what is that heartbeat signal near 14.070 -1660 or so ?

n3vxk <pete@...>

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

n3vxk <pete@...>

looks like it stopped - ran from from 14:40 - 15:10 Z
maybe an automatic antenna tuner stuck ..

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "n3vxk" <pete@...> wrote:

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

igwt1939 <igwt1939@...>

At 14076 it is JT65.
KO4PU

From: n3vxk <pete@n3vxk.us>
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:06 AM

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

I have also noticed a Propnet automated station just about 14.070 +1500 originating out of AZ.
Maybe a good Samaritan should wander over and explain that Propnet should be at 14.097
http://www.propnet.org/
regards
Barry
VA7GEM 1470

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "ljl2002@..." <joe_molon@...> wrote:

Maybe it's someone going a little APE??? HI HI HI.

Sorry I had to. :-)

See what I mean Mike???  Hall time big time!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

Ted <trkrempa@...>

those stupid Propnet beacons are a pet peeve for me. But, I have looked closely in Part 97 and they seem to be legal in any part of the band

Ted, K7TRK

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

Rather than get our briefs wadded in a knot, I like Joe's attitude.
:-)
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

those stupid Propnet beacons are a pet peeve for me. But, I have looked closely in Part 97 and they seem to be legal in any part of the band

Ted, K7TRK

I have also noticed a Propnet automated station just about 14.070 +1500 originating out of AZ.
Maybe a good Samaritan should wander over and explain that Propnet should be at 14.097
http://www.propnet.org/
regards
Barry
VA7GEM 1470

--- In mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com, "ljl2002@..." <joe_molon@...> wrote:

> Maybe it's someone going a little APE??? HI HI HI.
> Sorry I had to. :-)
> See what I mean Mike??? Hall time big time!
> Joe
> KA1PPVÂ #1482

Mike Besemer \(WM4B <mwbesemer@...>

Only if they are attended.

Mike
WM4B

those stupid Propnet beacons are a pet peeve for me. But, I have looked closely in Part 97 and they seem to be legal in any part of the band

Ted, K7TRK

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete
de N3VXK

Yes.  If unattended they are in violation of part 97. But, you have to prove it.

Jerry N9AVY

From: n3vxk <pete@...>
To: mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:06 AM
Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...
Thanks
Pete
de N3VXK

Mike / Jerry,
I'm confused...are we talking about briefs or beacons?
Oh well, perhaps my XYL is right and I need to get back on my med's...
Have a good day everyone.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Yes. If unattended they are in violation of part 97. But, you have to prove it.

Jerry N9AVY

those stupid Propnet beacons are a pet peeve for me. But, I have looked closely in Part 97 and they seem to be legal in any part of the band

Ted, K7TRK

I have also noticed a Propnet automated station just about 14.070 +1500 originating out of AZ.

Maybe a good Samaritan should wander over and explain that Propnet should be at 14.097

http://www.propnet.org/

regards

Barry

VA7GEM 1470

--- In mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com, "ljl2002@..." <joe_molon@...> wrote:

> Maybe it's someone going a little APE??? HI HI HI.

> Sorry I had to. :-)

> See what I mean Mike??? Hall time big time!

> Joe

> KA1PPVÂ #1482

> --- On Tue, 8/21/12, n3vxk <pete@...> wrote:

> From: n3vxk <pete@...>

> Subject: [070] what is that heartbeat signal near 14.070 -1660 or so ?

> To: mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com

> Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:06 AM

> Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

> Thanks

> Pete

> de N3VXK

Mike was referring to beacons (and similar transmiiters) which are not permitted in HF bands in U.S. other than 10m if it is unattended.  Automatic transmissions must have a control operator on the premises at all times. Part 97:203.

Think this was in response to an earlier question about Prop Net stations/beacons.

Jerry  N9AVY

From: Mike Besemer (WM4B <mwbesemer@cox.net>

To: 070@yahoogroups.com

Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 2:11 PM

Only if they are attended.

Mike

WM4B

From: boat.anchor <boat.anchor@yahoo.ca>

From: n3vxk <pete@...>

To: mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com

Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:06 AM

Can anyone identifiy that signal ? It looks like a heartbeat monitor. Looks like it's not US ...

Thanks

Pete

de N3VXK

Mike Besemer \(WM4B <mwbesemer@...>

Jerry is correct, however in my experience (married to the same XYL for over 20 years) unattended briefs can also be a bit of a problem. Especially if she trips on them on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

73,

Mike
WM4B