self-jamming fixed

Daniel Severance

I bought a 100' extension cord (overkill but no clue which of these plugs in this 90 year old house are on the same line) and plugged it into another room.  Now when I plug in the computer it doesn't generate noise on 20M (although 20M is VERY noisy at the moment - I'm not doing it to myself).

Dan
N6ERD

Dan,
If this fixes it, the length of your cord doesn't matter.
I have a wall wart somewhere in my shack that's killing me on 30 meters. I have a 500 hZ wide band of qrn that I can visably see as it moves back and forth across my waterfall.
Maybe I'll get around to solving that situation someday. It isnt really something I can hear and it isnt a problem on cw. It just obliterates any trace it crosses on its journey back and forth.
I'm looking for you on 5 bands this weekend, and don't forget to check your log against the WOTMC for May. This is a good weekend to do the entire phrase.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

----- Original Message -----
To: 070 Club
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:54 PM
Subject: [070] self-jamming fixed

I bought a 100' extension cord (overkill but no clue which of these plugs in this 90 year old house are on the same line) and plugged it into another room. Now when I plug in the computer it doesn't generate noise on 20M (although 20M is VERY noisy at the moment - I'm not doing it to myself).

Dan
N6ERD

Daniel Severance

Good point - I assume PSK-63 doesn't count so I'll be starting from scratch in spite of last week's contest!

I'll look for you as well.  Checking out 17M at the moment - still hopping.

Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [070] self-jamming fixed

Dan,
I have a wall wart somewhere in my shack that's killing me on 30 meters. I have a 500 hZ wide band of qrn that I can visably see as it moves back and forth across my waterfall.
Maybe I'll get around to solving that situation someday. It isnt really something I can hear and it isnt a problem on cw. It just obliterates any trace it crosses on its journey back and forth.
I'm looking for you on 5 bands this weekend, and don't forget to check your log against the WOTMC for May. This is a good weekend to do the entire phrase.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

I bought a 100' extension cord (overkill but no clue which of these plugs in this 90 year old house are on the same line) and plugged it into another room. Now when I plug in the computer it doesn't generate noise on 20M (although 20M is VERY noisy at the moment - I'm not doing it to myself).

Dan
N6ERD

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

ljl2002@att.net

Dan,

I'll probably be on 20m for the duration.  At some point I'll have to squeeze in a lawnmowing exercise but otherwise I'm good to go.

See Milt... even us Yankees mow our grass. HI HI.

See you guys at the end of the week!
GL!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

--- On Tue, 5/22/12, Daniel Severance <daniel_severance@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: "070@yahoogroups.com" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 6:50 PM

Good point - I assume PSK-63 doesn't count so I'll be starting from scratch in spite of last week's contest!

Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

Dan,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Dan
N6ERD

Daniel Severance

Hi Joe,
   Let me know if you are going to be one before the contest sometime - I'd like to make sure my receive sensitivity is good enough to find the QRP guys.  I know you are close so you should be booming in but I want to be sure.
   I will be in and out remodelling the bathroom - perhaps I can run my coax into the bathroom window and set up in there :).
   It turns out I still have power issues on 20M so I'll likely spend more time on 15M, but will run a stint on 20 off battery and then go to 15/10 (or 40) and charge up.  Alternatively I'm redoing antennas today so I might get lucky and changing it might solve that problem (and help me hear/get out better.  It's mashed into the top of an 80' tree at the moment with all of that water and electrolyte around it :)  DI water I can live with around the antenna (i.e., rain), not "saltwater", i.e. leaves...

Cheers,
Dan

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:13 PM

Dan,

I'll probably be on 20m for the duration.  At some point I'll have to squeeze in a lawnmowing exercise but otherwise I'm good to go.

GL!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

Dan,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Dan
N6ERD

ljl2002@att.net

Hi Dan,

I was planning to be on early but I won't get home until 8:15 - 8:30 Thursday.  I'll get on the air as soon as I get in.  I'll look for you around 14072.5 khz.

Joe
KA1PPV #1482

--- On Wed, 5/23/12, Daniel Severance <daniel_severance@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 8:55 AM

Hi Joe,
   Let me know if you are going to be one before the contest sometime - I'd like to make sure my receive sensitivity is good enough to find the QRP guys.  I know you are close so you should be booming in but I want to be sure.
   I will be in and out remodelling the bathroom - perhaps I can run my coax into the bathroom window and set up in there :).
   It turns out I still have power issues on 20M so I'll likely spend more time on 15M, but will run a stint on 20 off battery and then go to 15/10 (or 40) and charge up.  Alternatively I'm redoing antennas today so I might get lucky and changing it might solve that problem (and help me hear/get out better.  It's mashed into the top of an 80' tree at the moment with all of that water and electrolyte around it :)  DI water I can live with around the antenna (i.e., rain), not "saltwater", i.e. leaves...

Cheers,
Dan

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:13 PM

Dan,

GL!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

Cheers,
Dan
N6ERD

Dan,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Dan
N6ERD