New file uploaded to 070

070@...

Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Hi Milt and fellow PSKers,

Speaking as the secretary of the Oakland County Amateur Radio Society W8TNO and the new member of PODXS070, I wanted to report a transposition of our club call sign in Milt's excellent dupe sheet. What is listed as W8TON really should be W8TNO.

OCARS is celebrating it's 75th anniversary this year, and the TDW will be our kick-off event for this summer which will include a special event station, and possibly entry in some phone, CW and digital contests. So yes, we plan on being very active during the TDW and lets hope for good propagation.

Good luck to all

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

________________________________
a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Chuck Kovacs

my bad

n2eoc chuck

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Not a problem, Chuck, I appreciate your fine efforts. I hope we can work each other 5 times (no 6 meter antenna in my shack, not yet anyway....)

VY 73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joe, Chuck, et al:
Corrections are made and a new .xls and .pdf file have been uploaded to the Files section of both club reflectors.
Joe, will you be using the club's call during the TDW?
As with most operating events, once it begins, we'll communicate operating event confabulations via the contest reflector. We have to keep our boy Mark smiling so he can spew forth his famous libation recipes.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Chuck Kovacs

u got it joe. i'll be putting some hours in . friday morn i have to miss a couple hours for the grandkids, other than that i should be on alot.  this bonus station has no 6m but will be on 160. hope to find some folks there. fun band for psk. got a new beaverage to try out.keeping fingures crossed that storms that are coming this way don't keep us off the air. can't wait. this one is my favorite.

n2eoc chuck

________________________________
Not a problem, Chuck, I appreciate your fine efforts. I hope we can work each other 5 times (no 6 meter antenna in my shack, not yet anyway....)

VY 73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Re: Joe, will you be using the club's call during the TDW?

RR, I will indeed be using the club call W8TNO #1520. Our plans (consistent with the contest rules) will be the president of the club Jim KB8TXZ and I will both be operating and we will coordinate our efforts so that we are not both operating at the same time.

Perhaps the club bar-keep can come up with a couple of diabetic friendly libations involving Scotch whiskey....

I am certainly looking forward to this event as well as the reflector chatter.

VY 73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joe,
Perhaps I misunderstand the rules...but...
If Jim, KB8TXZ, your club's president is operating W8TNO, (070-1520) and you are operating as KJ8O, (070-1244), why can't you both operate at the same time? They are 2 seperate 070 memberships as long as they are manned by seperate folks in seperate locations, with seperate stations. Both stations would receive TDW participation stickers.
Now, if you both intend on using W8TNO, (070-1520), then it just doesnt matter, and you are correct. One station on the air at a time.
Bob, N3PPH, your official opinion please on Joe's opportunity?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
Unofficial Operating Event Cheerleader

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Dear Uncle Milt,

Your reading of the rules (in my opinion) is correct. Jim and I will both be operating as W8TNO, so we will have to take turns operating. If Bob N3PPH agrees to this, I could hand out a few points using my call while Jim is operating with the club call, but in all honesty, I have not even considered this until reading your e-mail.

VY 73 de Joe 070-1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Joe,
I try to get in every operating event. The TDW is a special one. As there are only 070 members, it's the best way to pick up new contacts for LONP. That's one reason I assume the cheerleading role for TDW.
Thanks to you and Jim for getting on with both calls. You'll be handing out multipliers and who knows?, maybe W8TNO can earn LONP in 1 weekend?
:-)
BTW, I have so many neices and nephews that when I hear, "Uncle Milt", someone is about to put the touch on me. It's either their birthday, confirmation, graduation or time to pay their tuition. Hi Hi.
See ya on the waterfall!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
TDW ad hoc Unofficial Cheerleader

Your reading of the rules (in my opinion) is correct. Jim and I will both be operating as W8TNO, so we will have to take turns operating. If Bob N3PPH agrees to this, I could hand out a few points using my call while Jim is operating with the club call, but in all honesty, I have not even considered this until reading your e-mail.

VY 73 de Joe 070-1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Chuck Kovacs

hey my bday is in september uncle.

n2eoc chuck

________________________________

Your reading of the rules (in my opinion) is correct. Jim and I will both be operating as W8TNO, so we will have to take turns operating. If Bob N3PPH agrees to this, I could hand out a few points using my call while Jim is operating with the club call, but in all honesty, I have not even considered this until reading your e-mail.

VY 73 de Joe 070-1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Get in line...so is mine, and it's the one day per year where I become VERY high maintenance!

Your reading of the rules (in my opinion) is correct. Jim and I will both be operating as W8TNO, so we will have to take turns operating. If Bob N3PPH agrees to this, I could hand out a few points using my call while Jim is operating with the club call, but in all honesty, I have not even considered this until reading your e-mail.

VY 73 de Joe 070-1244

________________________________

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 070
group.

File : /TDW/2012 TDW DUPE SPREADSHEET - FINAL VERSION.xls
Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net>

Bob N3PPH <rsheskin@...>

As I understand you are both at different locations, the only restriction I see is the two hours between switching calls at one station (Club Rule #5). If you are going to stick with the club call on both stations you are fine as long as you coordinate taking turns. Good Luck!

73,

Bob N3PPH

Uploaded by : w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net <mailto:n6mg%40verizon.net> >
Description : 2012 TDW DUPE SHEET .xls

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

w6qe.milt <n6mg@verizon.net <mailto:n6mg%40verizon.net> >

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Heh Milt

Thanks to you and Jim for getting on with both calls. You'll be handing out multipliers and who knows?, maybe W8TNO can earn LONP in 1 weekend?

===That's our game plan

BTW, I have so many neices and nephews that when I hear, "Uncle Milt", someone is about to put the touch on me. It's either their birthday, confirmation, graduation or time to pay their tuition. Hi Hi.

===> I'm at the point where I don't have birthdays anymore, confirmation was at age 12, graduations and tuition are thing of the past as well.

See ya on the waterfall!

===> you bet!

P.S. At the hamvention, we had a visitor from Sweden and one of the questions to him was how do you say "Hello" in Swedish.... "heh"

Chuck Kovacs

really only 1 day a year . hihihi

n2eoc chuck