC # 65), RW0LAX Victor (RXC # 54), UB0LCC Dmitry ( RXC # 71), UB0LFA Dmitry (RXC # 105), and XYL's family and hams. City Partizansk - RW0LBM Igor (RXC # 10), UB0LFB Edward (RXC # 92). Vladivostok - RU0LW (ex. RW0LCK) Nicholas (RXC # 84) and others ...

Program: 05.10., Friday - the opening of the camp beach Trehozere, checking of equipment, boats, rescue equipment, the selection of the landing site (intelligence) to the island, sauna, communication. 06.10., Saturday - landing on the island, and the deployment of active work in the air, excursions, photo sessions. 07.10. - Minimize the Shack on the island, landing on the beach Trehozere. Summing up the results of the expedition, and radio host ...

As a result of the radio station RX0L / P will issue separate colorful QSL-cards stamped all callsign celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Radio Club "Russian Extreme" and the Fed Nakhodka.

October 6, 2012 while working in the air from the island cruiser, will rise a group of people led by Arkady UB0LET (Nakhodka = RXC # 103) on one of the highest peaks of the Primorsky Territory - Mount Livadia (RDA, altitude 1332 m). At about 14.00 - 15.00 will establish radio communications on VHF frequencies for 145.450/433.020 with everyone hold QSO c UB0LET / P (from the mountain RDA) and the camp radio in the Bay Trehozere.

See you on the air.

PS radio ham, which will hold a RX0L / P Tenth radio receive prizes from the Radio Club RUSSIAN EXTREME ...

The head of the Radio Club RX0L "Russian extreme"

Alexander Morozov, RU0LM, 73!

UNQUOTE

all the best

Barry

VA7GEM/1470