From: ivor peters
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 8:55 AM
Subject: [070] MQ5PLY

m5ply@blueyonder.co.uk
hi pskers.
just to let you know I will be using the
call mq5ply from tomorrow may 5th.
sample of qsl card is on qrz.com.
so if you are looking for a p for wotm, I will
be on 14 meters psk.
73 ivor/m5ply/0292

Karen Russo

Here’s the info Milt - 73 Karen W4KRN

The Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) and Ofcom -- the British equivalent to the FCC -- have authorized radio amateurs to use special prefixes during 2012 in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Summer Olympics and Paralympic Games.

To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, all UK radio amateur and club stations can apply to use a special prefix for a five week period, from May 5-June 10. This will add or substitute the letter “Q” in the place of the regional identifier in the call sign. During the Summer Olympics and the Paralympic Games, radio amateurs and club stations can apply to use the letter “O” in the same fashion for a seven week period, from July 21-September 9.

Amateurs in the United Kingdom who choose to apply for these special call signs will be using GQ, MQ and 2Q prefixes to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee, and GO, MO and 2O prefixes to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

In addition, calls in the series GB2012aaa will be available for Special Event Stations relating to the Olympics. Licenses will also be issued for four “flagship” stations using the prefix 2O12a (that’s the letter “O,” not a zero, and “a” is a single letter relating to the location of the station).

Ivor,
Is this your new call, or special event call?
Milton
N6MG
070-650