Any 070 members using Club log?

Craig AC4M

I was digging around trying to figure out why the 070 club was not listed on the Club log webpage and ran across this.

Clubs are what Club Log is all about - the clue is in the name! Club Log was designed to enable, in fact to encourage club activity and friendly competition between club members through its league tables and charts. For this reason, yes, it's very likely your club can be added to Club Log.

However, clubs consume resources and slow down Club Log, so there are two criteria for qualifying clubs. Qualifying clubs have:

At least 10 members already using Club Log;
A nominated contact - someone who is already registered in Club Log and can manage membership requests.
Once you've got these in place, please email Michael and your club will be added.

I was wondering what we could do to make that happen? I notice the the DMG and 30MDG are on there already.

thanks
AC4M

John van Eijndt KC0DEB

I am a Club Log user... Let's get 070 on there!

I motivated the members of the Kansas City Dx Club to join recently, and it has been very interesting to see where you stack up against other Clubs, and amongst your own members...
As a Club Log moderator for the KCDXC, I recommend to assign 2 or more moderators for approving members, as it speeds up the process of joining.

John KC0DEB #069

To: 070@yahoogroups.com
From: ac4m@live.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000
Subject: [070] Any 070 members using Club log?

[...]

Dave Kjellquist, WB5NHL

I use Club Log and have the widget on my home page.

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 11:23 +0000, my_call_is_ac4m wrote:

[...]

John & Craig,
Before you get excited and enthused about this, or even wonder what it's all about, shouldn't you address your communications to the Club Manager, Jay, N3DQU.
I have to point out that the work load of running the day to day operations of the PODXS 070 Club is massive, both short term and long term and only done by a very few people.
Why address the alter boys when you can go straight to the priest?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

From: ac4m@live.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000

[...]

It is fairly obvious the intent is to get a feel on how many people are actually a using the system to find out if it would even be worth it in the first place. Then also maybe learn more about the system and how hard or easy it would be to even consider it. I would not want to put a extra load on someone if there is no need to.

Why address the alter boys when you can go straight to the priest?
because the priest is not preaching and is only of one when many would be a potential user. also there no need for a priest if there is no church.

From: ac4m@live.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000

[...]

David Westbrook

I'd join 070 on club log! Would be willing to help out as a moderator, too.

I regularly (weekly-monthly-ish) upload 100% to club-log because
DXKeeper makes it easy to contribute my log.

--david
KJ4IZW

From: ac4m@live.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000

[...]

Mike Flowers

I'll gladly join 070 on Clublog. I upload almost daily and check my various
Club standings frequently.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: ac4m@live.com <mailto:ac4m%40live.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000

[...]

Bob <ei3grb_bob@...>

I am joined Clublog and a members of 4 or 4 clubs that are listed, we have mini challenges amongst ourselves

once set up there is nothing more to be done it

73 bob

From: ac4m@... <mailto:ac4m%40live.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:23:52 +0000

[...]

Rob Gibbs <rag040@...>

I just signed up and submitted my log. Hopefully we can get enough
members to join and get listed. I would be glad to help out if needed.

Rob
KD8HSV #1347

[...]

Shane

I have been on Club Log for about 6 months. It would be fun to join the club competition.

73
Shane
KD4SM #781

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, Rob Gibbs <rag040@...> wrote:

[...]

I'm already a member at Clublog, so all that is needed is for the Club
officer(s) to approach them and get the 070 Club set up.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> , Rob Gibbs
<rag040@...> wrote:

[...]

Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL

Clublog ready also here
73

Costas J. Dovas
SV4FFL
Loc: KM19li
e-mail: sv4ffl@raag.org
Radio e-mail : sv4ffl@winlink.org
web: http://www.qsl.net/sv4ffl

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...> wrote:

Clublog ready also here
73

David Westbrook

http://www.clublog.org/about.php

(and as a bonus if you use DXKeeper, it supports easy uploading)

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, ab9qu <ab9qu@comcast.net> wrote:

**

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...> wrote:

Clublog ready also here

Mike Flowers

www.clublog.org

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> , "Costas J. Dovas
- SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...> wrote:

Clublog ready also here
73

Mike Flowers

The site will take a standard ADIF export file as well. Easy as Pi ... ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

(and as a bonus if you use DXKeeper, it supports easy uploading)

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, ab9qu <ab9qu@comcast.net> wrote:

**

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...> wrote:

Clublog ready also here

Ted Krempa <trkrempa@...>

what, exactly, is the benefit of using it?  I signed up but not really sure why...

TK, K7TRK

The site will take a standard ADIF export file as well. Easy as Pi ... ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

(and as a bonus if you use DXKeeper, it supports easy uploading)

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, ab9qu <ab9qu@comcast.net> wrote:

**

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...> wrote:

Clublog ready also here

David Westbrook

they have some nifty reporting (and a lot of data to work with) ...
and there's the "clubs" aspect to see dxcc stats of various groups.

And one very handy feature, even if you don't use the site itself at all,
is when you upload it analyzes your log and compares everything to its
(extensive) database of calls/dates/DXCC info, and emails you a report of
any discrepancies.
So just that info can be worth the upload.

(I didn't use it past an initial try until DXK added support for it.)

--david
KJ4IZW

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Ted Krempa <trkrempa@yahoo.com> wrote:

**

what, exactly, is the benefit of using it? I signed up but not really
sure why...

TK, K7TRK

The site will take a standard ADIF export file as well. Easy as Pi ... ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

(and as a bonus if you use DXKeeper, it supports easy uploading)

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, ab9qu <ab9qu@comcast.net> wrote:

**

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@...>
wrote:

Clublog ready also here

Craig AC4M

If the PODXS 070 was put onto this site , how hard is it to maintain for the person that was in charge, any one know? Is it something automated not much fuss or does it take someone that has too put lots of input into, like being a moderator to yahoo group type of thing or not?

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Flowers" <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

The site will take a standard ADIF export file as well. Easy as Pi ... ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

(and as a bonus if you use DXKeeper, it supports easy uploading)

--david
KJ4IZW
070 #1041

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, ab9qu <ab9qu@...> wrote:

**

I am not familiar with Club Log. Any more info. A link to it?
73
Bill ab9qu

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Costas J. Dovas - SV4FFL" <sv4ffl@> wrote:

Clublog ready also here

John van Eijndt KC0DEB

FYI
I am 1 of the 2 moderators for the Kansas City DX Club on CL , and all it takes is to click 1 time to approve/decline a request.
To verify that the applying person is a member, a current membership list comes in handy.
A request will show up in your email inbox, click the link, and approve. that's all.
Again FYI, for the moderator: Log in CL, click "Settings", than click on the "administration" tab.
Now you'll be able to see : number of members, number of pending members, and an option to edit members.

Even though it is a simple process, I recommend to start with 2 moderators. ( also vy simple process) The initial wave of requests is probably going to be high with the great number of 070 club members out there.
If anyone has any questions about CL, feel free to email me direct.

73 John KC0DEB #069

To: 070@yahoogroups.com