Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

Mike Flowers

Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a
sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

g4tgk

Hi,
It's all a bit relative because rare from here is probably not rare from the States.
However, my first ever KH6 qso (any mode after 29 years as a ham) resulted in a card from KH6CW for a 15m PSK contact, May 2011.
(30 watts into a MA5B at sea-level).

Regards,
John, G4TGK (073).

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest

information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

070-digest@yahoogroups.com

070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

ljl2002@att.net

Mike,

Australia is probably not considered rare but my QSO with VK5NE is rare enough fer me.
Since I only use 1.5W  "really rare" DX comes along very seldom.( I can't always work everything that I hear. HI)
I am waiting on a card from C31PP - Andorra.  Does that count???

73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a
sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Scotty W7PSK

FY1FV, VP6TD, V73RY, AH0/AB2RF, and V21ZG

Not sure which one is most rare of the group.

Scotty W7PSK

(PS See you on the air this weekend)

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie
Island.  I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on
20M with a
sloping dipole.  I just got his card back from the ARRL
card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

-          73 de Mike, K6MKF

    070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

Mike Flowers

Hi John,

Yes, 'rare' is a very subjective and local term. KH6 is a great one from
G-land!

I was working as KH6/K6MKF on 20M CW in April .

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

070-digest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070-digest%40yahoogroups.com>

070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Mike Flowers

A VK5 and Andorra are pretty darn rare with 1.5W, Joe !! Way to go !!

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a
sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Mike Flowers

They're all pretty exotic, Scotty!

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com
<mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >
contact?
To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 7:40 AM
Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie
Island. I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on
20M with a
sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL
card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:070-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

VK9CI Cocos-Keeling OC-003 PSK31 20M o4/Jun/2011
Barry
VA7GEM

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Flowers" <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my
tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a
sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and
thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Dave Kjellquist, WB5NHL

P29ZL (Papua New Guinea), 5Z4EE (Kenya) both on N-S center-fed Zepp at
50 ft.

M. Schiefelbein

Nice catch!! The occasional times I could hear Trevor on any mode here he was always swamped with a pileup.

For me it's probably either 3D20CR (Conway Reef), which started messing around with PSK a little on their last few days, or H40FK (Temotu).

But I haven't been at this nearly as long as some folks, so I imagine there have been some really rare ones on in years past.

--mark/K0ABC

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >
To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 9:40 AM

Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Definately S21B in Bangladesh is the rarest in my log on bpsk31. Not only a new 1 on psk31, but an all time new entity.
Interesting contact too. I was in qso with a JA station. It wasnt my frequency and when I signed with the JA, S21B called me. I wasnt sure of the call, and I xmitted that I was going up a bit. I did, called "qrz de w6qe w6qe", (my call at the time), and sure enough he answered. I had a nice 599 contact with Nizam, and sent for his card from his manager. In a note from his manager (KX7YT in Portland, Or.) along with the S21B card, he said that a West coast contact was extremely rare and he had never worked Nizam on psk31.
Now, I phrased that carefully. S21B is the rarest in my log. The rarest has to be the next one. The one that I havent worked yet. That's rare!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

FY1FV, VP6TD, V73RY, AH0/AB2RF, and V21ZG

Not sure which one is most rare of the group.

Scotty W7PSK

(PS See you on the air this weekend)

> For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie
> Island. I had my
> tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on
> 20M with a
> sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL
> card checker and
> thought I'd toss this question out there.
>

> What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?
>

> - 73 de Mike, K6MKF

> 070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

Scotty W7PSK

Nice one David, wish I could have pulled those down.

Speaking of RAREST of RARE.

HOLE 13 is still missing .... Can one of you fly to Chatham and activate it on PSK. The last 3 DXpeditions there have not done PSK. And KC4AAA hasnt been active in a long long time let alone PSK31.

Scotty W7PSK

P29ZL (Papua New Guinea), 5Z4EE (Kenya) both on N-S
center-fed Zepp at
50 ft.

    070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

M. Schiefelbein

The somewhat unusual thing is that although I chase DX on anything from CW to JT65, those two entities I've worked ONLY on PSK31. :-)

On a related note, I've never understood why more DXpeditions don't try PSK63 - it's at least as fast as RTTY (I'm pretty sure faster), but much more robust for weak signals on both ends.

--mark/K0ABC

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >

To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 9:40 AM

Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Doc

VQ9LA-20 rtty count?? Had a Tibet,on 40 rtty- Don't have the call right off de w8kq

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

No virus found in this message.

John,
There's an old expression in dx'ing..."One man's DX is another man's qrm".
Good job on the KH6 from the UK.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

070-digest@yahoogroups.com

070-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Mike Flowers

I’m also a member of the Northern California DX Club and PSK31 gets discussed from time to time. I wonder what kind of stir a PSK31-exclusive DXpedition to a rare one would cause? ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

The somewhat unusual thing is that although I chase DX on anything from CW to JT65, those two entities I've worked ONLY on PSK31. :-)

On a related note, I've never understood why more DXpeditions don't try PSK63 - it's at least as fast as RTTY (I'm pretty sure faster), but much more robust for weak signals on both ends.

--mark/K0ABC

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Mark,
I've had some confabulation with some pretty heavy-weight dxpedition team leaders recently. Some are adding psk63, and some are holdouts. It's all a time thing for them. Time vs. QSO rate. There are more guys on rtty, so that's where they spend the time.
Believe me, I do spread the Gospel whenever I can. Visalia and DX Bulletin's and via email to team leaders before dxpeditions when they're in the planning states.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76