RX0L/P

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island
How do I figure out the IOTA
Barry VA7GEM 1470

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

Barry try this site:http://www.qsl.net/g3yrc/IOTA/IOTA-Index.htm
Justin KC2GIK 751

On 10/5/2012 11:28 PM, boat.anchor wrote:

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island
How do I figure out the IOTA
Barry VA7GEM 1470

Barry,
I did a little looking and couldnt find it using the official IOTA lists. That doesnt mean anything other than I couldnt find it.
As I'm sure you know, if it's a fresh water surrounded island, there isnt an IOTA number for it, as in a lot of the Pacific N'West islands, ya know?
Maybe our IOTA Award Manager may have some idea's?
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island

How do I figure out the IOTA

Barry VA7GEM 1470

Ted <trkrempa@...>

of course, unless Ral finds it, it ain't gonna count for the IOTA endorsement !!  Ral has a sharp eye for these things...

GL, K7TRK

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island

How do I figure out the IOTA

Barry VA7GEM 1470

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Jerry
TVM

AS-091 is in the NE corner of Sea of Okhotsk - Shelikhova Bay group. This is too far north.

If you go to Google and search for "http://mapcarta.com/25190360" you will find the island about 30Kms from Nakhodka which is the home of RX0L.

From the DX cluster I found the comment " RR-16-13, PK-28 ".
No idea what this means.

Still looking
Barry
VA7GEM/1470

From: boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>
Subject: [070] Re: RX0L/P
To: 070@...
Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 8:55 AM

Jerry

TVM

AS-091 is in the NE corner of Sea of Okhotsk - Shelikhova Bay group. This is too far north.

If you go to Google and search for "http://mapcarta.com/25190360" you will find the island about 30Kms from Nakhodka which is the home of RX0L.

From the DX cluster I found the comment " RR-16-13, PK-28 ".

No idea what this means.

Still looking

Barry

VA7GEM/1470

--- In 070@..., Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Checked my IOTA book and there is an R0X Listed for Skala Is. which seems close; so, it's probably AS-091 .
Other Russia Islands are listed with calls/indicators after IOTA number as R0B, R0K, R0Q, R0Z, R0C, R0l, and R0F
Listed as R0X is also SHELIKHOVA BAY group (=Dobrzhanskogo, Konus, Ptichiy, Rovnyy, Skala, Tretiy, Zubchatyy)   These are AS-091 group islands.
The only other R0X is AS-064  Bering Sea Coast group (=Karaginskiy, , Verkhoturova)
That's all I got !   Good luck with Russian names !
Jerry  N9AVY
Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island
How do I figure out the IOTA
Barry VA7GEM 1470

Just searched 425 DX News .. "non travato"  or not found.  Maybe have to wait a week or so to find RX0L/p in print with IOTA #.

Happy hunting !

Jerry  N9AVY

From: boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

To: 070@...

Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 8:55 AM

Jerry

TVM

AS-091 is in the NE corner of Sea of Okhotsk - Shelikhova Bay group. This is too far north.

If you go to Google and search for "http://mapcarta.com/25190360" you will find the island about 30Kms from Nakhodka which is the home of RX0L.

From the DX cluster I found the comment " RR-16-13, PK-28 ".

No idea what this means.

Still looking

Barry

VA7GEM/1470

From: Milton Garb <n6mg@...>

To: 070@...

Wrkd Vladimir working spec event from Ostrov Skala Kreyser Island

How do I figure out the IOTA

Barry VA7GEM 1470

Steve W3HF

A GoogleSearch on "RX0L/P" yielded the following hit:

http://ea1cs.blogspot.com/2012/10/rx0lp-cruiser-is.html

But I don't speak Spanish. So translate.google.com (with a little help from me) says that the main section of the page says:

"Alex RU0LM / October 3, 2012

From 5 to 7 October the RX0L/P station will be active from the Island Cruiser (NO IOTA), RDA Pk-28 and RR (NEW ONE), with a large group of operators on all HF bands other than 160 meters. Cruiser Island is located in the southern part of the northeast coast of Primorye.

This operation is organized to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Radio Club RX0L. Contacts will be confirmed with a full color QSL. On 6 October, operators will move the the station to the top of Mt. Livadia (height 1331 meters), where it will operate VHF.

73's, Luis EA1CS"

That would seem to imply that this island doesn't qualify under IOTA rules.

Bummer !    I, too, was hoping for an IOTA.

Jerry  N9AVY