HRD SOLD!

Jerry N9AVY

Date: Monday, September 12, 2011, 1:15 PM

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Ruben

Wow .... don't know if this is good or bad ....? Well we have been BETA testing for years now.

Ruben Echevarria KA2HHB
Newark, New Jersey 07104
070 Club#861 LONP#141
30MDG#1148 10-10#33308
EPC#3390

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Mike Flowers

Yep. It's going to keep going, but not likely to remain 'freeware' or
'shareware' much longer.

I for one certainly don't mind paying for continued updates and upgrades.
It's my digimode package of choice at present.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH
and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a
USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for
your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Perhaps the new owners may continue in Simon's footsteps and keep it freeware.

Jerry  n9avy

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH
and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a
USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for
your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Mike Flowers

Unlikely. Their website at <http://www.w4pcsoftware.com/>
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com/ offers software in the $50 - $300 range. They
'bought' the rights and code from Simon.

Given their current products, HRD is a great fit in their commercial
software product line. I can't imagine why they would just give it away.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH
and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a
USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for
your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Scotty W7PSK

My only Question
Since Simon used a lot of engines (for instance PSK is the FLDIGI engine he was allowed to use) that were developed by other people.  Does this now entail legal issues since he was given rights to use it as long as his software was free or donate ware.  People making money off the rights wont be well received IMHO.

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH
and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a
USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for
your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

Kent Berglund, Ph.D. <kbergphd@...>

Just went online to HRD website which is still up and running with v4 & v5
downloads. I didn't see any info about the sale. At least for now we can
still get upgrades from Simon thru that site.

73,
Kent KC9LIF
070#1294

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Rick Scott <w7psk@...> wrote:

**

[...]

I suspect these issues have long since been sorted out. The folks at W4PC
Software have been running their software business successfully for a while
now, and I doubt that they would buy a product they couldn't resell.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@... <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>
<mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>
To: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH
and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.
New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a
USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for
your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

chris g7ogx

IF YOU DOWNLOAD A TRIAL VERSION OF THEIR SOFTWARE AND COMPARE IT TO SIMON'S YOU CAN SEE WHY THEY BOUGHT THE COMPETITION.

Chris/Dad/G7OGX

When I found out that my real parents were budgies I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror..

To: 070@...

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@... <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

To: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@... <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

<mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

To: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

[mailto:070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

Today, Simon accepted an offer for Mike Carper WA9PIE, Randy Gawtry, K0CBH

and Rick Ruhl W4PC to purchase the source and rights to ham Radio Deluxe.

We plan to continue the development and support of this fine product.

New Digital Desktop for Alinco, Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu radios. Use just a

USB cable for your interface with select radios or get the full version for

your Kantronics or AEA/TNCs.

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready

The 25th anniversay PK-232 Software collectable CD, check it out at

http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest

information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest

information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Mike Flowers

Yes, and let us all hope that future developments will be in keeping with
Simon's vision for the HRD Suite.

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@... <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

To: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@... <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

<mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com>

To: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

From: 070@... <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

Phil Barnett <philb@...>

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 22:13 -0700, Rick Scott wrote:

My only Question
Since Simon used a lot of engines (for instance PSK is the FLDIGI engine he was allowed to use) that were developed by other people. Does this now entail legal issues since he was given rights to use it as long as his software was free or donate ware. People making money off the rights wont be well received IMHO.

Yes, it's perfectly legit to make money from Open Source code. It's
explicitly granted in all versions of the GPL if it's GPL code.
Otherwise, it's up to them to license the code through a legit method if
it's not already inherently granted it whatever license it was released
under.

There are indications that Simon is rewriting all his own codecs for his
very nice panadaptor software for this very reason.

It's a good thing that it's been picked up by someone. There have been
no serious efforts at improvement for 18 months. And that coincides with
how long Simon has been doing something else that is putting money in
his pocket.

I'll be submitting a bug list and sending some cash when it becomes
available.