WTW checker & xls workbook

David Westbrook

The endorsement check fully supports the new WTW award series ...
Simply use the endorsement checker
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/
And there is now a "WTW" link on your report.

And here is a workbook for tracking progress, which includes dupes checking
and statistics:
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.xls
It also includes stats on the endorsements themselves, like number of
letters needed per endorsement, distribution of letters, etc.

Any questions/issues/comments, please let me know!

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

Jim K5SP

If you do not have Excel, you can use the cloud, and skydrive for your
worksheets. Skydrive will store your sheets, and it has a version of
Excel for you to use to alter the excel spreadsheets.

Jim, K5SP

On 6/30/2012 8:02 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

The endorsement check fully supports the new WTW award series ...
Simply use the endorsement checker
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/
And there is now a "WTW" link on your report.

And here is a workbook for tracking progress, which includes dupes
checking
and statistics:
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.xls
It also includes stats on the endorsements themselves, like number of
letters needed per endorsement, distribution of letters, etc.

Any questions/issues/comments, please let me know!

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

David Westbrook

If you don't have Excel, you can simply use the online Endorsement Checker
to track progress, and it also generates a text file you can submit to Milt
(which is designed for him to simply drop into the excel workbook so it
saves him a lot of time).

--david
KJ4IZW

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Jim Innis <jinnis@swbell.net> wrote:

[...]

al7013

There is also google docs

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 1, 2012, at 11:10 AM, "Jim Innis" <jinnis@swbell.net> wrote:

[...]

Dan Morris <dbm72941mo@...>

David -- I downloaded the Workbook but not sure how or what I do to enter the calls I work ??

Dan Morris KZ3T 10-10# 41015
dbm72941mo@roadrunner.com

On Jun 30, 2012, at 9:02 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

The endorsement check fully supports the new WTW award series ...
Simply use the endorsement checker
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/
And there is now a "WTW" link on your report.

And here is a workbook for tracking progress, which includes dupes checking
and statistics:
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.xls
It also includes stats on the endorsements themselves, like number of
letters needed per endorsement, distribution of letters, etc.

Any questions/issues/comments, please let me know!

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

David Westbrook

You can manually fill in your qso info in the "WORKSHEET" tab (columns
E->I) as you go (check the "summary" tab for progress/errors as you go) ...

OR .... the better way :)

Upload your .ADIF log here:
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker
Then go to your endorsement report that it generates (good stuff there,
too!!), and click the "WTW" link.
This gives you your progress ... Note that it automatically figures
out what each QSO is valid for, and where to use it to complete an
endorsement the soonest.
Then when ready to submit (no need to do it earlier, since endorsement
checker report takes care of all logic/dup checking), click the "Download
your QSO Data - XLS" link .... copy/paste all that in the the "WORKSHEET"
tab (colums B->I) in the workbook. check the "Summary" tab in the workbook
for your progress and errors.

I haven't done much yet (4 QSO's!), but as an example, see my WTW progress
report, and you'll see how it starts to fill out:

http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.cgi?callsign=KJ4IZW

--david
KJ4IZW

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Dan Morris <dbm72941mo@roadrunner.com>wrote:

[...]

Thanks David -- I'll check it out --

Dan Morris KZ3T 070# 1065
dbm72941mo@roadrunner.com

On Jul 1, 2012, at 9:54 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

[...]

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

David
I downloaded the WTW checker and hand-loaded 17 Qs. I must be doing something
wrong. I put the data in the appropriate columns and when I hit ENTER after
changing date format...no joy.
wassup?
tia
Paul, NU4C

May I say something?
Good and thanks.
What do I do? I run my log through David's KJ4IZW Award Checker.
I then go to the WTW page after my log is through running.
That gives me a completed report named "070-WTW.xls"
You can review it, print all or any part of it, SAVE IT, AND when you've completed an Award segment, you can email it to me!
Great system! Very simple and it makes paper work easier for everybody.
Of course, as with the WOTMC that I also check the logs for, I'm a volunteer and will accept and review any log that is sent, regardless of the format, (except .adi., farsi or poshtu.)
Just my opinion, and thanks to David, once again, for a super contribution to the Club!
Milt.
N6MG
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker