Work The World has Arrived!

Fellow members,
I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Milt, Charlie, et al
This I really like.
thanks very much
Barry
VA7GEM
1470

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "w6qe.milt" <n6mg@...> wrote:

Fellow members,
I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

al7013

Thanks Milt
This will be a fun challenge. Great idea now to get the shack cooled down to get started.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2012, at 7:46 PM, "w6qe.milt" <n6mg@verizon.net> wrote:

Fellow members,
I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

ljl2002@att.net

Milt,

I must say that you certainly have outdone even the wildest speculation.

Er...how many lifetimes do we get to complete this????  I think I will have to use up all nine!

Many thanks for all the effort.

Joe
KA1PPV #1482

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

Oh good grief Joe. There's only 2,233 total contacts involved. :-)
They will be a Scoring Tool on David's website as soon as he releases it. He was awaiting our announcement on the 070 website.
It gives a comprehensive breakdown as to continent and country and how many of each letter is involved.
We're 23 minutes into it already.
Have fun.
Milt. Garb
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

Mike Flowers

Yeah. 6, maybe 9 months tops. A year if you sleep ...

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Milton Garb <n6mg@verizon.net> wrote:

**

[...]

*
73 de Mike, K6MKF
*

ljl2002@att.net

Milt,

Don't forget that I only own a total of just over 600 QSO's accumulated over about 6 years of "serious" operating.  It goes really slowly when you use 1.5W.

You can bet that I will give it my best shot.

And I thought that LONP was going to take a long time. HI HI

Joe
KA1PPV # 1482

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the
PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and
pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to
get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a
little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

*
73 de Mike, K6MKF
*

Joe,
May I ask what your antenna is?
Milt.

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

ljl2002@att.net

Milt,

The only thing I can fit on this property is a vertical.  I use a Diamond BB7V. I'll bet you thought that I was using a dummy load right?  Unfortunately the only good "wire" trees are on my neighbors properties.  They wouldn't take kindly to me draping anything over their trees.  I just installed it one day and I haven't gotten any flak so far.  Hopefully it will stay that way although there is no radiation danger at my power levels.
A tower is a definite no-no. I'm just trying not to attract any attention.
A former neighbor actually thought that it was an antenna to pick up that new digital TV stuff.  I did my best to explain what it was in laymans terms but all I got was a puzzled look.
You talk to who? Where?  Waddya gonna do.

73 (yawn)

I'll start climbing "Everest" tomorrow.

Joe
KA1PPV # 1482

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

Daniel Severance

Joe,
   I'll be back in CT for a few days mid-month so you can work me again then :)
   73
Dan
N6ERD

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

Daniel Severance

Best you can do is tell them it's for digital TV and then they can't argue (no one can prevent you from putting up Over The Air TV antennas by FCC decree).
Cheers,
Dan

________________________________

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

ljl2002@att.net

Dan,

Great.  I'll be looking fer ya.

73
Joe
KA1PPV #1482

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

ljl2002@att.net

Dan,

Now there's an idea.  I could tell them that I am involved in researching the next generation "receive all" antennas for TV or whatever.  That way I could change up the config anytime I wanted to. HI HI.

Joe
KA1PPV #1482

I'm pleased to announce the "Work The World" has now been unveiled at the PODXS 070 Club website!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ's 1st, then review the spreadsheets and pdf files.

"Work The World" isn't a Sprint. It's an award to encourage everyone to get on the air more, perhaps to participate in our operating events a little more and have a more enjoyable time with psk31.
Enjoy and,
N6MG
70-650
W T W Boss
WOTMC Log Checker

David Westbrook

The shortest endorsement is SA with 84 QSO's needed (and longest Africa
with 441) ...
The endorsement checker automatically fills in the blanks to complete the
"shortest" endorsements first :)
See your endorsement checker report or the workbook (
http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.xls ) for more stats
on the various endorsements & letters ... e.g. for the whole thing need
363 "A"'s!

--david
KJ4IZW

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM, ljl2002@att.net <joe_molon@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

[...]

Arthur Peters <k0acp@...>

Hot Dog, I'll be passing out A's for the Firecracker Sprint ...

73,

Art
070# 1140
LONP # 164
K0ACP@arrl.net

On Jul 1, 2012, at 7:54 AM, David Westbrook wrote:

[...]

There is a guy who was far enough away he was able to put up a tower for the purposes of over the air TV in spite of the CC&Rs - they can not prevent putting up such antennas and he was able to show he needed it to get enough signal.  Now his real plan was to also mount various ham antennas on the tower as well :)

Cheers,
Dan

________________________________
[...]

This is the type thing that law suits are made of. Homeowner's Association Vs. Dan.
Be very careful and prove your case prior to erecting anything regardless of what the city says.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

[...]

The case I'm referring to was somewhere in the south.  The HOA did go after him but made a mess of it so he won the case :)
In my case I do have CC&Rs but not HOA to enforce them...
Cheers,
Dan