From: Radio
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 10:23 AM
Subject: [070] 160m

Hello All,

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely] made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Daniel Severance

OK, if we have until the end of the month I'll try to get something going here - if not, I'll be back in CT on the 18th so will try you from there...

73
Dan
N6ERD

________________________________
Tell me when. My rotatable antenna for 160m should be able to make it from my valley to yours.
1.807 mHz ok with you?
Milt.
N6MG

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely] made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Hi Milt,

Thanks for the reply. I am home now and will get on 1.807 now.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jul 3, 2012, at 4:02 PM, Milton Garb wrote:

Eric,
Can we give it a try?
Tell me when. My rotatable antenna for 160m should be able to make it from my valley to yours.
1.807 mHz ok with you?
Milt.
N6MG

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely] made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Gimme as minute.
Milt.
N6MG

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely] made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Daniel Severance

You guys are likely close enough to work ground wave :)

I had to do QRZ to figure out where you were - didn't know the city.

I've worked many a contest running the bands with friends who are close, doing 160M with the tuner screaming but if you are close you really don't need a proper antenna (and Chuck during the TDW before I got the 80M dipole modified to work as a T-hat).

Will scramble to get all of the antennas fixed when I get back there on the 18th - all of the feedlines are dropped down into my hostas so it shouldn't take long.  I have a line running out of my window so I can pull them back in (if I hadn't had a break in I probably would have left them running into the house but now...).

Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

________________________________

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely]
made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must
come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Eric,
Calling you on 1.807 mHz, +1000
Milt.
N6MG

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely] made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Nothing heard . I am going to try 1.838 now...

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely]
made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must
come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

ok...I'll listen for you there.
Milt.

Nothing heard . I am going to try 1.838 now...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:21 PM, Daniel Severance <daniel_severance@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You guys are likely close enough to work ground wave :)
>
> I had to do QRZ to figure out where you were - didn't know the city.
>
> I've worked many a contest running the bands with friends who are close, doing 160M with the tuner screaming but if you are close you really don't need a proper antenna (and Chuck during the TDW before I got the 80M dipole modified to work as a T-hat).
>
> Will scramble to get all of the antennas fixed when I get back there on the 18th - all of the feedlines are dropped down into my hostas so it shouldn't take long. I have a line running out of my window so I can pull them back in (if I hadn't had a break in I probably would have left them running into the house but now...).
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
> N6ERD
>
> ________________________________

Daniel Severance

surprised you don't hear each other - both are USB?
Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

________________________________

________________________________

________________________________
Nothing heard . I am going to try 1.838 now...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:21 PM, Daniel Severance <daniel_severance@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You guys are likely close enough to work ground wave :)
>
> I had to do QRZ to figure out where you were - didn't know the city.
>
> I've worked many a contest running the bands with friends who are close, doing 160M with the tuner screaming but if you are close you really don't need a proper antenna (and Chuck during the TDW before I got the 80M dipole modified to work as a T-hat).
>
> Will scramble to get all of the antennas fixed when I get back there on the 18th - all of the feedlines are dropped down into my hostas so it shouldn't take long. I have a line running out of my window so I can pull them back in (if I hadn't had a break in I probably would have left them running into the house but now...).
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
> N6ERD
>
> ________________________________

Thanks for trying Milt. I didn't see you anywhere. I am running a K3 set on DATA. I think this is essentially USB. The waterfall is above the set frequency.

I did hear N5JDT in New Mexico again last night. Actually I was already asleep, but PSK Reporter recorded his call. I did work him two nights ago, so I have my very first 160m contact!

I will be on again tonight....

Thanks again.

Eric

PS; Dan, it took me 8 years to finally string up enough wire to work this band! :)

Yup.

________________________________

________________________________

I finally got enough wire in the air to work 160m. Last night I [barely]
made my first contact. This antenna is a limited time offer as it must
come down when the XYL comes home at the end of the month.

Anybody want to set a sked for 160?

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Eric,
Shoot me a message when you do it tonight. I'm going to change the orientation my rotatable dipole.
Perhaps part of our problem last night was timing. We were way early.
Milt
N6MG