From: melachri <w3hf@arrl.net>
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:54 PM
Subject: [070] W3HF/KH2 operations

I just wanted to mention that since I do have internet access while at the shack, please feel free to email me directly. I'm not very familiar with the vagaries of propagation from KH2, so I may not always have chosen the best band or antenna position for any given contact. But I'm almost always willing to move the antenna or even QSY if you think we could make a contact if I changed something. (This is especially true if we've never had a QSO, so this would count as a LONP point for me!) The only exception to this would be if I were running a well-behaved pileup--I'd feel guilty about dropping out unexpectedly in that case.

I still plan to be on the island for about 9 more days, so there are lots of opportunities left. I just can't predict what actual time will be available on any given day due to my work schedule.

Steve
W3HF/KH2

Scott Long

KH2L is on 21088 RTTY right now running about S6-7 here. Where is W3HF/KH2?

Scott, K8SM

_____

_____

From: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

________________________________
From: melachri <w3hf@arrl.net <mailto:w3hf%40arrl.net>
[...]

Steve W3HF

W3HF was at work. (Unfortunately I have to spend some time there, as they paid for my airfare, and are paying for my hotel, meals, and car.) I did just get off work, but after scanning around, I don't see any US signals now, but I'll try 20m for a while. Let me know if anyone else has a better suggestion on either band or beam heading. I should be here for about 6 or so hours.

Also, I have to work tomorrow (Saturday), so won't be on the air during most of local day time.

Steve
W3HF/KH2

On 04/19/12, Scott Long<k8sm@windstream.net> wrote:

[...]

Great copy on N4FOB in Florida now on 20m, if anyone is up.

Steve

On 04/20/12, Stephen Melachrinos<w3hf@arrl.net> wrote:

[...]

Steve, N6MG has the shiney side of the vertical aimed at you.
Calling cq at 14070 + 1500. 0919Z
Milt.

[...]

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

3D2MP es VK4NGW are quite solid into VE7 land at this time.
VA7GEM
Barry

Hi Barry...good to know I'm not the only person up walking the halls...may I ask what band?
I've worked into JA, RA0, UA0, VK3 and VK4 on 20m so far.
No traces on 3D2 yet.
Milt.
N6MG

3D2MP es VK4NGW are quite solid into VE7 land at this time.
VA7GEM
Barry

boat.anchor <boat.anchor@...>

Sri Milt
Wrkd them both on 20M at the upper end of the waterfall
Just chkd es they both are still in there
Barry